The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't let this be the volt deluxe skin.

lightdragon64

in the reddit AMA this skin concept was revealed as the upcoming volt premium skin (probably not final)

Spoiler

004-FinalPass.jpg

However in my personal opinion there are designs which are significantly better. This skin here would do better as an Excalibur or Ash skin IMO, it does not resemble volt at all but instead looks like some strange experiment by the grineer.

This skin is easily beat by the few tennogen skins that we have, which even though aren't allowed to have a custom body, they look much better by looks and design alone. I.E. volt graxx skin, amp skin, zener, and capacitor skin. All of these just look like they had a lot more thought put into their looks while this concept just looks awful in my opinion.

a quick google search does volt a lot more justice in comparison.

Prototype volt by fulcrvm

Spoiler

43Kk9o1.png

has a slight of a grineer look to it but still looks significantly better.

Volt alternate skin concept by Artarrwen on deviantart

Spoiler

Volt Alternate Skin Concept by Artarrwen

I like this one a lot, definitely gives off that 'electromancer' vibe i have always gotten from volt. and unlike DE's concept this one actually looks like volt.

Destroyer volt, by fulcrvm

Spoiler

V2vJowK.png

If DE is trying to go for a "proto volt" for the look in their concept they are doing it kinda wrong, this one however would definately do a much better job as a proto volt look.

There are plenty of other images that you could search for when trying to imagine what a deluxe skin for volt looks like.

The one DE came up has the following wrong with it IMO.
-it's too simplistic
-does not resemble volt at all
-looks more like excalibur/ash in it's design
-looks like some kind of grineer/infested experiment gone bland.
-ect.

all i'm saying here is that DE's design is just bad in comparison to all their other concepts for premium skins (chroma dynasty skin, mag deluxe) all of which do a great job fitting the look and theme of the warframe, this one however just looks awful in comparison...

sorry for the rant just figured it was better than sitting in silence.

I have to says this thing is horrible and would be the first skin I won't buy (or only for "the most cancerous fashion frame" contests).

But I think it's not from DE. All deluxe skins concepts was officially shown from DE on devstreams, even on the earliest state, so I doubt this is truely from DE.

Edited by lukinu_u

This isn't the only deluxe concept for Volt in the works:

[–]ShinyLord 

Hi DE; I loved the Plains of Eidolon gameplay you showed off today! I just had a couple of questions for you:

1. Is there any sign of a Volt Deluxe Skin in the future?

2. Will Hydroid get any more major changes at this point in time? I know you've said that this was the case in the last Devstream, but I and many others really do feel like he still needs some important changes (mainly to his passive and how Undertow works when using Tidal Surge, to name a few examples).

Either way, thank you for making such an amazing game!

[–]DigitalExtremes[S]

There are indeed some Volt deluxe concepts that have progressed a fair bit - maybe next Devstream!

As for Hydroid, nothing major is coming but we can look at the little things still!

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

6 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

This isn't the only deluxe concept for Volt in the works:

[–]ShinyLord 

Hi DE; I loved the Plains of Eidolon gameplay you showed off today! I just had a couple of questions for you:

1. Is there any sign of a Volt Deluxe Skin in the future?

2. Will Hydroid get any more major changes at this point in time? I know you've said that this was the case in the last Devstream, but I and many others really do feel like he still needs some important changes (mainly to his passive and how Undertow works when using Tidal Surge, to name a few examples).

Either way, thank you for making such an amazing game!

[–]DigitalExtremes[S]

There are indeed some Volt deluxe concepts that have progressed a fair bit - maybe next Devstream!

As for Hydroid, nothing major is coming but we can look at the little things still!

hmm... that implies they have more than one... good i guess... but why show this one on the AMA?

Whew, thank god that someone thought the same as I did and brought it up.

I don't want to sound like a snob, but I've played Volt for a long, long time, like , 1/4 of my entire playtime is just on him alone. I know that playtime or usage doesn't mean much, but I am using it to put everyone in perspective here: if a player like me who main Volt, a relatively unpopular frame that I still loved and devoted to no end, is having second thoughts about  the skin concept, what do you think the rest of the warframe community will think about this skin? I doubt most of them would even bother to purchase it for fashionframe. I understand that the idea of aesthetic and what is tasteful is different for everyone, but to me, deluxe skins are meant to be an upgrade in terms of aesthetics to the original warframe design, something different but at the same time built upon the original, a sort of improvement you would say. From what I've seen so far the skin is nothing like what Volt represent, with all of his unique features and elements just absent- not like other deluxe skins where they are altered (Loki knave's horns, Nova's round contours, etc.) just, everything is complete absent or dare I say, bland. I understand that DE is experimenting and wanted to create something different, but this skin still pale in comparison in terms of design to other frames and their deluxe skins who arguably gets better treatment both in terms of gameplay and appearance.

In short, I've always, always wanted a Volt deluxe skin ever since deluxe skin has been a thing. And I hoped that by having a good skin maybe, just maybe players will be interested in playing my beloved speedster. But right now, as much as I wanted to I don't think I am going to get this skin. Please DE, I sincerely ask all you good folks there to reconsider this design. I am fine with deviation from the original design, just not like this. 

2 minutes ago, Leoguy said:

Oh? Why Diriga specifically? Personally I would've wanted some armors to...help that design a bit if they decided to go with it...

Only sentinel that currently uses electricity, I love the ramshackle grineer design but I also love sentinel cosmetics.

I don't like the alternative skins that TC posted either, and I prefer more ninja like fashion for my space ninjas anyway, which that DE concept skin seems to be going for. Hope it transfers well to 3d modeling, but its Not the best design though.

EDIT: I didn't take a close enough look at it when I originally posted,was looking at it on my phone. It truly is unsightly. Please go back to the drawing board on this Volt deluxe concept DE, or please patch things up with Ignusdei.

Edited by UrielColtan

Those first two (NOT the one DE is considering) are beautiful... They respect Volt for what he truly is. I main Volt and he has been my favorite Warframe as long as I've been playing. Even if he's one of the more squishy ones... 

In all honesty, the third one (Again, not counting DE's concept) is good to me, but it's probably not one I would buy. I really would like to see the first two though. If DE makes this...

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

Edited by KelsierSurvivor
Justice.

Eh, I honestly don't think it looks bad. Maybe not the coloring I'd have picked. I think it'd look a lot better in-game with PBR.

I do have to agree on the other thing though, it doesn't really look much like Volt. Even if it's a proto-armor Volt skin... it just kinda feels like a completely different frame.