Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Meteor and Operation: Plague Star

Outssiss

14 minutes ago, Rogue_Striker said:

Maybe they pushed it back to next week so consoles can have it too? I honestly don't remember how events work and whether or not console gets it at the same time.

Id bet on this being the case. Why let PC have an event when certification for consoles is so close at hand? The assets for the event were very likely finished a while ago and are in that build for console.

Yo, so there's this big &#! infested blob that landed within walking distance of Cetus. Konzu tells us a story about how someone he knows was brutally devoured by something just like this crashing into a ship. So why in the hell are we just sitting here, letting it incubate? There is a 0% chance that anything friendly or cooperative is going to come out of an infested meteor.

So why haven't we bathed it in napalm as soon as it landed?? This is probably why bad stuff keeps happening to anyone that's not Grineer or Corpus, lol

24 minutes ago, Endorphinz said:

Yo, so there's this big &#! infested blob that landed within walking distance of Cetus. Konzu tells us a story about how someone he knows was brutally devoured by something just like this crashing into a ship. So why in the hell are we just sitting here, letting it incubate? There is a 0% chance that anything friendly or cooperative is going to come out of an infested meteor.

So why haven't we bathed it in napalm as soon as it landed?? This is probably why bad stuff keeps happening to anyone that's not Grineer or Corpus, lol

L O R E

27 minutes ago, Endorphinz said:

That would make for an abruptly short Operation.

Still don't have any idea when that operation is supposed to ship, either. *sigh* :sleep:

1 minute ago, Sentinel-Wraith said:

I wonder if the "meteor" that we see in the plains is just the tip of the iceberg, and most of it is growing/buried underground? Notice how a number of the caves in the plains have sealed doors? I wonder if there's any connection?

There ARE a lot of spoopy noises down there.  I assumed they were just there, or had like dragons locked down there once they added the dynamic cave system, but Infested could explain it.  

they said on Prime Time that this Operation will come later for console players so they wont be participating along with us. That said no idea why they announced it so far ahead of time and acted like it was coming so soon. I'm guessing next week but Rebb posted on twitter that it still being tested so who knows.

It's interesting to think about the possibility that THIS could actually be how a raw (not a passive " Jerry the Janitor is a pulsating sack in a broom closet on a docking freighter" style, but a full-blown invasion) Infested purging operation goes.

1. No way to strangle it in the crib due to the volatile stem cell and nanite mix inside, so camp-out outside the infection point.

2. Monitor growth process while gearing up with the big guns.

3. Wait for the burst and hope to ell it landed somewhere with low "fuel" for growth and spits out something or somethings that are/is are weak.

Jesus christ this is gonna give me @(*()$ migraines.  I really hope Digital Extremes does not make this a habit like Wild Card studios already has.  Cause if thats the case, then I'm out.  If you cant meet the deadline, then dont bother announcing the @(*()$ product until you absolutely know that you can meet the deadline.

Was this "snow" near the spore or the calcified carcass of a sentient? If its the latter, thats not infested, its parts of the sentient's skeleton flaking off.  If its the former though, I still dont see the point.  The infestation has a reputation for mass reproducing in seconds, yet this f#cker has been at it for a week.

3 minutes ago, Biohazard_Wraith said:

Was this "snow" near the spore or the calcified carcass of a sentient? If its the latter, thats not infested, its parts of the sentient's skeleton flaking off.  If its the former though, I still dont see the point.  The infestation has a reputation for mass reproducing in seconds, yet this f#cker has been at it for a week.

everywhere but not all the time, and its orange, so its definitely not sentient (which is all shades of blue on the plains) i think it was triggered by the hot fix earlier.

55 минут назад, Sentinel-Wraith сказал:

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but the crater is now spewing poison gas. I had my trinity insta killed standing on it, and it's pulsating. Konzu is now mentioning how the air "smells sweet".

I did noticed. Then I droped dead 2 times in the row :clem:.

I hope that the Operation will not involve some kind of hard to avoid insta-death zones or "you have 5 second to outrun this explosion" timers.

So, anyone want to bet if the hostage or drone evacuation zone will spawn in the death field for someone?

Edited by rand0mname

6 hours ago, Sentinel-Wraith said:

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but the crater is now spewing poison gas. I had my trinity insta killed standing on it, and it's pulsating. Konzu is now mentioning how the air "smells sweet".6519FA392CFA9B00A099CE91219BA789F97006BE

That reminds me of something that happens in MGSV, won't go into details because of spoilers.

But yeah the "sweet smell" may be the infestations attempt to draw in wildlife so that it could infest them.

New possible infested wildlife enemies?