Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

waiting too long?

ChaoticEdge

Yeah I absolutely agree with @FashionFrame, they never confirmed what date when PoE would release, they were hoping and aiming for Mid September. Things can get in the way, such as bugs, or various other things that can pop up. However, they never wanted to confirm a date since they learned what happened with The War Within update which was delayed and delayed countless times which the community was mad about. I'll rightfully admit, I'm an impatient person when it comes to video games and in real life, but when it comes to Warframe, you got to learn how to become patient since bigger updates can become delayed, which is also really interesting since Warframe has helped my impatience in real life which is actually quite nice. Honestly, I would rather have a bug less and polished update then DE rushing it which is broken and players complaining that the update is crap etc. Quality is better than quantity. 

https://www.google.rs/search?q=im+with+you+bro&client=ms-android-huawei&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjb85L5tcDWAhUCDJoKHSMtAhUQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=518#imgrc=56sja3JZmzssoM: So maybe we are going to have today update news for focus 0.2  and 2 see more what is going on with this improvement. Maybe we can have some news on the release date for POE... And I think that DE will give as update tomorrow or next day after that,and finish all in that time. Because they are smart and they know that this is the best way for playes to come back and playe and not wasting more time... There is prime time on the way and its good time for POE and + devstream whats the point to share with as same thing over and over again. Because of that I dont see the point delaying this POE update

Edited by Vlada91

4 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Yeah I absolutely agree with @FashionFrame, they never confirmed what date when PoE would release, they were hoping and aiming for Mid September. Things can get in the way, such as bugs, or various other things that can pop up. However, they never wanted to confirm a date since they learned what happened with The War Within update which was delayed and delayed countless times which the community was mad about. I'll rightfully admit, I'm an impatient person when it comes to video games and in real life, but when it comes to Warframe, you got to learn how to become patient since bigger updates can become delayed, which is also really interesting since Warframe has helped my impatience in real life which is actually quite nice. Honestly, I would rather have a bug less and polished update then DE rushing it which is broken and players complaining that the update is crap etc. Quality is better than quantity. 

Hear hear! While the wait is really exhausting at times, we know DE is doing their darnest to bring a finished project for us to enjoy! It'll be well worth it in the end! In the mean time, I just try playing other games, do other irl stuff, and pass the time until then! 

Just now, FashionFrame said:

Hear hear! While the wait is really exhausting at times, we know DE is doing their darnest to bring a finished project for us to enjoy! It'll be well worth it in the end! In the mean time, I just try playing other games, do other irl stuff, and pass the time until then! 

Exactly :3

Then that's just naive thinking to take it that literally. It was never set in stone, as I said before, never put on a hype site, trailer, ad, newspaper, or anything. They have been saying "This fall" and "2017." That's it. Sorry to burst the bubble, but that's not how release dates work, in just "hoping." it's when it is put out as advertisement is when it is publicly acknowledged. Oh, and that "summer release date" wasn't announced for TennoCon, that was from a 3rd party site called MMORPG.com, not from Digital Extremes 

i was told that by a friend who actually went to tennocon, but ok. 

its not naive of players to expect things, its naivety of de to think players wont expect things when they hint a date several times. if you dont want players to have expectation, dont give them any hints. im pretty sure de knows this. 

by that logic we might as well not watch devstreams at all since theyre "not advertisement" so anything they say even when they are clear about it dont have any worth of discussion or comparison or expectation cus its not advertisement.

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

i was told that by a friend who actually went to tennocon, but ok. 

its not naive of players to expect things, its naivety of de to think players wont expect things when they hint a date several times. if you dont want players to have expectation, dont give them any hints. im pretty sure de knows this. 

by that logic we might as well not watch devstreams at all since theyre "not advertisement" so anything they say even when they are clear about it dont have any worth of discussion or comparison or expectation cus its not advertisement.

They hinted 2017 and this fall. You can start throwing the "delayed" hammer this December at winter, I'm sure you're most excited for that. In the mean time, read what @xXDeadsinxX posted early, absorb that information below. 

12 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

They hinted 2017 and this fall. You can start throwing the "delayed" hammer this December at winter, I'm sure you're most excited for that. In the mean time, read what @xXDeadsinxX posted early, absorb that information below. 

so the hint of "we plan to have it by end of september" completely sjipped you then? or the fact that they stopped every kind of update/hotfix til poe hits? hint isnt same as confirmation fyi. 

and i'd stop bothering to paint me as some kind of anti-de hater who likes bashing on them for no reason. only whiteknights do that. dont be a whiteknight. or be, i dont really care.

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

so the hint of "we plan to have it by end of september" completely sjipped you then? or the fact that they stopped every kind of update/hotfix til poe hits? hint isnt same as confirmation fyi. 

and i'd stop bothering to paint me as some kind of anti-de hater who likes bashing on them for no reason. only whiteknights do that. dont be a whiteknight. or be, i dont really care.

Don't start labelling people on the Internet because they have conflicting views. DE posted this fall, this 2017 in their ads. End of story.

You just broke a decent conversation by throwing that WK bs at me, can't believe you're suddenly trying to make this into a full blown argument, that's childish.

Your genuine mistake just now, was reading my text with a negative emotion. Don't do that, it leads to false labelling, as you just did, in thinking I was attacking you. Done talking with you now. 

2 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Don't start labelling people on the Internet because they have conflicting views. DE posted this fall, this 2017 in their ads. End of story.

You just broke a decent conversation by throwing that WK bs at me, can't believe you're suddenly trying to make this into a full blown argument, that's childish.

Your genuine mistake just now, was reading my text with a negative emotion. Don't do that, it leads to false labelling, as you just did, in thinking I was attacking you. Done talking with you now. 

ive never labelled you tho, you did to me instead. "im sure you cant wait to call out on de for delaying" is very much implying i want to bash on de. i dont. what did i say? "dont try to paint me, only whiteknights do that". it was to point out the implication in your argument. but hey, whatever you say cap.

and theres you still trying to refuse the fact that they did indeed say they wanted to send out the update in late september. how the hell is that not a hint? are you really trying to argue that they did not give away ANY hints? and how can you actually blame players for having an expectation after such a hint? really dude? come on now. this is internet. if you give such hints, people WILL have expectations. and what happens when people dont have their expectations fulfilled? they will complain. it is simply stupid to think that they wont. and they have every right to do. you should've known better than cause false expectations. 

9 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

ive never labelled you tho, you did to me instead. "im sure you cant wait to call out on de for delaying" is very much implying i want to bash on de. i dont. what did i say? "dont try to paint me, only whiteknights do that". it was to point out the implication in your argument. but hey, whatever you say cap.

and theres you still trying to refuse the fact that they did indeed say they wanted to send out the update in late september. how the hell is that not a hint? are you really trying to argue that they did not give away ANY hints? and how can you actually blame players for having an expectation after such a hint? really dude? come on now. this is internet. if you give such hints, people WILL have expectations. and what happens when people dont have their expectations fulfilled? they will complain. it is simply stupid to think that they wont. and they have every right to do. you should've known better than cause false expectations. 

You are projecting hard right now. Also, expressing the desire to do something is not promising that it will happen. The people that interpreted "We want to release this mid-September" as "We are going to release this mid-September" are the ones at fault here. This is why most dev teams don't say S#&$ to their players until the day before release, people will misquote/misinterpret everything.

edit: a word.

Edited by Avenwing

Just now, Avenwing said:

You are projecting hard right now. Also, expressing the desire to do something is not promising that it will happen. The people that interpreted "We want to release this mid-September" as "We are going to release this mid-September" are the ones at fault here. This is why most dev teams don't say S#&$ to their fans until the day before release, people will misquote/misinterpret everything.

how am i projecting? im the one who got called out for being a de hater when all i did was state my opinion on the situation via actual hints de gave. i didnt deny those hints, nor im denying the reality of peoples mindset.

and thats exactly the thing here. if de actually gave away such hints like they did, it would mean it is actually very soon. and people know that as well. if de takes the risk of giving players expectations then its also their responsibility to deliver it. if they cant deliver what they had promised via hints, then its their fault. its simple as that. theyre not a small incompetent studio. they are very much competent in what they do. and theres no excuse not learning from the war within case for them. they should've known to not give out such massive hints if they couldnt deliver.

3 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

ive never labelled you tho

\/

13 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

and i'd stop bothering to paint me as some kind of anti-de hater who likes bashing on them for no reason. only whiteknights do that. dont be a whiteknight.

And you're over reading on everything I say because, why?: You're reading everything with negative emotion. I didn't say you were bashing DE, blame yourself for over reading my text. 

So you know what an adversiment is? DE advertises as Fall and 2017. September is them hoping it is out. 

Let's define hope. 

hope
hōp/
verb
gerund or present participle: hoping
  1. want something to happen or be the case.

Understand yet? Or is this still too difficult of a concept. DE doesn't advertise on just word, they learned from previous mistakes not to, the ads are ALL saying fall, ALL saying 2017. Not a verbal "Hoping for September." 

Don't lose sleep over this, even if it is difficult to realize, but you really don't understand that it was NEVER a set date. There was NEVER an ad saying summer, or September. It was an assumption. Not fact, they were guessing it to be out, but never gave it a solid date on anything, because why? Because they don't want it to be delayed, to make people upset. But clearly some people like to overread and overreact on the simplist things, despite it never being put on paper, never 100% confirmed it would be SEPTEMBER. No ads, no news, no NOTHING about it being 100% confirming that date. 
    do-you-know-what-i-am-saying.jpg

Tough love, don't hate yourself for it. 

And that is my final post, keep replying all you like, but you'll basically be yelling at a wall. 

Have a nice day. 
    30 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Done talking with you now. 

8 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

how am i projecting? im the one who got called out for being a de hater when all i did was state my opinion on the situation via actual hints de gave. i didnt deny those hints, nor im denying the reality of peoples mindset.

and thats exactly the thing here. if de actually gave away such hints like they did, it would mean it is actually very soon. and people know that as well. if de takes the risk of giving players expectations then its also their responsibility to deliver it. if they cant deliver what they had promised via hints, then its their fault. its simple as that. theyre not a small incompetent studio. they are very much competent in what they do. and theres no excuse not learning from the war within case for them. they should've known to not give out such massive hints if they couldnt deliver.

I read the entire chain, no one called you anything at any point, yet you started calling people white knights for disagreeing with you. That's called projecting.

Edit: DE isn't responsible for you not understanding the difference between a desire to have something out in a rough time frame and a concrete deadline.

Edited by Avenwing

[please read with a healthy helping of laughing at ourselves]

You know the ridiculous loaded with bugs S#&$e that is nowadays presented as "a finished game"? That is all thanks to the rigid mindset of dates that are set in stone.  
And for what? A cure for cancer? A fix for windows? The story to end all stories? Armageddon? The rapture?
No.
For a game. Entertainment. Frivolous activity to kill time while time is killing us... 
Seriously.. get a grip.

I'd rather have it take two more months and get it right then have it now and have the forums explode with bishing and moaning about bugs and glitches, because we all know what's going to happen then. Not a second of introspection where we'll realize that maybe we shouldn't have pushed so hard. nooooo... we're going to whine about how our game is broken because of the stupid update and why couldn't they deliver on a finished product... 

It used to be "hey we're making this game and it'll be finished when it's finished". And games were awesome experiences. But now it's as if we need these game and new content to survive, to give our lives meaning.. We pre-order digital copies of a game as if they are going to run out of bits and bytes. We explode into homicidal rage by the mere mentioning of a product being delayed..

Who cares when PoE comes guys. Lets care about it being a solid product that will wow us with it's capabilities and content. 

I wasn't gonna go here TBH, but three pages of this drivel about whether or not the update will come when is just sad.

If they DO push it out this month and it turns out buggy as hell, I'll be back in this thread and point&laugh at all those who got their panties in a twist... And I better not find you crying over the bugs in another thread..  Yes.. you know who you are.. don't deny it!!! If the update is broken it'll be on YOUR heads!!!

3 minutes ago, ComCray said:

[please read with a healthy helping of laughing at ourselves]

You know the ridiculous loaded with bugs S#&$e that is nowadays presented as "a finished game"? That is all thanks to the rigid mindset of dates that are set in stone.  
And for what? A cure for cancer? A fix for windows? The story to end all stories? Armageddon? The rapture?
No.
For a game. Entertainment. Frivolous activity to kill time while time is killing us... 
Seriously.. get a grip.

I'd rather have it take two more months and get it right then have it now and have the forums explode with bishing and moaning about bugs and glitches, because we all know what's going to happen then. Not a second of introspection where we'll realize that maybe we shouldn't have pushed so hard. nooooo... we're going to whine about how our game is broken because of the stupid update and why couldn't they deliver on a finished product... 

It used to be "hey we're making this game and it'll be finished when it's finished". And games were awesome experiences. But now it's as if we need these game and new content to survive, to give our lives meaning.. We pre-order digital copies of a game as if they are going to run out of bits and bytes. We explode into homicidal rage by the mere mentioning of a product being delayed..

Who cares when PoE comes guys. Lets care about it being a solid product that will wow us with it's capabilities and content. 

I wasn't gonna go here TBH, but three pages of this drivel about whether or not the update will come when is just sad.

If they DO push it out this month and it turns out buggy as hell, I'll be back in this thread and point&laugh at all those who got their panties in a twist... And I better not find you crying over the bugs in another thread..  Yes.. you know who you are.. don't deny it!!! If the update is broken it'll be on YOUR heads!!!

As much as I would like to start mining on the Plains of Eidolon, I completely agree.

57 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

You can start throwing the "delayed" hammer this December at winter, I'm sure you're most excited for that. 

yeah dude sure this is not any kind of implication that im just excited to bash on de cus they delayed. this is totally reads as nothing negative like that especially on text. 

and even saying HOPE is a HINT. not a CONFIRMATION. i know the language well enough to know that tyvm. how can you actually deny thats not a hint? 

@Avenwingi have never called anyone a whiteknight. i said thats what whiteknights do. it would be me saying "stop being a whiteknight" implying that person is indeed whiteknighting. what did i say? "dont be a whiteknight" implying what this person is indeed what a whiteknight would do in his/her place(aka differing him/her from a whiteknight)

and it was very much after that this quote came claiming im excited to bash on de for delaying. in no point i have even said such a thing. ive stated the hints and how de should've avoided those if they fail to deliver and got called as if im excited to bash. thats just stupid.

edit: @FashionFrame real mature dude. real mature. 

Edited by Zeclem

7 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

yeah dude sure this is not any kind of implication that im just excited to bash on de cus they delayed. this is totally reads as nothing negative like that especially on text. 

and even saying HOPE is a HINT. not a CONFIRMATION. i know the language well enough to know that tyvm. how can you actually deny thats not a hint? 

13 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

And that is my final post, keep replying all you like, but you'll basically be yelling at a wall. 

297.png

4 hours ago, Arniox said:

Who's birthday was it? I wasn't informed. 

it was rebbeca's birthday I think it was.

anyway, can't believed we are going extra miles for this, I thought its going be short thread, but...

latest?cb=20160301185328 anyway. I am going let it take longer dip.

Edited by ChaoticEdge