Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... when are the cysts going to have a point beyond helminth chargers?

Jackviator

(Disclaimer: I've missed a few devstreams lately, so if this has been addressed already, let me know).

So... when are these cysts going to have a point besides letting us mutate our adorable puppers into monstrosities that might be in constant pain, controlled by an eldritch abomination in our ship?

I remember DE talking about new gameplay systems that would revolve around them (and most likely Helminth itself), how they'd be important enough that you'd have the choice to reinfect your frames using a vaccine if you want. ...So where are they? As-is, they're pointless unless you really like breeding those tortured doggos controlled by a cosmic horror entity.

They're ugly unless they're hidden well and/or you're using a pink color scheme (#pinkrhinomasterrace), take way too long to mature to the point of being popped, and I dread building new frames because I know I'll be stuck with one of those things for a week as soon as I enter a Public mission. So when are they going to be important enough that it'll be worth the trade-off in the true fashionframe endgame?

5 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

So about that weird speaking chair. Any lore behind that?

All we know is what Ordis told us; that Helminth is responsible for the biological systems within the ship. Beyond that, I got nothing.

¯\_(:/)_/¯

Edited by Jackviator

3 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

So about that weird speaking chair. Any lore behind that?

I wonder if "hey kiddo" and him ever talk to each other 

The Father (the one who calls us 'Kiddo') probably doesn't like Infested, and the chair is Helminth; beyond it handling life support and caring for fish in its fish-tank, I don't know.

As for the Cysts themselves, I'd be happy to bribe Helminth with credits to prematurely disinfect my Warframe.

I believe DE had all these other things in mind, and because of these things (such as Plains) becoming a priority, Helminth and the Infestation that kneels before Nidus has become a background thing. If enough of us speak up about what's going on about it and the Corpus, we may eventually get a shift away from the 'Grineer central' that we've had for - technically- ever.

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

I hope never. I cured all my warframes and I don't want to make a new one just for the cyst. But the talking chair will most likely play a more important role in later cinematics.

I hope it does. They got people interested with the whole infested sounds from the door, than the door being infested too then in the end we got a whole new room... but only a scrap of lore of why it exists and the single purpose of creating a single kind of pet. It was underwhelming.

1 minute ago, Recel said:

I hope it does. They got people interested with the whole infested sounds from the door, than the door being infested too then in the end we got a whole new room... but only a scrap of lore of why it exists and the single purpose of creating a single kind of pet. It was underwhelming.

The infested chamber (and the talking chair) will, but the cyst itself won't.  Perhaps in the Sacrifice, the new cinematic after PoE.

I'd imagine we'd get other Helminth-produced things out of him eventually, though maybe with a system a little better refined than the cyst. I believe Kavats are immune so nothing there, but maybe an infested sentinel would eventually be in the works. Infested landing craft visuals would be cool too, though probably limited to a heavily altered base landing craft.

Outside of cosmetic things we can do I imagine Helminth will become much more involved in our activities when DE finishes fleshing out (ha) the rest of our orbiter. 

Oh and if DE wants to keep the cyst system it'd be much less devastating to fashionframe if the cyst "bloomed," maybe giving you a choice of its final appearance while you hold on to it. It'd still be infested but it could stand to be prettier and match your attachment or frame colors.

Edited by Beartornado

5 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Why would Helminth have anything to do with Umbra?

The nature of Umbra is still uncertain, but it's quite clear that the most obvious difference is the warframe's appearance. If Umbra is acquired or created in a non-traditional manner then it's not impossible for Helminth to be involved in that process. It's quite likely he's producing the infested material that makes up your warframe's biological systems when you craft one, using the resources you provided of course.

49 minutes ago, Beartornado said:

The nature of Umbra is still uncertain, but it's quite clear that the most obvious difference is the warframe's appearance. If Umbra is acquired or created in a non-traditional manner then it's not impossible for Helminth to be involved in that process. It's quite likely he's producing the infested material that makes up your warframe's biological systems when you craft one, using the resources you provided of course.

I gather infested material that is used in the crafting of the warframe by Ordis' Foundry segment. Helminth keeps said biological matter alive and not doing something its not supposed to do if I am reading Ordis' lines of the reason Helminth is a 'necessary evil'. Umbra seems linked to Stalker or Stalker's original station and has bling showing it was created by the Orokin or at least something mimicking their style. While we haven't seen too much of Helminth's style per say, its Helminth Charger shows a link more to the tune of Nidus and a corrupted nature approach than finished and burnished gold and uniform umbral black. Artistically, Umbra seems to be a dark mirror thematically to Primes, possibly something for a lower caste or secret police element of Tenno, or something one should dread even as a prime would uplift.

1 minute ago, -Kyle- said:

The Sacrifice is about the Warframe's nature, so, who knows that infested door is not gonna be connected with that, including, maybe, Umbra foundry?

There's also the theory that Umbras are the Tenno who stayed "awake" during the first dream. Choosing not to forget what they did, unlike us. In which case, Helminth would have little to do with them.
But of course what Umbras are can only be really theorised upon for now, like so many things in the Warframe lore.

3 minutes ago, Recel said:

There's also the theory that Umbras are the Tenno who stayed "awake" during the first dream. Choosing not to forget what they did, unlike us. In which case, Helminth would have little to do with them.
But of course what Umbras are can only be really theorised upon for now, like so many things in the Warframe lore.

That is a good point, but then wouldn't that suggest that Rell should have had an Umbra version?

6 minutes ago, Urlan said:

That is a good point, but then wouldn't that suggest that Rell should have had an Umbra version?

True, than again, Rell didn't stay awake for the same reason. He stayed awake to stop the "Man in the wall".

Also, we don't actually know what "Umbra" means. It doesn't necessarily has to mean it's a different type of Warframe by it's design.

EDIT: Never mind that last part. My mind skipped, forgetting the reveal trailer.

Edited by Recel

2 minutes ago, BabyShanker said:

it will explode into a huge Akira like mutant cant wait

giphy.gif

Honestly, when the first signs of infestation came through that door I was hoping that our orbiter got infested, only Ordis doesn't recognise it for some reason and we would have a quest around that issue.

3 minutes ago, Recel said:

True, than again, Rell didn't stay awake for the same reason. He stayed awake to stop the "Man in the wall".

Also, we don't actually know what "Umbra" means. It doesn't necessarily has to mean it's a different type of Warframe by it's design.

We know that DE Steve said they are the dark shadow to the light of Primes and not much more its true. That said, Stalker is using one without the bling in his 2nd Dream cinematic and under his Sentient Bling as Shadow Stalker.

@BabyShanker Nice call to Tetsuo psychic unstable mutation! It would be a shame if such a fate could strike our Tenno if their power went out of the control of their physical forms.

4 minutes ago, Urlan said:

We know that DE Steve said they are the dark shadow to the light of Primes and not much more its true. That said, Stalker is using one without the bling in his 2nd Dream cinematic and under his Sentient Bling as Shadow Stalker.

@BabyShanker Nice call to Tetsuo psychic unstable mutation! It would be a shame if such a fate could strike our Tenno if their power went out of the control of their physical forms.

yes but u cant say tht it wouldn't be awesome!