Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do people actually like the Operator?

N2-Power

I'll admit that since focus 2.0, I actually enjoy using operator more than ever, especially when I know there's someone in the group who is doing all the work, I like to play around with operator, it's fun.

Not to mention, I quite enjoy using operator against teralyst.

Edited by saltygr33n

7 minutes ago, saltygr33n said:

I'll admit that since focus 2.0, I actually enjoy using operator more than ever, especially when I know there's someone in the group who is doing all the work, I like to play around with operator, it's fun.

Not to mention, I quite enjoy using operator against teralyst.

Ah yes, cuz of players like you this game lose it's climat. So when players like you will force name change from "WARFRAME" to "TENNO EMMO KIDDO WARRIOR"?

Nope i rather play my warframe than using my operator (sadly i have to use the operator thanks to the pesky mini sentients constantly harrassing you).

but i understand there is people who like it aswell. As long as im mot forced to use the operator i dont really mind it.

35 minutes ago, makaloff95 said:

Nope i rather play my warframe than using my operator (sadly i have to use the operator thanks to the pesky mini sentients constantly harrassing you).

but i understand there is people who like it aswell. As long as im mot forced to use the operator i dont really mind it.

Well i feel forced. And take a closer look now. In my case, PoE did not bring anything to me. Well truly PoE just took away my focus nodes. Is that fine?

56 minutes ago, Dziki94 said:

I'm trying to say that players like you will kill this game. No problem. lol

How is that? People like you who can't enjoy playing operator because they're kids? Your ego regarding emokids controlling warframes hurt your pride? You sound like all the people who are saying they don't like operator because they're kids. Maybe if you can get over that and enjoy the mechanics operator offers, you might think differently.

I like them because they're immune (in void mode) to the poison gas in that one operative defense Grineer tile that occasionally pops up. So when the idiot defense target inevitably wanders into the gas chamber and sits inside it for ten minutes you can just have someone sit on them with their operator to safely revive instead of everyone standing around panic-spamming health packs and hoping he leaves.

10 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

I like them because they're immune (in void mode) to the poison gas in that one operative defense Grineer tile that occasionally pops up. So when the idiot defense target inevitably wanders into the gas chamber and sits inside it for ten minutes you can just have someone sit on them with their operator to safely revive instead of everyone standing around panic-spamming health packs and hoping he leaves.

Interesting. I didn't know that! Thanks. 

Originally, I wasn't too hot on them. I did find them a little clunky, but when I discovered Focus 2.0 existed primarily to increase Operator potency, I started thinking "Well maybe I gotta get a better idea about what they do now and how I can start implementing them into normal gameplay" and started testing.

Then came greater appreciation for what they offered. Examples being: Increased jump distance, the ability to punt enemies 50 metres away by dashing into their feet, the ability to kill nullifier bubbles nigh instantly despite running melee only or weapons like shotguns, bows, or anything that fired slow in general because void beam only had to hit fast, not hard... I found myself abusing their three seconds of invulnerability to do a lot of things whereas I never touched them prior. They weren't damage dealers but after a while they greatly expanded what I could do, like moving Assimilate Nyx around without decasting the ability, or Ivara's Prowl without chunking her energy. I started to appreciate them.

I suppose it helped that I turned their transmissions off entirely.

Anyhow, Focus 2.0 drops and I end up being floored with how much better they are. Railguns, grenades, shotgun blasts, a ghost buster beam, various new functions like the ability to cloak and give 80% damage reduction to all allies within 25m, to offer teammates energy without having to invest ludicrous amounts of plat into Arcane Energize, this and that and there and then and it's just bloody lovely. I found a new appreciation for them just in time to be able to fully take in how much better they've become.

Some folks found rather niche uses for some nodes. I for example only just figured out that the old Energy Strike node in Zenurik could feed energy to other players who were channeling a little too late. I know some folks figured out that Traumatic Redirection in Naramon could be used to essentially turn Arcane Grace and Arcane Avenger on permanently if you gave up your melee weapon entirely, which could be combined with the Adarza Kavat to give +30% additive crit chance to literally any non-melee weapon ever, and occasionally up to 90% crit chance if Adarza buffed you, or you could just run 20 Arcane Graces on Inaros and become literally unkillable. (Look up God's Grace Inaros on youtube.) Most folks were only aware of Energy Overflow and, to a lesser extent, Shadow Step. To be honest, while I appreciated them, I found them too passive, too cheesy almost. They took challenge away due to how ubiquitous they were, is how I felt about them.

I agree that the new system and new content kind of forces your hand into using them, but I think that's for the best. A lot of people have built up feelings around the operators and would have resisted using them otherwise - incentivizing their usage encourages people to figure them out, to see what they can offer. It's important to note that Operators before were a lot like Warframes used to be circa Update 4, and now the're more like Warframes circa Update 14. A lot better polished, a lot smoother, with way more benefits. I mean, come on, getting out leaves your warframe either invincible or with ludicrously high damage reduction, and with the right perks can help you to survive or make up for areas in which your Warframe is lacking, and you're never going to figure out what they can do to help you gameplay-wise if you're just entrenched in a bubble of disliking them so much that you just refuse to use them.

Example: You're low on health and low on energy. You're not a channeling warframe, you have no weapon mods or abilities that help you to recover health... but you've got Zenurik. Pop out, and your Operator perk that regenerates health activates, then you dash down a bubble to give yourself 30 seconds of 5 energy regen per second, dash up to a more advantageous position and summon your Warframe to you. You're on the fast track to fully recovering.

Example: You're using Oberon to heal the Eidolon Lures as you hunt the Eidolon, but your party consists of Chroma, Volt, and Octavia - none of which are able to reduce damage taken on Eidolon Lures. Chroma just shot the Teralyst's kneecap off, and the energy waves are about to blow. The Eidolon Lures are kind of squishy. You put down your Hallowed Ground to spare your team from the Magnetic procs, but it's going to do too much damage and you're all going to use up your Phoenix Renewal lives and it's probably gonna kill the Eidolon Lures. But it's alright - you've got Unairu. You pop out, and you SQUAT LIKE THE TRUE SLAV THAT YOU ARE AND STAY CHEEKI BREEKI. The sheer magnificence of your squat alone makes your teammates and the lures 80% harder to kill, and your 'frame soaks up that energy wave damage thanks to 90% damage reduction with your Rage to top up your energy pool for all the healing it's gonna do. Time to railgun the little Ayys so the Lures can actually heal.

Example: You're Volt. You're going too fast to care about anything. Suddenly, a Sapper Osprey nukes one of your teammates. Normally you'd just use your 4 to stun everything while you revive him, but there's like 3 nullifiers grouped up on some bursas. You'll not do anything to them and will just be a sitting duck while they detron and mortar you to death. Pop out, leave Volt invulnerable while you CHEEKI BREEKI SQUAT over your teammate, reviving them while both invisible and invulnerable at the same time.

Point is, while it feels like they killed some more passive uses for the Focus system, the Operators as they are now feel like they have a lot more active uses in a wider array of situations, particularly with regards to last second comebacks. I appreciate this, a lot. And who knows, they may yet improve further with time and more content. I have little doubt that the Venus Open Map will have more to give.

On 10/27/2017 at 4:59 PM, AlphaPHENIX said:
On 10/27/2017 at 4:27 PM, Meneliki said:

(just because im not perma-invis or have unlimited energy doesn't mean vaz is crap)

You just lost...those weren't even in Vazarin...and now they are gone too.

I.. er... wait........ what? lmfao

Ok I stopped reading your 'quote-everything-i-said-flame-post' right there.

Quote the part of my post where I said that Vazarin had perma-invis and unlimited energy.

No really.

Find the part of my post where I said that Vazarin has perma-invis and/or unlimited energy.

Do it now. I'll wait.

On 10/27/2017 at 4:17 PM, SnuggleBuckets said:

*Shudders*
Well, that sure is creepy to read. Just replace tenno with child soldier, indoctrinated by a warlord in Africa for their horrendous religious cause, and you too should be able to see how it shouldn't be desirable to anyone to connect and sympathise with such a mentality.
Don't get me wrong, you could view the tenno as victims, indeed I read your comment as a clinical description on what these poor children have been forced to become, but this is a videogame, and hardly on the same writing/direction level as a game like Spec Ops: The Line, Warframe is mainly sold as a fun awesome space action hack and slash. How, with this perspective, should we now "enjoy" our little escapist powerfantasy and keep fuelling the nightmare of our poor brainwashed victims in the game? Kind of a huge marketing disaster for a free2play game: "Here, buy more weapons of ethnic cleansing to keep the children in line, fighting instead of healing and learning to become normal humans ever again! Just keep them living in the same nightmare where they think they're fighting for the same causes they were manipulated into, platinum on sale now!"

If you only now just noticed the dark undertones in Warframe, you haven't been paying attention. The lore, and frankly the content straight up in your face is full of grisly circumstances

On 10/27/2017 at 11:29 AM, Archonos23 said:

Personally I think the Warframes are more interesting as characters than the operators.

Before TSD I always thought of them as great warriors each with their own unique personalities. And the primes are actual ancient warriors being brought back to life.

Now, turns out my Warframes are just soulless robot husks controlled by one kid with a plain personality.

Gameplay wise I'm indifferent.

Warframe breaking War doesn't mean it is a soulless robot.
It has a personality, perhaps dormant, sleeping.

Rhino prime prototype lore proved that all this organic flesh do have some sort of memory etch into them.
So every warframe that is built from the same template will always turn out the same. Same pose. Same skills.

The ultimate will be the fusion of Operator and Warframe, which always lead to Operator death.
But during that time they have near unlimited power, allowing them to pull the feats that Old War records have.

For example, Inaros 3 covered an entire planet in a giant sandstorm and blew all the infested away, but did not harm or suffocate a single inhabitant other his charge. That amount of control is beyond incredible. But he died in the process.

Edited by fatpig84

I haven't even done much with Focus or Amps, I'm still working towards maxing out Energizing Dash and I just built the T1 Amp a few days ago, and I just keep finding them more and more useful.

Gameplay wise, they're pretty dang good.  Again, I have no nodes active except the two basic Zenurik nodes and no unbound nodes, but I'm finding them "sufficient," if that makes sense, and I know my guy is only going to get better.  I just keep finding uses for him, and I've been having some of the most fun I've had with Warframe in years by soloing missions Operator-only.  One thing I think some people are missing is that Operators are not, never were, and almost certainly never will be intended to replace Warframes, but instead to be used in addition to Warframes, and frankly if someone says they can't find a use for them I can't help but feel that they're not being imaginative enough.

Story wise, I still think they could use improvement.  I would have appreciated more of a character arc from Second Dream through War Within, and am hoping on expansion on them in the future.  Though I'm still hoping Warframes have an independent consciousness of some sort as might have been implied, I'm much more a fan of the idea of two beings working as one than a puppeteer with their murderpuppet.

2 hours ago, Jakorak said:

If you only now just noticed the dark undertones in Warframe, you haven't been paying attention. The lore, and frankly the content straight up in your face is full of grisly circumstances

No way, you mean the game that's all about chopping people into little chunks of meat at rates measured in deaths-per-second for the sole purpose of stealing their stuff isn't light and fluffy? That winning lifetime achievement awards in terrorism for the equivalent of a pickup bed full of scrap isn't laudable?

No.  Along with everything added in PoE, I avidly take no part in it.  It's an insanely boring grind all around, won't even touch the bugs.  But seriously, just to get around in Warframe is a lot of key presses.  Movement 2.0 almost causes carpal tunnel, then add in the fact that I USED to have to hold 5 for 2 seconds to get my tree's buff... Now I have to push 5, hold slide, press jump, then press 5 again, every 20ish seconds JUST to keep a buff up that before lasted until the end of the match.  Now, I'm sorry, but not all of us can keep pressing these same exact keys every 20-30 seconds, WITH the 'normal' movement key presses, because that's how they designed it to be... You DESIGNED IT TO BE PAINFUL... WHY?  What is the purpose?  I've been playing video games for the better part of 3 decades and I love Warframe, but if it becomes anymore 'demanding' of my wrists, I will chuck this game forever.  I'm here to play and enjoy a game, not give myself carpal tunnel because my frame is stuck on a lip and won't jump over it or grab onto it anymore!!

So yeah, no, the 'operator battle' and buff things add nothing to the game but physical pain for me.  Seriously, if the next update is about pressing 5 different keys to get a different buff or to fight as the operator inside the operator inside the warframe, then I'm just done.  I absolutely love this game, but I'll move to something else and give them my money if it means less pain from having to push/hold 4-5 keys just to do one maneuver.  God forbid you actually put in a Sprint Toggle to save ALL OF US, INCLUDING YOURSELVES, extremely unnecessary pain/fatigue in the hands and wrists... Laziness has a time and place, it's been YEARS, fix it already guys/gals.

2 hours ago, -ZeroStar- said:

No.  Along with everything added in PoE, I avidly take no part in it.  It's an insanely boring grind all around, won't even touch the bugs.  But seriously, just to get around in Warframe is a lot of key presses.  Movement 2.0 almost causes carpal tunnel, then add in the fact that I USED to have to hold 5 for 2 seconds to get my tree's buff... Now I have to push 5, hold slide, press jump, then press 5 again, every 20ish seconds JUST to keep a buff up that before lasted until the end of the match.  Now, I'm sorry, but not all of us can keep pressing these same exact keys every 20-30 seconds, WITH the 'normal' movement key presses, because that's how they designed it to be... You DESIGNED IT TO BE PAINFUL... WHY?  What is the purpose?  I've been playing video games for the better part of 3 decades and I love Warframe, but if it becomes anymore 'demanding' of my wrists, I will chuck this game forever.  I'm here to play and enjoy a game, not give myself carpal tunnel because my frame is stuck on a lip and won't jump over it or grab onto it anymore!!

So yeah, no, the 'operator battle' and buff things add nothing to the game but physical pain for me.  Seriously, if the next update is about pressing 5 different keys to get a different buff or to fight as the operator inside the operator inside the warframe, then I'm just done.  I absolutely love this game, but I'll move to something else and give them my money if it means less pain from having to push/hold 4-5 keys just to do one maneuver.  God forbid you actually put in a Sprint Toggle to save ALL OF US, INCLUDING YOURSELVES, extremely unnecessary pain/fatigue in the hands and wrists... Laziness has a time and place, it's been YEARS, fix it already guys/gals.

Actually DE is aware of the carpal issue and that's why they do not actively ban Autohotkeys.
i do that to initiate a slide. Being doing that for years when Nekros 3 was a manual button instead of toggle.

Not like Warframe is super competitive anyway so AHK is usually given a pass in warframe.

Edited by fatpig84

6 hours ago, Jakorak said:

Not the point. How about you go back a few pages more to see my original comment here before commenting yourself?
Same goes for @(PS4)Lowk721

Edited by SnuggleBuckets

9 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

Actually DE is aware of the carpal issue and that's why they do not actively ban Autohotkeys.
i do that to initiate a slide. Being doing that for years when Nekros 3 was a manual button instead of toggle.

Not like Warframe is super competitive anyway so AHK is usually given a pass in warframe.

Partially true.  I mean if they're aware of it and don't change something simple like an actual 'Sprint Toggle' and just let AHK go, that's pure laziness.  That's saying, we're aware it's an issue, we don't care, by showing we don't care, we're not going to do anything about it since the beginning of the game... It honestly wouldn't be that hard to do something like an actual 'Sprint Toggle', they just outright refuse to do it.  They'd rather put in broken systems like fishing instead of actually addressing the issue of physical pain cause by playing a video game.  Again, I've NEVER had any issue with any game, ever, except this one.  This is the only game that causes physical pain and they're not doing anything about it, while easy fixes exist, THAT is my concern.

I don't mind the operator, I just feel like they aren't fleshed out enough as a mechanic. If they were a sidegrade to Warframe play that'd be awesome, but at the moment they are drastically weaker even with upgraded amps.