Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who has gotten by on the F2P model?

Spartan336

I went for as long as I could, but the need for slots appears eventually. I avoid using up platinum unles I get a Market Discount to ensure I can make the most of it. most of the stuff I use Plat on is Cosmetics, specifically Tennogen. I'm happy to fund a company that gives me £60 worth of gaming for free and treats it's consumers right, and happy to fund talented Tennogen artists.

5 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

I've gone a total of... 4 years? Jeez has it been 4 years...

*Ahem*

...4 years without buying plat and just grinding everything out, which might change here really soon since, let's be honest, DE deserves money.

I'm wondering if anyone else has done a pure F2P play through of Warframe, and if not, how long did you last until you payed some green? 

lols, no. I've spent quite a lot of money on this game. Idk, I just think its worth it.

16 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

I've gone a total of... 4 years? Jeez has it been 4 years...

*Ahem*

...4 years without buying plat and just grinding everything out, which might change here really soon since, let's be honest, DE deserves money.

I'm wondering if anyone else has done a pure F2P play through of Warframe, and if not, how long did you last until you payed some green? 

Same, not spent a penny on this game.

I played the game for 1-2 years and didn't spend anything.  Had all of the frames (at the time), most of the farm-able weapons leveled (not saved, I had my standbys), and a couple of palettes.  Bought plat and then almost immediately life interfered, so I didn't touch the game for about a year.  Life stabilized, and luckily got some 75% off coupons so put my play money into it.  Only time I regretted spending money on the game was that first investment, but that was only because I couldn't play with it, haha.

@(PS4)Cassidy82x , Your initial plat that you get, both for free and if you buy some, I'd strongly suggest buying slots.  Warframe, weapon, and companion slots are all things that will hold back progression, and you can't farm them like most things.

5 minutes ago, Leadpaintchips said:

I played the game for 1-2 years and didn't spend anything.  Had all of the frames (at the time), most of the farm-able weapons leveled (not saved, I had my standbys), and a couple of palettes.  Bought plat and then almost immediately life interfered, so I didn't touch the game for about a year.  Life stabilized, and luckily got some 75% off coupons so put my play money into it.  Only time I regretted spending money on the game was that first investment, but that was only because I couldn't play with it, haha.

@(PS4)Cassidy82x , Your initial plat that you get, both for free and if you buy some, I'd strongly suggest buying slots.  Warframe, weapon, and companion slots are all things that will hold back progression, and you can't farm them like most things.

Thanks for the advice much appreciated =) to unlock slots do i go to arsenal and buy slots on each tab like warframe tab then weapon tab?

I am spent roughly 2500-2800 dollar on warframe and not regret it. Hopefully the devs can develop the game on a way where the majority could enjoy the game. Hopefully this will live long enough I don't want to lose my progress and the fun what the game provides. Hope once the game ended the devs will let us to make our private servers and keep the game partially alive.

I've been here since closed beta and bought like 350 plat like 4 years ago before trading was in the game. I swore I would never buy any until I got a 75% discount and it wasn't until about 6 months ago I actually got one, so when it finally came up I said nope, by then I didn't need it as I had made my nest egg off the market over the years while waiting for that 75% coupon. I did buy 1k a little while ago for no reason beside getting another 75% and being drunk.

Edited by Ghogiel