Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Prime Farm Who Y'all think cause it gots to be female

agirl777

8 minutes ago, agirl777 said:

I don't think it's going to be any of the quest frames yet though considering they haven't done any yet so those might be after all the non-quest frames have primes.

That's an interesting process, but I honestly think the fact they haven't done one yet is more incidental than anything. Mirage was the very first quest frame, and only now is her possible turn - so we simply have no evidence that being obtainable by a quest or not influences priming, nor reason to think so. 

Order of release and popularity, however, have both confirmed influence on it. 

7 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

That's an interesting process, but I honestly think the fact they haven't done one yet is more incidental than anything. Mirage was the very first quest frame, and only now is her possible turn - so we simply have no evidence that being obtainable by a quest or not influences priming, nor reason to think so. 

Order of release and popularity, however, have both confirmed influence on it. 

Well, beyond the devs I believe saying all frames are eligible for prime, so there's that. I don't get this recent view point that quest frames are all the sudden verbotten from prime that I keep hearing on, and other such conspiracy theories.

My Money is on Mesa, and I'm not just being biased. Mesa is a sure thing for the holidays. Especially if she comes with a high collard Prime Duster, and Primed up Regulators. If they don't Prime Mesa next for the Holidays, not only will I be completed surprised but that would be huge missed opportunity to capitalize on Holiday sales. 

Then release Zephyr in February with a solid rework. Then Limbo, Chroma. Then for the holidays next year they could do Equinox and then Mirage. 

To me that would drive the most amount of sales with the least amount of effort for DE.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

My Money is on Mesa, and I'm not just being biased. Mesa is a sure thing for the holidays. Especially if she comes with a high collard Prime Duster, and Primed up Regulators. If they don't Prime Mesa next for the Holidays, not only will I be completed surprised but that would be huge missed opportunity to capitalize on Holiday sales. 

Then release Zephyr in February with a solid rework. Then Limbo, Chroma. Then for the holidays next year they could do Equinox and then Mirage. 

Agree with that order, except the latter. Mirage's likely coming before Equinox. 

I hope for Zephyr since she's my most played frame, however she needs a LOT of work. She was made for agility, speed and air control in an old system that had little of that. Now everyone has most of those things for free, so she needs some major overhaul if not some minor re-imagining.

On the other hand I loathe Mesa, and seeing that get "rewarded" first would feel bad, unless they tone down and reshape some things. I dislike how many people say it's fine to have frames that are crazy powerful, if everyone is OP then no one is, because there's a good handful of frames who don't have any crazy powerful tactics, and others that have to work much harder just to fall a bit short. Seeing how some of those frames already have primes/reworks, I don't see how that's going to change, though I like it too.

On 11/6/2017 at 5:53 PM, (PS4)Musicopia said:

My guess is DE will pull a Nova and release Mesa Prime. This next release is going to be during the Christmas season and DE wants to maximize that holiday bonus.

It should be Zephyr, but she is probably the least played frame right next to Atlas. I think they will take the cop out and go with the more popular Mesa.

I’ve been seeing a very significant amount of  Zephyr players lately

Zephyr should be next and fits with the whole PoE setting. Perfect time for her and she could use the rework. And she's not disliked like I believe Hydroid was. She's just a weak frame compared to the rest. The only thing going against her, she needs a rather large rework and DE has a lot going on right now.

After Zephyr would be Mirage. Assuming they stay chronological. She is also in dire need of a rework. I feel Mirage is in the same boat as Zephyr needing a rather large rework but I get the feeling she won't be given a rework beyond number tweaks. 

Here's the chronological order of what's left to prime:

Zephyr
Mirage
Limbo
Mesa
Chroma
Equinox
Atlas
Wukong
Ivara
Nezha
Inaros
Titania
Nidus
Octavia
Harrow
Gara

• 2 weeks later...

That is a good though MuscleBeach but remember it goes Female-Female then Male-Male

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, MuscleBeach said:

Zephyr should be next and fits with the whole PoE setting. Perfect time for her and she could use the rework. And she's not disliked like I believe Hydroid was. She's just a weak frame compared to the rest. The only thing going against her, she needs a rather large rework and DE has a lot going on right now.

After Zephyr would be Mirage. Assuming they stay chronological. She is also in dire need of a rework. I feel Mirage is in the same boat as Zephyr needing a rather large rework but I get the feeling she won't be given a rework beyond number tweaks. 

Here's the chronological order of what's left to prime:

Zephyr
Mirage
Limbo
Mesa
Chroma
Equinox
Atlas
Wukong
Ivara
Nezha
Inaros
Titania
Nidus
Octavia
Harrow
Gara

7 minutes ago, agirl777 said:

That is a good though MuscleBeach but remember it goes Female-Female then Male-Male

There is no law that requires it. As time marches on it might even become impossible to stick with such a pattern, since the frames themselves don't follow a set pattern gender identity. I mean look at the next 4 alone, you have Zephy, Mirage, Limbo, then Mesa. That's 3 female frames and 1 male frame. The kicker, Equinox can be both. Equinox can fit in the male or female pattern category since the day side is clearly masculine and night side is feminine. I know Equinox is thought of as a female but the distinction is made in the design of the two sides of the frame.

Just like people are believing that frames follow release schedule order, the evidence does not back that up. Over 1/5th of the frames primed to date have not been released based on schedule. I know some people don't think it is that high, because they look at all frames as a whole not all frames that have been primed. With only 18 primed frames at current, 4 of which were not released in schedule release order, that is about 22% of the frames have not been released based on their release schedule. If Mirage (using last dev stream as evidence, or even another frame) is the next frame then of the 19 frames released as prime that will be over 26% of frames have not followed the release schedule.

In short, this is a factor that shows that frames do not always release by their schedule release, and is not something DE is beholden to.

I doubt it will be Zephyr Prime. Everyone knows she needs a rework and if DE was planning one for her then they would have announced it weeks ago. She's also not as popular as Mirage or Mesa. Considering a marketing and financial perspective, those two would be more feasible for Prime Access this coming holiday season. TBH I'd actually be surprised if they release Zephyr this holiday in her current state.

Edited by (PS4)MikeThePikeGT86

Guys... guys... guuuuuys...

I'm genuinely surprised that nobody has read the room here... All I've seen is Zephyr and Mesa and maybe bumping up a couple of the others, people have actively discounted Mirage as eligible...

But you're all forgetting one simple, teeny-tiny thing.

DE have already tipped their hand.

So, back when Plains of Eidolon was announced, and the interview with DE that pointed out that they won't be adding new abilities in their reworks (why Oberon and Hydroid's reworks didn't add any new abilities, just updated their existing ones), I looked at the timing of the Prime releases again.

Plains of Eidolon was finally released right after Hydroid's Prime Access, with only three months to go, so the discussion popped up again; what would be the next Prime? And I made the prediction; if DE finish the Plains with enough time to spare to work on a fix for Zephyr, then it's going to be Zephyr. If they don't? It's going to be a different, more popular frame.

In fact I said, and I could probably find the quote, that it's likely going to be Mirage or Mesa. Because, I continued, Mesa is in a fantastic place right now, really powerful in the Plains, and Mirage is still one of the go-to frames for buffing weapons and seeing crazy multi-shot effects on projectiles. All it would take is Mirage getting a little update. A fix to, say, Sleight of Hand, and maybe an update to tie it into how lighting affects her kit. After that, Mirage would be cool again, and everyone would want to see her Prime. And that would be so much more simple than Zephyr, who we haven't seen an update to so far this year... well, no, there was one update to Zephyr; Turbulence's sound effects no longer last the entire duration of the cast, much easier on the ears. But since Zephyr would need updates to 3/4 of her abilities to reach the same stage that Mirage would be with an update to only 1 ability... if DE only have the time for one frame, they'll likely do Mirage since she just needs Sleight of Hand buffing.

DevStream 101 rolls around.

What do they show us?

Mirage's newest update. To Sleight of Hand. With an interaction that makes the ability different in light or dark.

It's Mirage. Mirage is the next Prime. Unless we see, next week, a Zephyr rework in the mix, then seriously. It's Mirage.

I can't see Zeph being next, as Zeph needs reworking, and I don't think they're ready to go with that. I could see the following Prime being Zeph, but not this coming one.

Current rumblings have it being Mirage, since they just started doing some touch-ups of her 2 (the weakest of her kit). I personally hope it is, as I love Mirage. Was the first frame to really pull me away from Banshee, and I think only Titania Prime (waaaaaaay down the road) would pull me harder.

Mesa would print money, so I think they're planning on doing her next year when they don't have a gigantic content update a couple of months prior to drive sales.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

14 minutes ago, NymphWeed said:

Wouldnt it be wierd and a bit funny if suddenly they turn around and says "say hi to Limbo Prime"?

You thought it was going to be a female frame BUT IT WAS ME! LIMBO!

Would actually be kinda fitting, he already sort of has a Za Warrrrrdo ability...

Not sure if I could even be mad about it haha

Edited by TheBlueJelly