Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

braton prime ammo increase and crit increase

Zedasfogueiras

since plains of eidolon is about to launch, I want to spend my time killing stuff with my favorite weapon, the braton prime! but this weapon has problems with ammo economy since it has such a short ammo reserve. I think the braton would fit in a great spot has an extremelly efficient all-rounder, since pretty much other assault rifles have better killing times and better ammo economy, this way I consider the braton to be sitting in a wierd spot right now.

I would solve this by buffing its ammo reserve or give it a passive where it would get 2 times more ammo from drops. 

Increasing its crit chance to 15 would be also something to consider, since it can help with the kill time, making the gun a little bit better but not the crazy "new thing, rip zenith, rip soma prime,..."

Edited by ninjadeboxers

I guess the 375 was a very early balance pass that has not been reviewed to at least match the ~520/540 of the average Assault Rifle.

As for buffing capability, I wonder if instead bumping Status Chance could be a decent alternative to Crits?

The thing is we already have the zenith with 30% status chance and it is slash focused, I would like the braton to be different and 15% crit is just barelly enough for a crit build so it would mean a more personal way of building the braton than a straight satus or crit build, but I wouldnt mind a 25 status chance thrown in the mix xD

Edited by ninjadeboxers

Ya, it doesn't make sense that Braton Prime has such a low ammo reserve when the Soma Prime (arguably a better automatic rifle) has over twice the maximum ammo capacity whereas the difference in fire rates is only a little over 5 rounds/second. Giving another comparison, the Sybaris Prime (probably one of the power creepiest rifles in the game) gets the standard ammo cap of 540 despite its overall way better stats. 

As for buffing, the Braton Prime is a pretty good all-around rifle as it stands considering it is one of the easiest prime weapons to obtain. That said, I wouldn't turn down a buff if DE chose to do so. I personally think that if DE brought up it's ammo reserves to the standard amount, it'd already be good enough to be considered a more ammo efficient, status inflicting alternative to guns like the Soma Prime. 

1 hour ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

I guess the 375 was a very early balance pass that has not been reviewed to at least match the ~520/540 of the average Assault Rifle.

As for buffing capability, I wonder if instead bumping Status Chance could be a decent alternative to Crits?

The thing is we already have the zenith with 30% status chance and it is slash focused, I would like the braton to be different and 15% crit is just barelly enough for a crit build so it would mean a more personal way of building the braton than a straight satus or crit build, but I wouldnt mind a 25 status chance thrown in the mix xD

1 hour ago, ninjadeboxers said:

since plains of eidolon is about to launch, I want to spend my time killing stuff with my favorite weapon, the braton prime! but this weapon has problems with ammo economy since it has such a short ammo reserve. I think the braton would fit in a great spot has an extremelly efficient all-rounder, since pretty much other assault rifles have better killing times and better ammo economy, this way I consider the braton to be sitting in a wierd spot right now.

I would solve this by buffing its ammo reserve or give it a passive where it would get 2 times more ammo from drops. 

Increasing its crit chance to 15 would be also something to consider, since it can help with the kill time, making the gun a little bit better but not the crazy "new thing, rip zenith, rip soma prime,..."

I wanted this gun's ammo count buffed like 2 years ago to no avail, had a forum post just like this, hopefully the devs will finally buff it this time, the gun has had its low ammo count for far far too long. The ammo count was overnerfed due to developer fear that the gun would be overpowered at the time, looks like that "fear" is long gone now with all constant power creep weapons they release these days. There are many weapons far far more powerful with higher ammo counts, yet the braton still sits in its pitiful state, even though the gun has so much potential. All it needs is its max ammo count bumped up and it would be so much better, a great all rounder like the Braton series is supposed to be, it doesn't need a buff to its other stats at all, though I wouldn't mind a slight improvement in its stats.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Ammo reserve is irrelevant.

You are either gathering more ammo than you are using, and will be fine, or you are not and will run out.

The only, tiniest difference a reserve makes is in cases of sharply limited reserves (like 'special' secondaries) where it limits the impact of a short-term run of bad luck on the ammo drop itself.

TBH, I'd say there's other Assault Rifles that need more help (e.g. Karak Wraith, Dera Vandal, Prisma Tetra).

But sure, Braton is as iconically linked to Warframe in my mind as Excalibur is
[me choosing those - along with Kunai & Skana because go ninja go - might have me biased there, dunno]
so I'm all for the shiniest version of this "mascot" weapon to shine a bit brighter in combat :D

Edited by NinjaZeku

13 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Carrier with Ammo Case.

You're welcome.

If you want a crit based gun, then a Grakata or Soma variant will suffice. Note that the BratonP has a much, much higher base damage than these two.

Carrier isnt enough on the long run and I dont want the braton to  be crit based but an all rounder and if we follow that logic, if you want a status based gun you should wait for the zenith...I just think that the braton should be more in the middle in both status and crit

1 hour ago, ninjadeboxers said:

Carrier isnt enough on the long run and I dont want the braton to  be crit based but an all rounder and if we follow that logic, if you want a status based gun you should wait for the zenith...I just think that the braton should be more in the middle in both status and crit

It is, at least as far as the BratonP is capable of going, which is quite a ways. ALL autotrigger guns eventually run out of steam if you can't strip armor completely; the BratonP actually fairs better than most because of its organic high slash damage.

Also, it is an all-rounder. The BratonP is the quintessential elemental/status gun. High base damage, high status rate, and moderate crit.

The gun that occupies the best compromise between status and crit is the Prisma Grakata. The problem is you can only really build for one, since you only have so many mod spots. So...you build for crit and settle for around 50% status, which is adequate, especially with RoF mods, though you only have room for one. Maybe. Also, the gun is more difficult to use well, but it is a more powerful gun if you can cope with it.

22 hours ago, ninjadeboxers said:

since plains of eidolon is about to launch, I want to spend my time killing stuff with my favorite weapon, the braton prime! but this weapon has problems with ammo economy since it has such a short ammo reserve. I think the braton would fit in a great spot has an extremelly efficient all-rounder, since pretty much other assault rifles have better killing times and better ammo economy

Carrier ammo mutation mod solve the ammo economy problem for weapons with the most poor ammo economy (supra, amprex, glaxion, ...) if you can kill the enemy easy enough. Seriously ... braton prime can't even compare to those ammo eater guns.

If any gun ever need to have capacity increase, it would be Secura Dual Cestra, that poor gun have 100 mag while capacity is ... 210 ammo (for comparison, Akstilleto prime have 40 mag/400 capacity and yet, dual cestra fire rate is nearly x2 akstileto prime) 

Edited by FireSegment

31 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

Carrier ammo mutation mod solve the ammo economy problem for weapons with the most poor ammo economy (supra, amprex, glaxion, ...) if you can kill the enemy easy enough. Seriously ... braton prime can't even compare to those ammo eater guns.

If any gun ever need to have capacity increase, it would be Secura Dual Cestra, that poor gun have 100 mag while capacity is ... 210 ammo (for comparison, Akstilleto prime have 40 mag/400 capacity and yet, dual cestra fire rate is nearly x2 akstileto prime) 

carrier is allways a solution, but in my eyes that doesnt change the fact that weapons like the soma, have more ammo, usually better kill time and a better ammo economy and an ammo increase wouldnt hurt anyone or make the weapon overpowered even the crit increase wouldnt but that I wouldnt consider a priority  

There's nothing wrong with it now as far as I know. Just carry a good secondary and you'll be fine. I actually like the fact that it has less ammo than the regular Braton. More weapons should have followed that example in the past. But I guess powercreep rules all, so I wouldn't complain about a buff. 

4 hours ago, ninjadeboxers said:

but in my eyes that doesnt change the fact that weapons like the soma, have more ammo, usually better kill time

make no mistake m friend, Soma p and stuff like that are better because they are newer, and supposed to be stronger (by the power creep law ....).

Ammo efficiency in this case don't really contribute to it obsolete however, because at any moment, the ammo that u are not using right then aren't what change their "kill time" (for example, 540 ammo of Penta aren't killing any faster than Lenz with 6 ammo/arrow).

It's a problem of sustainability. if u can depleted the first magazine and get back enough a magazine worth of ammo while firing the 2nd one, then technically u will never run out of ammo regardless of the how much capacity u have. If you need to spend more than 1/2 mag just tor 1 kill or so, u know that u gun already obsolete in that situation.

And yes, it may not hurt anyone, but it also don't really help on anything either. u know where the "buff my fav weapon pls" kind of request usually went to.