Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need mounts 😄

Dreadwire

I'd rather have them focus on other things. New content is always welcome, but there are older mechanics that I'd like to see fixed/updated before we get something like land mounts.

Besides, I'm really glad to finally see archwing become useful outside of its own mission type.

DISCLAIMER : MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN, AND TO TYPE A SINGLE LOWER CASE CHARACTER, I'D HAVE TO TAP CAPS LOCK TWICE, JUST FOR 1 CHARACTER. SO DO IGNORE THE RAGE LIKE TYPING.

NOW IMAGINE AN ATLAS RIDING ON A GALLOPING MOA'S BACK.  THAT'S BE BOTH RIDICULOUS AND COOL AT THE SAME TIME.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem
NO, I AM NOT MAD OR ANYTHING..

I think PoE size will be fix at 9km2.

And if it is successful then there will be another plains on another planet.

In my opinion adding Ride will quite tricky since if the mount is slower than parkour it will be fun for first then forgotten all together.

12 minutes ago, Avynire said:

I think PoE size will be fix at 9km2.

And if it is successful then there will be another plains on another planet.

In my opinion adding Ride will quite tricky since if the mount is slower than parkour it will be fun for first then forgotten all together.

Point taken. But truthfully. I really dont want to bullet jump the entire map. 😅

Archwings fill this role and is sort of a flying mount. You can't use Archwing weapons on the plains so they were very likely put into for their mobility. If a ground-based mount were to compete with it, it would either have to be a tank and provide another value such as large mounted weapons or they would need to travel faster than an Itzal.

People would eventually just revert to saving themselves the hassle with Archwings where they can completely ignore terrain if we had a land-based mount that was just going to be slightly faster than sprinting but not offer anything over Archwings.

Archwing is more than enough to get around PoE if you are in a rush to go somewhere. If you aren't in a rush to go somewhere then you should be taking in the sheer beauty that is PoE and all the effort that DE has put into it. "Stop and smell the roses" as the saying goes.

Also, a mount would be so out of place in Warframe.

We need diverse modes of transportation, imo. It's an open world. Part of the appeal of open world gameplay is having a variety of different gameplay options. Only having archwing and on-foot travel is way too limited. I don't think we necessarily need mounts (although it'd be about as out of place as mounts in Horizon Zero Dawn - it isn't that out of place), but I'd like to see some kind of small hovercraft and an additional aerial vehicle (maybe letting us hop into Dargyns and Ogmas). It's not about how fast these vehicles would go, or about whether or not they're faster/slower than archwing and bullet jumping. It's about having various tools so that players have the choice to diversify their gameplay experience. I'm not expecting people who haven't played, or aren't fans of, open world games to understand, but to me, as an open world fan, it's important.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

They need to do exactly what they are doing and keep finding ways to integrate Archwing into the game more. We don't need cars or pig lizard mounts or flying tricycles. We have something in the game that works already and the majority of the work is done already with it so they can focus more on new content and mechanics.

Edited by Ceryk

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to mount-type things, if DE wanted to go for it. As noted above, Archwing is the main transport system out on the Plains, so an actual reason to use some other, land-based transport would be most likely necessary. I agree with the idea of adding heavy weapons and massive armor to these things. Maybe as a mobile base for hunting Eidolons? That could certainly be an interesting idea. 

Alternatively, on other planets, there might be some reason why Archwing wouldn't work -- navigational anomalies, blasting winds, orbital deathbeams, or what have you. Essentially, there would need to be a reason as to why Archwing doesn't work there.
Although, if an Archwing can function underwater on Uranus, it can probably function anywhere with minimal issue.

1 hour ago, Avynire said:

9km2.

3km

And as for a "mount", I think a hoverbike would be pretty neat. If they were to work on anything in this sense though, I'd hope it would be a side-thing.

Edited by Mk_1