Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a chat about people who purchase tennogen items?

SalmonDaFish

Ok so ive encountered quite alot of people that have purchased literally all the tenno gen they can get their hands on, and every single time (without fail) another person will say something like "oh hey thats some cool fashion" and then the other guy will say something like "oh yeah this its tennogen, you *NEED* to get some it supports the devs" which is entirely not true, because im pretty sure some of the money goes to steam, some to DE and the majority goes to the actual creator of the skin. then the other F2P player will say "oh i dont have the money to do that" and then the other guy will either be understanding like a sensible and respectful human being or they will say "how dare you not buy S#&$ that looks good do you even like this game?!?!? the devs need this money to make the game you know and love". i dont care how rich you are or how much time you have, it is NEVER acceptable to insult someone for making a rational decision with their money by not spending it on cosmetics in a video game. I have purchased exactly 2 tennogen syandanas  specifically because i thought they looked good on everything so i could put an arcane energizie set on one. I had the spare money so i thought i would do it. I didnt do it because i thought "oh i need to do this to keep this game alive! without my purchase of *6.99* this game will die OH NOOOO" no thats complete bullS#&$. 

ok im done ;-;

Just put them on ignore and enjoy the game.

It is obnoxious and rude of them to say such things, but ultimately, their opinions are meaningless.  I'm lucky to have a job that allows enough "extra" funds to get TennoGen items, and I'm aware that others aren't, or simply don't want those items, and that in no way effects my opinion of other people.

And you are correct, TennoGen doesn't really "support" Warframe.  IIRC, most of their income is generated via microtransactions (slots, potatoes, etc.) and Prime Access.

Edited by MagPrime

The majority of the sale price does not go to the creator of the Tennogen item. They get 30% of the cash sales, according to the FAQ. I assume that means they don't get anything from sales on consoles, since Tennogen items are purchased with platinum on them and the FAQ also stipulates that you get a percentage of cash, not platinum.

I don't run Warframe through steam.  I would've liked if DE would put out some tenno gen stuff in Market. Via bought from the DE main web with money or Plat(discount reward should not effect).  I would've spend some on the game but since I don't use steam I guess DE, loses some business there.

29 minutes ago, Emolition said:

Problem with tennogen is that it locked behind steam and i refuse to add a good game like warframe onto steam =)

There are work arounds to this but I feel ya.  TennoGen is the only reason I bothered with Steam in the first place and I only use it when there's a new skin I want.

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

There are work arounds to this but I feel ya.  TennoGen is the only reason I bothered with Steam in the first place and I only use it when there's a new skin I want.

40 minutes ago, Emolition said:

Problem with tennogen is that it locked behind steam and i refuse to add a good game like warframe onto steam =)

Why the hate on steam exactly?

1 hour ago, Syvarin said:

The majority of the sale price does not go to the creator of the Tennogen item. They get 30% of the cash sales, according to the FAQ. I assume that means they don't get anything from sales on consoles, since Tennogen items are purchased with platinum on them and the FAQ also stipulates that you get a percentage of cash, not platinum.

DE pays the creators in advance for sales on consoles since there is apparently no way to calculate individual sales there.

Just now, JSharpie said:

Personally, it doesn't play well with my PC.  I spent my first year dealing with constant crashing and lag whenever I used it.  Recently though, it's gotten better. 

I think it's mainly that I don't play enough games to really maximize Steams potential and it's more a minor hindrance, waiting for Steam to update and then waiting for Warframe to update.

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

Mostly for having to have a 3rd program running to play a game sound kinda stupid to me as the friendlist is allready in game so dont need the friend list out of game to. But the Biggest problem was when I played a warhammer game many years ago where you did  survival battle or something had to beat 20 waves. Each time me and my brother played steam would kick the game down when you close to wave 20 saying steam maintance  and this can happend 5+ in 1 day. So it was a gamble if you was gonna make a long run or not as it could kick you every 5 or 10min  saying steam maintance.   So that put a really bad taste in my mouth for having a 3rd program deciding if you allowed to play.  Being lock to steam with warframe and if i lose connection or some crap to steam i might not be able to play warframe.

Never heard of people who think bad of you for not buying cosmetics in a video game....

On the bright side, if someone mentions my syandana.  I reply with "Repala is love, Repala is life."  Which has lead to somehow convincing a clan mate to buy it himself.

And in the other corner we have:

"I never tend to take part in forums but this is a question I have for the community? There are some members of this community who have this elitist view that if you buy in game content  from warframe with real money and the stuff from tenno gen that you are some how committing some type of crime."

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/837606-what-is-wrong-with-buying-in-game-items-and-stuff-from-tenno-gen/

Don't forget that people are judgmental. You buy tennogen you are a moron! You don't buy tennogen you have no heart and you don't support the devs. :)))

Edited by DualParadox