Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I did a stupid...2 questions

SpentCasings

Question

So in Region chat there was the usual HEK pun shenanigans going on, and I had just gotten a Blaze mod for my shotguns. So me getting into the spirit of things I type "420 [Blaze] it Fa*et" as just a joke. No it was not even remotely ment to be homphobic if anyone's been around the internet a while you know what it means. Uknown to me certain words are an insta suspension. 

A. is this suspension permanent? Seems rather silly especially given the context. And it really makes it hard to trade for plat if you cant use any chat at all, or to tell people NOT to murder your sythesis target....or to tell the new guy with the frost prime not to use life support when its at 99%....

B. What words are allowed and are not allowed? This automated chat system seems incredibly hit or miss, as you can curse like a sailor all day long, but you cant type "fa*et"?

22 answers to this question

Don't type any swear words or even anything that could be vaguely construed as insulting or hateful (I've heard of people getting banned for simply naming ethnicity/religions, and the Forums censor that stuff too, so....). The chatbot is rather sensitive, so you're best off not saying anything political or with expletives in it.

It should have told you how long it lasts.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

11 minutes ago, SpentCasings said:

It did not. But seriously ive seen and let loose the flying Fbomb in chat with...nothing done. 

Again, people have banned for saying the common term for "semite." The censorship is stupid, I know. You're better off being careful.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

6 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Btw, the chat you typed this.in the one you got suspended on only, so you should still.be able to use squad, clan chats etc. Also it's not permanent, but it might take a while.

Nope completly nuked all chat tabs. No trade no clan, no region, nothing. 

Just now, SpentCasings said:

Nope completly nuked all chat tabs. No trade no clan, no region, nothing. 

Not suuposed to happen. That could be something in the game itself. Check your internet connection and if still nothing, talk with support. No channel ban nukes all chat channels. Not possible.

It's a new forme of chat suspension. If you use really ugly slurs and stuff like you've just done, you're getting rightfully nuked from ALL chat servers. No one wants to see disgusting homophobic slurs in a squad chat, so boom. You don't have one for awhile. No regional chats, no squad, no clan or alliance. It's basically ensuring that you can't be a nasty human being to anyone in any chat. This can last anywhere from days to weeks, so maybe think about what you're typing before you send it, if you can even handle using some common sense and showing some basic human decency.

Enjoy using gross slurs at the expense of gay people as a joke so that people will think you're cool, but also enjoy your ban ✌️

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

(I've heard of people getting banned for simply naming ethnicity/religions, and the Forums censor that stuff too, so....).

Wait, you can seriously be bleeped for typing "Caucasian", "Hispanic", and "Jewish"?

I mean I highly doubt it, I admit this is a waste of a post, but I just had to make sure for myself

24 minutes ago, Telluric said:

Enjoy using gross slurs at the expense of gay people as a joke so that people will think you're cool, but also enjoy your ban ✌️

You just typed in a word what can warrant you one day ban if you are unlucky. Tell me if you think this is fair in the region chat?

8 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

You just typed in a word what can warrant you one day ban if you are unlucky. Tell me if you think this is fair in the region chat?

I think it's very fair, and I'm glad it exists now.

It makes you either be conscious of what you type, or continue to stay banned so we don't have to read whatever garbage you're writing.

Don't want a server-wide chat ban? Don't be disgusting. Bye 👋

1 minute ago, Telluric said:

I think it's very fair, and I'm glad it exists now.

It makes you either be conscious of what you type, or continue to stay banned so we don't have to read whatever garbage you're writing.

Don't want a server-wide chat ban? Don't be disgusting. Bye 👋

You do know i can still go on the server and type in "nezha is G" or "F you" and so on?

Also what the hell is so disgusting in this word? We even have a warframe partner whos name is aG  guyplays we cant name him or refer to his name because it gets us banned but then again why do we have him as a partner thought?

42 minutes ago, Telluric said:

It's basically ensuring that you can't be a nasty human being to anyone in any chat.

think about what you're typing before you send it, if you can even handle using some common sense and showing some basic human decency.

wow, so aggressive and toxic. Chill down man.You're not mature if you permit to such little things to go so deep in you (no pun intended).

Gay - Meaning happy, good mood and attitude.

%&^(got) - Meaning Cigarette(s), or bundle of sticks used in lighting fires.

Only the truly problematic people are those that think these words are offensive. The poorly educated have taken these words and applied vulgar definitions to them. Society is aiding these degenerates by propagating the idea that these words are 'bad'. The words are not bad, in and of themselves. Can they be used offensively? Sure. Any word can used in the right (or rather 'wrong') context.

However, a bot can not decipher what the context of a conversation is, therefore is not only a poor way to deal with the situation, but is more harassing than the issue they are trying to fix. The current chat filter/ban system being used is actually making the community in Region more toxic, not less. People become bitter when punished when they did nothing wrong.

Hopefully someone at DE takes steps to try to alleviate the growing angst. My personal solution would be to de-activate the current ban-bots and start anew from the ground up. Trying to fix the current, broken, system would be a waste of time and resources, imo. It's gone too far down a path and simply needs to be scrapped and redone. A system does need to be in place to remove the most vulgar of chat, but those words are actually very few.

Edit: The fact that this forum auto-corrected my second definition only proves my point.

Edited by Ryim_Drykeon

5 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

You do know i can still go on the server and type in "nezha is G" or "F you" and so on?

Also what the hell is so disgusting in this word? We even have a warframe partner whos name is aG  guyplays we cant name him or refer to his name because it gets us banned but then again why do we have him as a partner thought?

It´s not the same, chat has high traffic, and the bots can´t read context, the bots won´t know if you are justified in using it or if you made a bad joke, so they censor them for any case, it is not that the word gay is offensive, but can be used as part of an insult or attack, and you can call him Rob.

Edited by Pavelord

On 9/22/2017 at 9:42 PM, Cloud said:

wow, so aggressive and toxic. Chill down man.You're not mature if you permit to such little things to go so deep in you (no pun intended).

Tolerating toxic behaviour is not mature, and doesn't make you a tough guy. It makes you part of the problem. Calling it out is not toxic. It's responsible.

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Wait, you can seriously be bleeped for typing "Caucasian", "Hispanic", and "Jewish"?

I mean I highly doubt it, I admit this is a waste of a post, but I just had to make sure for myself

Indeed, when I first typed out my post, I used "Jewish" instead of semite. It got censored out (I assume the quotes stop it from taking effect). It's stupid.