Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

44 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

That has nothing to do with what you said...

All convergence does is boost the gain. Caps? Syndicate Rep have caps, remember Viver gate. We have Caps so ppl dont go and farm everything at once.

Those have nothing to do with "Focus is not shared like affinity".

Syndicates are not like normal affinity either, and you have syndicate missions on top of that.

Syndicates also have things that are worth more of my time, Focus 2.0 is expecting us to farm millions of points to even use shared nodes or make the operator at all survivable.

And what do you mean nothing to do with not being shared like normal affinity? I am not restricted to leveling a certain amount of weapons a day. You also don't get any boost in focus points from someone else picking up a convergence orb, and even if you pick one up yourself, its not going to do you much good if you are not personally killing before the timer runs out. I've routinely picked up convergence and gotten zero points focus from it due to a Banshee and Saryn killing the enemies before I could, and these were small maps. So unless my games have apparently been bugged through those recent farms, this is what we have.

I  also don't get any gains from their lens either.

10 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Um, yeah, convergence is just a multiplier. It works on passive/shared affinity gains, too. Focus point gains are directly tied to affinity. When you gain affinity for a max rank weapon or frame that has a lens, it's converted into focus points. That is the entire and only way to gain focus points. They're not just "like" regular affinity points. They are affinity, as applied to lens-upgraded equipment.

Focus was always connected to affinity, it just was not shared even on debut. There were plenty of threads about this problem.

16 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Syndicates are not like normal affinity either, and you have syndicate missions on top of that.

Syndicates also have things that are worth more of my time, Focus 2.0 is expecting us to farm millions of points to even use shared nodes or make the operator at all

Just so we are clear on that: YOUR time. That is subjective and has nothing to do with what we were discussing.

18 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

And what do you mean nothing to do with not being shared like normal affinity? I am not restricted to leveling a certain amount of weapons a day.

No, you were the one saying it was not shared like normal affinity,

2 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

Yes, people are so selfish, farming Focus points, which favor killing and are not shared amongst the team like regular affinity points. Let's encourage that DE create more self fulfilling prophecy dilemmas to criticize players over.

get your facts straight.

20 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

You also don't get any boost in focus points from someone else picking up a convergence orb, and even if you pick one up yourself, its not going to do you much good if you are not personally killing before the timer runs out. I've routinely picked up convergence and gotten zero points focus from it due to a Banshee and Saryn killing the enemies before I could, and these were small maps. So unless my games have apparently been bugged through those recent farms, this is what we have.

Of course you dont... it has been like this since it was implemented, just move to grab it.

And again, a lot of Focus farmers go to Hydron and cheer when a Saryn using Spores or a Quakeshee is in game because they are getting shared affinity.

I believe you have no idea how the conversion from affinity to Focus points works. If you are using only 1 weapon with a lens and has a full loadout, only 25% of the affinity goes to it, and even less goes to Focus. That is why people who farm are either: using the lens on the Warframe andusing only 1 weapon with a Lens, or have a lens in every single item they bring so all shared affinity goes to them.

If you are using a lens on a weapon only and activades and stays in a Channeling ability like Exalted Blade, Hysteria, Razorwing, all shared affinity goes to the Warframe.

26 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

I  also don't get any gains from their lens either.

... of course you dont, their lens is equipped on THEIR equipment.

16 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

only 25% of the affinity goes to it, and even less goes to Focus.

6 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

.. of course you dont, theirens is equipped on THEIR equipment.

So not like normal affinity then.

16 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And again, a lot of Focus farmers go to Hydron and cheer when a Saryn using Spores or a Quakeshee is in game because they are getting shared affinity.

Are people playing a different game or something, because i have looked at guides and I go to the same Hydron node with lensed frame and get no focus convergence points from that. So either focus convergence is actually a hindrance, or something is bugged in my games. I've also been rather taken aback by people saying Shadowstep is too OP, as I can never even get it to proc and I have maxed Shadowstep and deadly intent. I always thought it was useless or must have required an arcane set.

3 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

So not like normal affinity then.

Are people playing a different game or something, because I go to the same map with lensed frame and get no focus convergence points from that. So either focus convergence is actually a hindrance, or something is bugged in my games. I've also been rather taken a back by people saying Shadowstep is too OP, as I can never even get it to proc and I have maxed Shadow lstep and dealy intent. I always thought it was useless or must have required an arcane.

Ok, so, let's be super clear about this: If that is how your game has been performing then yes, it is bugged.

Shadow Step works.

Shared Affinity being converted into Focus works.

That is how it is for the vast, vast, vast, vast majority of players. I am not joking. If you want, I'll come online and we'll go do a mission and I'll show you several straight minutes of invisibility as Ember using Shadow Step, and in the mission report screen I'll show you my sidearm picking up Focus points from your kills.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Ok, so, let's be super clear about this: If that is how your game has been performing then yes, it is bugged.

Shadow Step works.

Shared Affinity being converted into Focus works.

That is how it is for the vast, vast, vast, vast majority of players. I am not joking. If you want, I'll come online and we'll go do a mission and I'll show you several straight minutes of invisibility as Ember using Shadow Step, and in the mission report screen I'll show you my sidearm picking up Focus points from your kills.

That's fine, I am at work right now however. How does one even get shadow step to proc, have used near every high crit melee weapon and build I have, and nothing, for as long as I have had it, tried pressing 5 before and everything.

Just now, UrielColtan said:

That's fine, I am at work right now however. How does one even get shadow step to proc, have used near every high crit melee weapon and build I have, and nothing, for as long as I have had it, tried pressing 5 before and everything.

Allow me to channel tech support for a moment: "Have you tried switching it off and then on again?"

Or, in other words, is the node actually powered 'On' in your Focus screen? You know on the white parchmenty background Focus tree screen, is the Shadow Step node coloured red and lit up and linked to the central node by a red line?

Just make channeling consume X amount of energy per second, like the channeled warframe powers, ta dah! Or something funny like making enemies killed that way have an outstanding chance of dropping energy orbs, so that way people will consider bringing a channeling build to support the team with energy, rather than relying solely on EV trinity...

31 minutes ago, El_Chino said:

Just make channeling consume X amount of energy per second, like the channeled warframe powers, ta dah! Or something funny like making enemies killed that way have an outstanding chance of dropping energy orbs, so that way people will consider bringing a channeling build to support the team with energy, rather than relying solely on EV trinity...

Considering the recent Naramon changes... I can actually see this working.

Channeling consumes energy when its active instead of per hit... but that would be good to have in general instead of just a school. But its a nice idea.

17 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

@UrielColtan

Hmmm. Not just levelled, but switched on?

Like this:

p2GCcRg.jpg

In that image, I have Deadly Intent active, but Shadow Step inactive, even though both are fully levelled.

Both are red, I never turned any off, kind of defeats the purpose, I would otherwise switch the school I have for activation if I don't want to use it. Since there is little reason else.

Has anyone entertained the thought that maybe @UrielColtan is trolling?(or is just an idiot) I have seen no cases of bugs as "serious" as what he claims to have had. He is clearly an active member in the forums and seems to have a verbose vocabulary. Despite that, he is practically disagreeing with every comment thrown at him regardless of content.

I'm concerned about the fact that only Naramon will get what should by all means be a mechanic shared by all Melee Weapons.

And yes, I'm aware of the irony of a Zenurik player saying that when Energy regen should arguably* also be a general passive/feature/mechanic.

*definitely.

I dunno what to think.

I've always liked the game for being able to play fancy space-ninja, performing awesome physically impossible melee combos and shooting with futuristic energy weapons while sliding mid-air, that kind of stuff, you know. Old focus was useful for exactly that purpose. Babysitting psychic kid with motion impairment ain't that.

Plains of Eidolon smells like success if terms of new open map, new frame, new weapons, and most importantly new questline (quest stories are better with every time you add one), but forgive me for not being excited in utilizing Operator mode. Is it still WarFrame?

6 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Then I honestly do not know what the issue is other than an actual bug. I assure you, Shadow Step works, and so does Focus gain from shared Affinity.

After I got home and the annoying Windows 10 kept bugging me about downloading updates, I got the idea to do a fresh reinstall of Warframe, just in case some outside factor or weird API configuration was interfering with my ingame hub and visual interface or sometthing similar.  After doing this, I went into a mission and attempted shadow step again, and finally got it to proc for the first time ever. And I must say, yes its indeed OP.  I also went on a another focus farm run and decided to not kill anything during the first wave, and apparenltly I got more focus than I did when I was trying to kill things before, so I'll take that "L" about shared Focus affinity. I'd prefer improvements to Focus be made but they can't be if someone like me is apparently spreading incorrect info while asking for it, so I apologize for that.  

15 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

Unariu needs moar help.
20% armor is horrible, at least change it to 300 armor or something.

So even non tank frames can use it, if you want to.

It has to either be flat Armor or Damage Redution.

I vote for Damage Reduction.

1 hour ago, fatpig84 said:

Unariu needs moar help.
20% armor is horrible, at least change it to 300 armor or something.

So even non tank frames can use it, if you want to.

It's Stacks with other mods a user has put on. As in 400 plus the steel fiber at 100% gets 800 and then apparently it applies

Archived