Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Talk about Gara

ChaoticEdge

I thought they were joking and making into a skin when I first saw it as picture and long way half of it I guess it seem desent to have fun, but the mirror sort of remind me of mag still mix with frost.  Which I am ok with it, nothing to complain about it.

So anyone want put prime and forma on it?

Just now, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

To be honest I liked the first version of her first ability better. The impalement idea appealed to me. Not to say this one isn't cool, it is.

The problem was that it locked you in place. This seems to be much better, as it doesn't leave you vulnerable.

I'll have to play with this frame by myself you have any worthy opinion on her.

Looks like a powerful frame, the only thing is that her 4th ability acts very similar to Snow Globe, which meens other players will have to change possitions when this ability activates. I personally have no problem with it, but someone else might.

12 minutes ago, FrostedMike said:

Looks like a powerful frame, the only thing is that her 4th ability acts very similar to Snow Globe, which meens other players will have to change possitions when this ability activates. I personally have no problem with it, but someone else might.

I do have a great problem with it, since I am a gunner player. It is bound to get in the way of my long range fire.

18 minutes ago, FrostedMike said:

It seems to be a wall and not a globe itself. This issue can easily be solved by getting to a higher platform.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)legendaryplay920 said:

It seems to be a wall and not a globe itself. This issue can easily be solved by getting to a higher platform.

As I said, I don't have a problem with it as I move a lot anyway, but I played with players who does have a problem with those kind of things (Snow Globe blocks your fire). It depends a lot on where you put it.

Mass Vitrify is what Atlas' petrify should have been.  Seriously, look at how utterly better it is compared to Atlas' ability.  Instant cast, no channeling, 360 degree radius not just in a frontal cone.  Blocks enemy fire in a complete (quite large from the looks of it) circle.

Poor atlas.

Also, I found this

which is kinda neat they made a glass frame so quickly after this.

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Which is how, exactly?

if you took the pronunciation from Garasu, it'd be more along the lines of Gah-rah, it just feels really weird that they took the Japanese pronunciation of an English word, cut it, then changed the pronunciation

5 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

if you took the pronunciation from Garasu, it'd be more along the lines of Gah-rah, it just feels really weird that they took the Japanese pronunciation of an English word, cut it, then changed the pronunciation

The problem is, in English (as with virtually all languages that have various accents and dialects), there is no single proper way to pronounce a word. Some people will pronounce it Gah-rah. Others will say Gair-uh. Still other will pronounce it Gay-ruh. That's language for you.

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

The problem is, in English (as with virtually all languages that have various accents and dialects), there is no single proper way to pronounce a word. Some people will pronounce it Gah-rah. Others will say Gair-uh. Still other will pronounce it Gay-ruh. That's language for you.

the reason it bothers me is cus it completely disregards the fact that they derived it from the japanese pronunciation of the word glass, if you're going to take it from a word in another language (even as a loanword, as it is in this case) it should sound the same, or at least as close as your own language allows. the way they pronounce it doesnt lead anyone to even remotely think it has anything to do with Garasu, much less glass

23 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

the reason it bothers me is cus it completely disregards the fact that they derived it from the japanese pronunciation of the word glass, if you're going to take it from a word in another language (even as a loanword, as it is in this case) it should sound the same, or at least as close as your own language allows. the way they pronounce it doesnt lead anyone to even remotely think it has anything to do with Garasu, much less glass

What do you want DE to do here, short them sending agents to everyone's house and beating people up if they pronounce it "wrong" even though they merely used "Garasu" as an inspiration for their final choice "Gara" which they pronounce however they want, since it is not the word for glass, it's just the name of the frame now.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

What do you want DE to do here, short them sending agents to everyone's house and beating people up if they pronounce it "wrong" even though they merely used "Garasu" as an inspiration for their final choice "Gara" which they pronounce however they want, since it is not the word for glass, it's just the name of the frame now.

woah, its not that serious of an issue. i did orignally say that it was a personal issue, I'll live with it, just saying that it feels off to me. of course, im not too fond of the name Gara for her in the first place, just doesnt seem to fit