Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So some people got 20+ Exilus Adapters for watching the Dev stream while others got nothing?

Enfo

Not sure what the OP wants DE to do exactly. It was a glitch in the system. They meant to give 1 to everyone who was watching AND had their Twitch accounts connected to their Warframe accounts. What happened obviously was entirely different.

There is no solution to this that would make everyone happy. Take away the exilus adapters? No, that wouldn't be fair for those that obtained them. They can't punish the players for their mistake. Give everyone 30 exilus adapters? No, that would straight up kill any income they would make off of selling them for the foreseeable future and beyond. Now, maybe they can give one exilus to everyone. But you'll still have people crying foul over a mistake they can't really fix.

It's best to just move on. Yeah, it sucks for those that didn't get it (I have two friends that missed out and I feel pretty bad for them), but there's nothing we nor DE can do about it that would make both us and their financial department happy.

1 minute ago, Sleepdebt said:

just send all tenno 30 exilus adapters, problem solved

5 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

Give everyone 30 exilus adapters? No, that would straight up kill any income they would make off of selling them for the foreseeable future and beyond.

I'll also add that it'll make that slot being locked completely moot as well.

Okay, I got 26 adapters and that saved me some plat for the future. And now I'm going to gift 7 (seven) exilus adapters to the random Tenno.

If you feel so miserable for not getting even single adapter from that stream... feel free to /w me ingame and tell me any nice joke and I'll gift you an exilus adapter. 7 Tenno = 7 adapters.

I should note that I will do this only for those who meet certain conditions like: you need to be Mastery Rank 16 or less and you need not to look too rich (because if you are MR17-24 Tenno fully dressed up with syandanas and armors and sugatras and stuff - I think you fairly able to get that adapter by yourself).

Cheers!

Edited by Zanoza-chan

I'd have been happy to get 1, any more and I'd be praising the gods I don't even believe in for their graciousness. But alas, I got 0. Watched the whole stream, twitch account linked for quite a while, 0 adapters. I'd love if they could run a script to give those who didn't get one at least the single adapter.

the worst thing is even if DE ran a script to remove all except one adapter from the people that got 20 or more, there would still be people complaining about it. Either people that didn't get any and now want at least 1 or people that got 30 and feel like they deserve it.

However, if they don't run a script or something, well, thanks Mom don't need to ever buy an adapter ever again.

49 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

Topic starter didn't say he got a linked account, did he? He just said he got nothing and he's feeling wrong about it. My answer was written to him, not to ppl who linked account and got nothing for some reason.

My account has been linked for a long time. Should be common knowledge since i bring it up

22 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

A lot of the people that were there before the stream even started didn't get anything, myself included.

Hell, apparently some people that weren't there got exilus adapters.

Well that hints at a much deeper problem within the system they were using. I don't think it impossible that they do some kind of a consolation thing but I honestly wonder what the point would be or if it's viable on their end at the cost/effect department when they even discussed (however jokingly) what the platinum cost if bought would of been, over a million? 

Finally, lets be honest here, we got exilus adapters. It's not like they're catalysts or even forma. You can get the blueprints for them off of Simaris. Though admittedly not the cheapest thing to build, they are not exactly super-rare. 

Edited by Lakais

16 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

Not sure what the OP wants DE to do exactly. It was a glitch in the system. They meant to give 1 to everyone who was watching AND had their Twitch accounts connected to their Warframe accounts. What happened obviously was entirely different.

There is no solution to this that would make everyone happy. Take away the exilus adapters? No, that wouldn't be fair for those that obtained them. They can't punish the players for their mistake. Give everyone 30 exilus adapters? No, that would straight up kill any income they would make off of selling them for the foreseeable future and beyond. Now, maybe they can give one exilus to everyone. But you'll still have people crying foul over a mistake they can't really fix.

It's best to just move on. Yeah, it sucks for those that didn't get it (I have two friends that missed out and I feel pretty bad for them), but there's nothing we nor DE can do about it that would make both us and their financial department happy.

Taking all but one adapter from the people who got 30 shouldn't be that hard if it was a small number. Those people shouldn't complain...its not like they earned them anyways. I think that would be the best solution to make everyone happy. Oh and I was listening to the stream while I was at work and haven't got off work yet to see if I too got 30 adapters. If I did I will let you know but still think 29 of them should be removed.

5 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

Taking all but one adapter from the people who got 30 shouldn't be that hard if it was a small number. Those people shouldn't complain...its not like they earned them anyways. I think that would be the best solution to make everyone happy. Oh and I was listening to the stream while I was at work and haven't got off work yet to see if I too got 30 adapters. If I did I will let you know but still think 29 of them should be removed.

At this point it'd be too late. More than likely those that did get it have already used a number of them. They could maybe remove what was left, but it still won't reverse the mistake. Like I said - there's no real way out of this where everyone is happy.

Alright, while this issue is something DE should resolve, I do want to say that a generous Tenno spotted me an exilus adapter (not naming them to spare them a flood of requests,) so I'm good if anyone else is feeling particularly benevolent.  Please look to others that might have been missed!

P.S.  Would also like to know how to send mail TO strangers in game.  Not a very well explained feature (but what is in Warframe?)  Had to leave them a thank you message via this forum.

Edited by Littleman88

28 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

I got like 30. but I expect DE will reverse all the adapters people got and give one to everyone who watched.

As someone who also got 30, I would be okay with this. It was obviously a glitch on what was supposed to be a fun little extra for everyone who watched. I feel bad that people who were watching missed out on it, even if it isn’t a huge reward. Missing out on a thank you gift is always a little sad, no matter what the gift is. I am only going to use a maximum of one anyway until/unless they confirm it is okay to use the rest of them.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

084.png

No one needs that many adapters, I understand that you feel borderline betrayed but holding a grudge against your fellow tenno is just stupid.

Where have i said that i hold a grudge against anyone in here? Lets not take this places it's not going.

5 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Alright, while this issue is something DE should resolve, I do want to say that a generous Tenno spotted me an exilus adapter (not naming them to spare them a flood of requests,) so I'm good if anyone else is feeling particularly benevolent.  Please look to others that might have been missed!

Yeah I'm gifting friends that missed out on it adapters as well. While it sounds like I'm balancing myself between sides here, I do feel bad for those that didn't get any.

I received 30+ adapters. I wouldn't mind if 29 of them were removed from my account! I worked in the gaming industry for years and sometimes a small slip leads to a big fall even after internal testing. After averaging out the actual cost of the mistake factoring for percentage of adapters that would have potentially been revenue stream, I feel bad for them.

All the best

Edited by Frosthaven83

I love the game don't get me wrong, but the last month as been really disheartening as a 'normal' player.

The grind as gone up to a crazy amount, so that if you're not running very optimal builds doing very specific farming you'll fall way behind those that are. 

You need to have 60 twitch streams open at the right time to get massive amounts of rewards, tough luck if you weren't on the train already, because it left without you.

And now, loyal regular viewers that have got online for 2 hours on a Friday night (getting out of a meal with the family, so they can) to watch a stream, and some random people get tones or rewards, but you may get nothing.

RNG is should not be a huge part of every little thing.

Please, just let us all play the game on a reasonable level playing field, where you don't need to be a no-lifer, or in with the latest twitch exploits to keep up

24 minutes ago, WabanUK said:

I love the game don't get me wrong, but the last month as been really disheartening as a 'normal' player.

The grind as gone up to a crazy amount, so that if you're not running very optimal builds doing very specific farming you'll fall way behind those that are. 

You need to have 60 twitch streams open at the right time to get massive amounts of rewards, tough luck if you weren't on the train already, because it left without you.

And now, loyal regular viewers that have got online for 2 hours on a Friday night (getting out of a meal with the family, so they can) to watch a stream, and some random people get tones or rewards, but you may get nothing.

RNG is should not be a huge part of every little thing.

Please, just let us all play the game on a reasonable level playing field, where you don't need to be a no-lifer, or in with the latest twitch exploits to keep up

Well..

1. The PoE grind is pretty much specifically for Operators. There's very little if anything in the Plains other than mods that can be of help to warframes. Currently the new modular weapons simply aren't very good, so getting those shouldn't even be on your list of things to do unless you truly desire them.

2. For one, having multiple twitch streams open is exploiting the system (Not like anyone cares). Besides, the majority of the rewards people got were fireworks. There were some more tangible rewards but only if a twitch streamer did particular achievements. Once you got those rewards you had very little reason to continue watching twitch streams. Plus, the rewards were mainly cosmetic. You really weren't missing out on anything unless you're a collector.

3. It's been said a thousand times: It was a glitch. It wasn't supposed to happen. You can blame DE for derping it up, but let's not blame them for wanting to give something to people watching their streams. In fact, many games have livestreams where they send out prizes to those watching. It's extremely common, and the only people who frown upon it are those that don't win.

4. You don't have to be a "no-lifer" to enjoy this game. Hell I only play every once in awhile and I'm doing perfectly fine. The problem is that you seem to believe it's all a race. You HAVE to get the latest cutting edge gear and abilities and stats and shinies. This is false. Other than Baro and Primes, everything is pretty static. You can choose what to farm and when to farm it. Don't sit there and try to farm every single thing at once - that's not how this game works. Take your time, do what is the most important (and fun) to you, then move on to something else.

Also, if you're using youtubers as a way to gauge how well you're doing, don't. They're funded. They put their livelihood in their videos. They have the time and the money to expedite much of this process. They also have an audience that demands they stay on the cutting edge of everything. You do not.

Edited by SoulEchelon