Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absurd conditions for a Riven Mod

BethTheBean

Question

Good evening.

After the 100th Devstream, there were three "gifts of the Lotus". One was a Riven Mod, which I happily went after. According to it, I had to get 16 syndicate medallions in order to unveil it. That sounded reasonable. 

However, after obtaining those 16 three times over, not one was acknowledged. Of course, I thought the Riven was bugged. Searching google, a number of players are having the same problem. Before writing a bug post, I decided to look at the wiki.

Turns out, each Riven challenge has a number of requirements that needed to be met. How the hell was I supposed to know that? How the hell are new players supposed to know this? 

These are the conditions I must meet :

• Any Syndicate medallion counts towards the challenge's progress.
  • Additional modifier includes having an active pet present, not having an ally downed and not triggering an alarm.

Allow me to get this straight. I have to drag around three broken AIs, that will attack anything they see, and not trip an alarm? 

I'm looking for any suggestion to make this even remotely possible. If the Riven ends up rotting in my inventory, then so be it.

Edited by GrazewoundZero

You can tell the syndicate operatives to stay at spawn, nothing will spawn around them when you get far enough ahead. After that it becomes a matter of staying stealthed and killing things before alarms can go off. No one can set off an alarm if there's no one to set off an alarm, after all.

Blind 'em with Excal 

Roast them with Ember 

Slow them down with Nova 

Walk right past them with Ivara, Ash, Loki

Use a bow, use a melee weapon, think about Covert Lethality. 

Understand that you were given something for FREE that you typically need to wait until endgame to interact with. Just because you are new doesn't mean this isn't still a COMPLETELY FREE GIFT and you might need to wait a bit and acquire the necessary gear to open it up. Also it's FREE. 

19 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Turns out, each Riven challenge has a number of requirements that needed to be met. How the hell was I supposed to know that? How the hell are new players supposed to know this? 

Conditions are listed on the Riven. If it's not there, it's not part of the condition you need to achieve to unlock that particular Riven.

Have you properly equipped said Riven mod to a weapon and bring it to the mission? This is the most common issue new players have with riven unlocking in general.

13 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

I got "head shot 12 enemies while gliding in one glide with a hobbled dragon key on."

From what I've seen, however, thats not even the worst of it. 

i got that before too, pretty easy actually, just go too the corpus gas tilesets and use the floaty things... and youre done.

um, no, just no

you didn't read the wikia page correctly. Those conditions, MIGHT be part of the riven. So you might have a riven saying "Find 12 medallions while having a pet active" or "Find 15 medallions without having any ally downed". 

If it is not said on the riven, it's not part of its challenge.

--------------------------

Now, why didn't it count? Well, first check the you equipped the riven on a weapon and brought that weapon with you. That the mistake new people make. 

If you did that, and it didn't count, it's a bug

5 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

what? is this for real?  thats not a challenge thats punishment.

No, it's a challenge. The only conditions you have to meet are said on the riven, you don't have to do all possible conditions.

If they aren't counting you probably either don't have the riven equipped on the rifle you are using, or there is a condition you missed on the riven.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

what? is this for real?  thats not a challenge thats punishment.

It's misinformation. Riven challenges can have variation, but it's only what's on the riven.

The OP is making it seem like you have to do ALL of the variations as one challenge.

Meanwhile I just needed to get the killing blow on 5 Lua sentients. >.> learned yet another new way to trivialize them. Creeping terrify.

But I do feel your pain. Easy to do once you've got plenty of gear though. As suggested. Ivara... assuming you didn't pull your no alarm requirement off the wiki.

28 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Allow me to get this straight. I have to drag around three broken AIs, that will attack anything they see, and not trip an alarm? 

I'd like to make a suggestion: since it doesn't mention going solo, have a friend take the front lead (Invis Loki) taking out enemies stealthly (stealth attacks and/or silence guns) while you trail behind. Once the area is clear you can go ahead and search the area, repeat process.

Just now, KuraiWolf2014 said:

What the actual hell? How? They are keys. They are meant for derelicts. So how does any of that work?

you just equip them in your gears, you don't have to open anything with them. This condition's purpose is to just have the negative effect of the keys

Just now, Akram-The-Reaper-Panda said:

you just equip them in your gears, you don't have to open anything with them. This condition's purpose is to just have the negative effect of the keys

Holy crap! I never knew just equipping them actually activated their effect. I thought it only worked if you actually enter a derelict with them.

33 minutes ago, kenrhee said:

i got that before too, pretty easy actually, just go too the corpus gas tilesets and use the floaty things... and youre done.

Yeah that's what I did. But imagine if there wasn't a way to cheese that. 

Even if you're confident in your aim, it's still hard to find 12 enemies clustered together in a place were you could pull the shot off. 

Edited by Spartan336

7 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

Yeah that's what I did. But imagine if there wasn't a way to cheese that. 

Even if you're confident in your aim, it's still hard to find 12 enemies clustered together in a place were you could pull the shot off. 

infested missions + vaubans bastille, would probably be the best bet

23 minutes ago, kenrhee said:

pls tell me you are joking =.= clearly someone never done riven challenges before lol

I have done riven challenges. I just never knew you could activate a dragon key without needing to run a derelict mission. I assumed they were like regular keys just with a special modifier.

6 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

I have done riven challenges. I just never knew you could activate a dragon key without needing to run a derelict mission. I assumed they were like regular keys just with a special modifier.

it's a thing that slips most people's minds honestly, so no shame there. It's why we get posts about a sudden drop in damage, usually people have forgotten to take off their extinguished dragon key.

The riven just wants the effect it has on you, it doesn't need a vault to be opened.