Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm not really looking forward to playing as the operator

Hypernaut1

2 minutes ago, Latiac said:

It's fine if they don't force it on us.

If they do then that'd be awful - I'm not a fan of the Operating becoming a warrior, that's what Warframes are for, doesn't it defeat the whole point?

To be honest I'm not a big fan of Operators as a whole, ever since Second Dream i've just forgotten they exist and don't use them unless i'm forced to - and that's probably the way i'll continue playing the game.

Not to be critical but it's like Archwing in a sense, it was an idea but it didn't really catch on with alot of players.

well its forced on us to a degree. unless youre going to simply never try to kill the eidolon yourself. there is also very likely part of the questing that will revolve around the operator ranking up, so that's also where theyre likely to force it on us. just as forced as it was in the war within. 

I like operators but I like the idea of other things more, and unless the operators are going to get parkour and the weapons they use aren't going to totally suck, then I don't see it justifying any of this content. 

and hey, leave archwing out of this. I like archwing and I'm a bit worried theyre going to ruin it with the new combo flight system.

Just now, PookieNumnums said:

well its forced on us to a degree. unless youre going to simply never try to kill the eidolon yourself. there is also very likely part of the questing that will revolve around the operator ranking up, so that's also where theyre likely to force it on us. just as forced as it was in the war within. 

I like operators but I like the idea of other things more, and unless the operators are going to get parkour and the weapons they use aren't going to totally suck, then I don't see it justifying any of this content. 

and hey, leave archwing out of this. I like archwing and I'm a bit worried theyre going to ruin it with the new combo flight system.

Archwing is alright for me too, but that doesn't stop the fact that a vast majority of the community shunned it upon release and still dread it to this day.

Quests and whatnot is fine - We only HAVE to do those once so we can actually get them over and done with, like TWW and SD operator moments.

Eidolons would require Operators sure, but you know what you're getting into, same as Kuva Guardians, what I mean is implementing Operator mechanics into almost every enemy in the game - THAT would be bad.

Just now, Latiac said:

Archwing is alright for me too, but that doesn't stop the fact that a vast majority of the community shunned it upon release and still dread it to this day.

Quests and whatnot is fine - We only HAVE to do those once so we can actually get them over and done with, like TWW and SD operator moments.

Eidolons would require Operators sure, but you know what you're getting into, same as Kuva Guardians, what I mean is implementing Operator mechanics into almost every enemy in the game - THAT would be bad.

well, I find it sad that most players don't like archwing. its quite fun for me. 

I can understand only one offing the op moments in the quest but, if we don't like the operators much then doesn't that to a degree lessen the significance of the quest as well as stifle the enjoyment we are getting from it?

while I don't want to see so much of the game revolve around the operators I actually like farming kuva. I find it fun to jump way up in the air, pop my operator out as I'm falling then void dash into the kuva clouds before touching the ground. but even with that little bit of fun, the focus system determines what you do otherwise and the hand laser that we all share is really weak. Madurai is the only thing that really buffed any aspect of what they do for damage and that was only during the 'ghost operator' moment when activating focus. 

the beam focusing weapons... I would have rather seen sentient arm cannons for my warframe tbh. 

2 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

well, I find it sad that most players don't like archwing. its quite fun for me. 

I can understand only one offing the op moments in the quest but, if we don't like the operators much then doesn't that to a degree lessen the significance of the quest as well as stifle the enjoyment we are getting from it?

while I don't want to see so much of the game revolve around the operators I actually like farming kuva. I find it fun to jump way up in the air, pop my operator out as I'm falling then void dash into the kuva clouds before touching the ground. but even with that little bit of fun, the focus system determines what you do otherwise and the hand laser that we all share is really weak. Madurai is the only thing that really buffed any aspect of what they do for damage and that was only during the 'ghost operator' moment when activating focus. 

the beam focusing weapons... I would have rather seen sentient arm cannons for my warframe tbh. 

And that's fine! Freedom to you.

I just prefer to play differently I suppose - I guess i'm lucky we DON'T have to use Operator if we don't have to. I'm just a little concerned that DE might force it upon us in regular gameplay. that's all.

Edited by Latiac

Just now, Latiac said:

I just prefer to play differently I suppose - I guess i'm lucky we DON'T have to use Operator if we don't have to. I'm just a little concerned that DE might force it upon us in regular gameplay. that's all.

Force it upon us in regular gameplay? Of course they're not going to do that, regular missions are gonna stay the same.

Just now, Latiac said:

I'm in agreement with you here, don't misunderstand. I don't really think that focusing on operators for combat is going to be fun or a great idea.

I mean, perhaps it wouldn't be as bad if they really gave specters some decent ui and let our warframes fight along side us as we are playing as our operators, and hell... for that matter.. allow us to control their ability casting while playing as operators while the warframe handles the weapon aspects.. 

but in that instance we would need to be able to like... choose targets for them to shoot or at least have them attacking what we are

Hmmm.

Jim Responds!

- For me, the Operator has never been an NPC. From the moment the Transference pod cracked open, I grokked it, the Operator is my player character, and the Warframes are his surrogates and weapons.

- That said, the Operator dialogue system is absolutely godawful. Sweet Jesus, I would happily delay the Focus expansion for another six months if it meant an accompanying rework of Operator voice packs. Seriously DE, make an Operator voice pack which could be described as 'Brooding Space Samurai Mech Pilot', and I will throw cash at you. Giving Operators 'warrior powers' doesn't help if they still sound like ignorant children.

- It still sounds like the Operators are using advanced Void attacks to strip Eidolon defences so that Warframes can kill it, so Warframes are still relevant.

- Anyway, I'd prefer to see more Operator-only stealth and agility based missions.

- I am also less and less attached to more recent Warframe designs because of aesthetic concerns. Effectively, Warframes  designed over the past year or so have been looking less and less and less like advanced power armour cyber ninjas and more like superhero action figures. I far prefer the relatively clean lines and smooth design (complete with serial numbers and armour plates) of earlier frames. These days, the baseline form of new Warframes is more intricate and ornate than the Prime of older frames! With that in mind, I'm happy to just dress my Operator in smooth grey armour.

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Force it upon us in regular gameplay? Of course they're not going to do that, regular missions are gonna stay the same.

but what if lotus pops up and says 'tenno, the enemy has developed technology that prevents your warframe from entering the spy vaults. you must now do them as your operator!!' 

I could see them actually doing that -_-

Just now, PookieNumnums said:

but what if lotus pops up and says 'tenno, the enemy has developed technology that prevents your warframe from entering the spy vaults. you must now do them as your operator!!' 

Well maybe DE is gonna create one or two enemies per faction that can do that, be we most likely gonna rekt them, so not too much problem.

1 minute ago, PookieNumnums said:

I hope they don't but if anything the Grineer could, they've already built the Siphon to be 'Warframe Proof'...

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Well maybe DE is gonna create one or two enemies per faction that can do that, be we most likely gonna rekt them, so not too much problem.

If those enemies stay to specific missions only, say for example similar to Kuva Guardians in Kuva missions then it's fine with me.

1 minute ago, Latiac said:

If those enemies stay to specific missions only, say for example similar to Kuva Guardians in Kuva missions then it's fine with me.

Yeah like that, not like regular enemies but specific ones in specific game modes :)

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

6 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hmmm.

Jim Responds!

- For me, the Operator has never been an NPC. From the moment the Transference pod cracked open, I grokked it, the Operator is my player character, and the Warframes are his surrogates and weapons.

- That said, the Operator dialogue system is absolutely godawful. Sweet Jesus, I would happily delay the Focus expansion for another six months if it meant an accompanying rework of Operator voice packs. Seriously DE, make an Operator voice pack which could be described as 'Brooding Space Samurai Mech Pilot', and I will throw cash at you. Giving Operators 'warrior powers' doesn't help if they still sound like ignorant children.

- It still sounds like the Operators are using advanced Void attacks to strip Eidolon defences so that Warframes can kill it, so Warframes are still relevant.

- Anyway, I'd prefer to see more Operator-only stealth and agility based missions.

- I am also less and less attached to more recent Warframe designs because of aesthetic concerns. Effectively, Warframes  designed over the past year or so have been looking less and less and less like advanced power armour cyber ninjas and more like superhero action figures. I far prefer the relatively clean lines and smooth design (complete with serial numbers and armour plates) of earlier frames. These days, the baseline form of new Warframes is more intricate and ornate than the Prime of older frames! With that in mind, I'm happy to just dress my Operator in smooth grey armour.

operator focused game modes would be fine if the warrior mode includes a lot more than simply 'talk to the hand' upgrades.

(I forget what quest came out.. perhaps it was just after war within or maybe it was shortly before) there was a second menu in the gear wheel ui that allowed you to pick something to say with our operators. there was only one option in there but it existed. maybe they'll be adding that in finally. 

as for the design of warframes I'm sorta with you there. while I do like the look of say, titania, and Octavia.. the kits have been subpar imo and the glass frame coming looks hideous. at least they were clever enough to make the ugly helmet the alt.

Edited by PookieNumnums

1 minute ago, PookieNumnums said:

as for the design of warframes I'm sorta with you there. while I do like the look of say, titania, and Octavia.. the kits have been subpar imo and the glass frame coming looks hideous. at least they were clever enough to make the ugly helmet the alt.

I quite like the designs. Makes them look more well, alive if you will instead of symetrical machines, maybe that's the aim DE has with future quests? We don't know everything afterall...

But yes, some DO look awful, but some look nice - I quite like the Glass frame coming out, but maybe that's just personal preference.

Don't get me wrong,  I'm not in a panic, claiming that the game will be horrible. I'm saying that I don't necessarily like the direction of the operators.  I was cool with the emo kid as the fragile insides....i just dont want to play as them. It feels like a bait and switch.  I don't want warrior operators.  Leave the combat to WFs. 

Again,  this is just my concern.  I'm not quitting WF. I'm hoping they prove me wrong and they become wonderful additions to gameplay and lore, but so far I haven't been too impressed passed TSD. TWW wasn't bad,  but it just feels like putting the focus back on the WF would be so much better and more intriguing for the game. I'd be more excited about reworked focus for the WF. I'd be more excited if eidelons were a challenge for our WF and it's powers sets. I'm sure most of us care mote about Umbra and what that means to WF than more operator drama. 

We have these awesome WFs and it seems like DE wants them to share the spotlight with operators which aren't half as intriguing. Its like - "oh cool, we are kids locked in a pod... now back to space ninjas" but DE keeps trying to convince me they area just as cool. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Don't get me wrong,  I'm not in a panic, claiming that the game will be horrible. I'm saying that I don't necessarily like the direction of the operators.  I was cool with the emo kid as the fragile insides....i just dont want to play as them. It feels like a bait and switch.  I don't want warrior operators.  Leave the combat to WFs. 

Again,  this is just my concern.  I'm not quitting WF. I'm hoping they prove me wrong and they become wonderful additions to gameplay and lore, but so far I haven't been too impressed passed TSD. TWW wasn't bad,  but it just feels like putting the focus back on the WF would be so much better and more intriguing for the game. I'd be more excited about reworked focus for the WF. I'd be more excited if eidelons were a challenge for our WF and it's powers sets. I'm sure most of us care mote about Umbra and what that means to WF than more operator drama. 

We have these awesome WFs and it seems like DE wants them to share the spotlight with operators which aren't half as intriguing. Its like - "oh cool, we are kids locked in a pod... now back to space ninjas" but DE keeps trying to convince me they area just as cool. 

The warrior mode is more like a help for your Warframe than a than a gameplay you need to play.

Obviously you can play an entire mission with only your Operator but it's not an obligation.

I...feel the opposite. I feel like the Tenno are unfinished and need resolution, whereas to me the Warframes are pieces of equipment. Valuable equipment! Mysterious equipment of obscure origin! Powerful equipment, with sentimental value! But still items. Things.

If you told me I could either have Umbra or customizable voice packs for the Tenno, I'd pick the voice packs every time.

EDIT: Remember, DE built a musical instrument with its own mini game and multiple programmable modes, complete with extra unlockable options available for plat, and they did that for one Warframe. 

They can program a dialogue wheel which players can preload with a variety of their chosen voice lines.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

I am looking forward to it, but I agree DE must have a balance between Warframe and Operator, to at least those who prefer Warframes and those who prefer Operator.

And not outright removing it, or just make it irrelevant and forget about it like some people here are suggesting...

48 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

resources making something that is JUST for the eidolon, I have to wonder if their leadership is in the right position to be making decisions to do this. secondly, they neglected clans, alliances, the king pin system, the prototype steve was working on.. all for something that revolves around an insanely underwhelming looking big bad monster fight, a big bad monster that doesn't even target you but targets the general area the attacks were coming from? 

ehhh... I think we can in fact knock it a lot based on what we've seen so far, even without seeing the operator combat. 

You misinterpreted what I meant, the Eidolon fight is a MUST for the operator, you can't get around it, everything else you don't have to use the operator if you don't want to. Just like fighting the kuva, just like the Queen fight, just like Harrow, only this time their combat is going to be different. That's pretty narrow thinking to throw away an idea without even trying it. Whining for the sake of whining is what I read in that last statement. 

How would y'all feel about a quest mission which involves the Operator clambering around inside the ducts and machinery of the Orbiter, talking to Ordis via headset, holding soldering irons and Allen keys in their teef, fixing the various broken crap and unlocking the elevator to the lower decks? Having to vaporize rogue elements of Helminth which are loose in the pipes, and dodge environmental hazards from broken machinery?