The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What ever happened to the original Ember Deluxe?

5 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

This is then new Ember Deluxe skin:

uhlu1z6adnrz.jpg

Personally i prefer this version tho the other was also lovely. I feel a slight meshup of Ember with Zephyr in this with those arm feathers and tail. :3

... wow... at least the skin for mag was decent... what is that?

i understand DE have a fetish fo mahok but... that just bad.. is that a japanese gansta? XD

Spoiler

yoyogi%20rockabillies%208006.jpg

BTW you could have just searched the forums to find the thread that was created immediately after they showed this new deluxe skin on the devstream...

you know...

instead of creating yet another thread which will be instantly derailed and "moderated" when people start criticising the old IgnusDei skin.

don't believe me? 

22 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

uhlu1z6adnrz.jpg

Personally i prefer this version tho the other was also lovely. I feel a slight meshup of Ember with Zephyr in this with those arm feathers and tail. :3

Edit: reread some stuff

this is the new ember deluxe skin and that white one was the old one that made an artist quit? really? mother of god

Edited by (PS4)LordZezrel

34 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

uhlu1z6adnrz.jpg

+/- 

Sorry, but in my opinion, the skin of IgnusDei look better.

12 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

You must be blind then. She always had a Punk like helmet and is themed after a Phoenix.

I get its bird themed and i guess ember is a phoenix if you squint hard enough, but that's hard to look at.

you cant even call this a phoenix,most of the plumes ive seen on a phoenix are going back not forward and straight up like that, then there is the whole tail feathers thing, that's way to small to be considered phoenix, looks like ember and zephyr had a baby and it it got hit with the ugly stick.

The other delux skins were amazing to the point of crying and I think the mohawk on normal/prime is great.

but not like this, not like this.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)LordZezrel said:

Edit: reread some stuff

this is the new ember deluxe skin and that white one was the old one that made an artist quit? really? mother of god

The artist was a contractor from outside the development team. Most of the DX skins are his work, including Loki Knave, Rhino Palatine, Frost Harka, Ash Koga, and several others. There was internal disagreement over his designs throughout his contract, and eventually he and the devs just couldn't come to resolution. This happened shortly before Frost Harka's release. It's a real shame, I love his work.

Personally, I like the new Ember DX, but not as much as IgnusDei's design. It was so elegant and perfect. I didn't mind DE's changes to it, either. The fire chicken theme doesn't bug me as long as the design is great. This new one has a cool silhouette, but most of the model feels way too noisy to me. The pauldrons need simplification, and the feathers don't feel attached.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

The artist was a contractor from outside the development team. Most of the DX skins are his work, including Loki Knave, Rhino Palatine, Frost Harka, Ash Koga, and several others. There was internal disagreement over his designs throughout his contract, and eventually he and the devs just couldn't come to resolution. This happened shortly before Frost Harka's release. It's a real shame, I love his work.

Personally, I like the new Ember DX, but not as much as IgnusDei's design. It was so elegant and perfect. I didn't mind DE's changes to it, either. The fire chicken theme doesn't bug me as long as the design is great. This new one has a cool silhouette, but most of the model feels way too noisy to me. The pauldrons need simplification, and the feathers don't feel attached.

I see that's why there is such a difference in DX skins, but dang to think they would scrap that old design, which honestly would have sold like hot cakes for this its not bad but its not the theme they were going for, it looks like a pimped out chicken not a phoenix.

well I won't be getting this one that's for sure, the others had an air of elegance to them but this is just the ugly duckling of the group.

Edit: I dont blame ignus if this is what they are doing with Deluxe skins now

To clarify, DE did not "scrap" the old Ember DX. Contract work has a lot of protections to prevent contractors from having their work stolen by the company that contracted them. They cannot use his work without his express consent, and he can change his mind. It may be that the art team is unwilling to use his designs without making certain changes, which Ignus would have to sign off on. As a professional artist, he has his portfolio and reputation to worry about. It's not simple pettiness on either party's part.

i see why fashion is lie, now with current new deluxe skin...  im not buying it, i support ignusdei design than this stupid chicken i hate KFC and KFC is lie,

to me criticism imo i dont see this has any texture or details into it as much as ignisdei his design has better details on ember arms and legs and helmet but body is just "meh" and low details and texture compare to current deluxe skin ember the color is off chart ( only thing i hate DE part is adding that stupid horn making looks like "mohawk" people say?) current one has mohawk on her helmet that im not gonna touch it. *forget Fashion* 

but thats just me im sticking with prime version...

WTB ignisdei design ill throw $$$ to bring it back.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)LordZezrel said:

I see that's why there is such a difference in DX skins, but dang to think they would scrap that old design, which honestly would have sold like hot cakes for this its not bad but its not the theme they were going for, it looks like a pimped out chicken not a phoenix.

well I won't be getting this one that's for sure, the others had an air of elegance to them but this is just the ugly duckling of the group.

Edit: I dont blame ignus if this is what they are doing with Deluxe skins now

She looks more like a peacock in my opinion