Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember is OP in some way

Tainted_Fate

1 minute ago, UF-1215 said:

Dude, I'm going to be honest. What's your point of bringing this up? Let me give a list of all the OP frames in this game, as a more experienced Tenno, 

Excalibur: with the right frame and melee weapon build, you can have an eternal exalted blade and literally slide attack your way through an entire mission without every running out of energy and while constantly blinding enemies. Anything under lvl 50 will die immediately. 

Ash: enough said. 

Saryn: go to Berehynia and you'll see what I mean. 

Banshee: slap on Resonance Quake and mod for both max eff and cont. Everything around you within a 300M radius will die once RQ reaches max range and dmg. 

Mesa: use the same build you do for RQ Banshee. Stand in the middle of the map, press 4, hold down your LMB, and spin. Everything under lvl 100 dies in one shot, given that you have a well-modded secondary. 

Nidus: in close-range infested missions, a well-modded Nidus becomes virtually immortal and can survive SOLO up to 100 waves on Akkad. It's been done, just look it up on Youtube. 

Oberon: the most hated frame yes. But mod for max range and efficiency and spam reckoning. Everything around will die OR be down on the floor long enough to be killed by a teammate. 

Trinity: OHAHAHAHAHA. I don't think I have to explain her. 

Wukong: Oh yes, Wukong the immortal. One of his powers actually involves reviving himself from the dead. 

Nezha: Pretty much immortal too. 

Etc. 

Pretty much every frame in the game, when modded in an "meta" fashion, will be OP in one way or another. 

All of the frames, except for a select few really sucky frames that need reworks, either fall into two categories once you metabuild them: (1) frames that kill everything around them and (2) frames that can't get killed. That's called maximization. 

That's just the nature of the game. A build that makes sorties tolerable will certainly make 90% of the regular level starchart missions seem like cheese. That's just the way the game is. I don't know if you play sorties and raids and Eidolon strikes often, but if you do, I hope you understand where I'm coming from. 

I know where you're coming from concerning Ember, but I'm just really curious as to why you're bringing this up now. Ember's been like this ever since she's come out and DE hasn't even spoken of reworking her, probably because they think she's balanced. I mean, if you don't like Ember, stop playing her. And don't S#&$ on us who do, because Warframe is a hard game, we Tenno who've been playing for years now get tired sometimes of having to aim at every single little enemy on the map and press the LMB. Sometimes we'd rather just press 4 and sit in a corner so that we can save our energy and do other stuff in the game that actually matters, stuff you can't cheese, like Eidolon strikes, raids, cancerous sorties, nightmare missions with horrid modifiers, kuva flood missions, etc. 

Your lack of mentioning Chroma disturbs me.

3 минуты назад, UF-1215 сказал:
Спойлер

Dude, I'm going to be honest. What's your point of bringing this up? Let me give a list of all the OP frames in this game, as a more experienced Tenno, 

Excalibur: with the right frame and melee weapon build, you can have an eternal exalted blade and literally slide attack your way through an entire mission without every running out of energy and while constantly blinding enemies. Anything under lvl 50 will die immediately. 

Ash: enough said. 

Saryn: go to Berehynia and you'll see what I mean. 

Banshee: slap on Resonance Quake and mod for both max eff and cont. Everything around you within a 300M radius will die once RQ reaches max range and dmg. 

Mesa: use the same build you do for RQ Banshee. Stand in the middle of the map, press 4, hold down your LMB, and spin. Everything under lvl 100 dies in one shot, given that you have a well-modded secondary. 

Nidus: in close-range infested missions, a well-modded Nidus becomes virtually immortal and can survive SOLO up to 100 waves on Akkad. It's been done, just look it up on Youtube. 

Oberon: the most hated frame yes. But mod for max range and efficiency and spam reckoning. Everything around will die OR be down on the floor long enough to be killed by a teammate. 

Trinity: OHAHAHAHAHA. I don't think I have to explain her. 

Wukong: Oh yes, Wukong the immortal. One of his powers actually involves reviving himself from the dead. 

Nezha: Pretty much immortal too. 

Etc. 

Pretty much every frame in the game, when modded in an "meta" fashion, will be OP in one way or another. 

All of the frames, except for a select few really sucky frames that need reworks, either fall into two categories once you metabuild them: (1) frames that kill everything around them and (2) frames that can't get killed. That's called maximization. 

That's just the nature of the game. A build that makes sorties tolerable will certainly make 90% of the regular level starchart missions seem like cheese. That's just the way the game is. I don't know if you play sorties and raids and Eidolon strikes often, but if you do, I hope you understand where I'm coming from. 

I know where you're coming from concerning Ember, but I'm just really curious as to why you're bringing this up now. Ember's been like this ever since she's come out and DE hasn't even spoken of reworking her, probably because they think she's balanced. I mean, if you don't like Ember, stop playing her. And don't S#&$ on us who do, because Warframe is a hard game, we Tenno who've been playing for years now get tired sometimes of having to aim at every single little enemy on the map and press the LMB. Sometimes we'd rather just press 4 and sit in a corner so that we can save our energy and do other stuff in the game that actually matters, stuff you can't cheese, like Eidolon strikes, raids, cancerous sorties, nightmare missions with horrid modifiers, kuva flood missions, etc. 

Thats an excellent reply, thank you very much.

42 minutes ago, UF-1215 said:

I know where you're coming from concerning Ember, but I'm just really curious as to why you're bringing this up now. Ember's been like this ever since she's come out and DE hasn't even spoken of reworking her, probably because they think she's balanced. 

They did rework Ember a long time ago. Her second ability used to be totally different. And her 4th used to be duration based and had different visuals.

for what must be the 456394756393th time, ember is FINE. yes, she tears apart lower levels, that's what she's FOR: she's a caster that specializes in getting rid of trash mobs through intense fire DPS. she's basically Warframe's version of the Firebug in Killing Floor 2: Firebugs are best for wiping out all the Crawlers and little Zeds and putting Status effects on larger ones while others kill them. Ember falls off quickly at higher levels, even with Accelerant. even with the Fire Quake augment, her CC is mediocre compared to many other frames.

trust me, I've played Ember Prime a LOT, both before and after they tweaked her 4 and 2. she's always been great vs low levels, but then ALL Warframes are if you sue their powers!

at this rate DE will have a knee-jerk reaction and nerf Ember into uselessness because of so many people saying "ermahgerhd ermber OP!!"

3 hours ago, Tainted_Fate said:

How come one warframe is so overpowered for farming and, for exmaple, leveling weapons? You can place three 0 level weapons with this warframe and level it to max in one survival mission (with affinity bonus ofc).

No, you can't. Your weapons get 0 affinity if you get kills with warframe abilities, which makes all the affinity go to your frame instead.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

for what must be the 456394756393th time, ember is FINE. yes, she tears apart lower levels, that's what she's FOR: she's a caster that specializes in getting rid of trash mobs through intense fire DPS. she's basically Warframe's version of the Firebug in Killing Floor 2: Firebugs are best for wiping out all the Crawlers and little Zeds and putting Status effects on larger ones while others kill them. Ember falls off quickly at higher levels, even with Accelerant. even with the Fire Quake augment, her CC is mediocre compared to many other frames.

trust me, I've played Ember Prime a LOT, both before and after they tweaked her 4 and 2. she's always been great vs low levels, but then ALL Warframes are if you sue their powers!

at this rate DE will have a knee-jerk reaction and nerf Ember into uselessness because of so many people saying "ermahgerhd ermber OP!!"

I agree with both. Ember being a low level stomper and falling off at higher levels. The problem is this game doesn't have enough high level content for that second argument to be effective. Almost everything you do in this game is tied to low level missions. Ember is good in any starchart node right now, except flood kuva and sorties (and raids I guess), which are limited per day and is not something you spam nonstop unlike every other node in the game.

Am I the only one who's happy to see an Ember when I pop into an Exterminate alert with my Vauban/Volt ?

I mean I still get to kill some enemies, I still get the loot and reward, and I don't have to spend 5 minutes killing enemies one by one cause they're hiding behind a crate.

Compared to Ash ulti, at least World On Fire doesn't prevent coop gameplay (you can still damage enemies), my main complaint would be people using blinding energy colors

Is Ember an OP frame? No, is she a frame that lacks interactivity, has only 1 decent ability and im talking about accelerant here, and is just generally an outdated frame? Yes. in my opinion she needs the Oberon treatment, just give her other abilities some purpose, and maybe remove the "Fire and forget" aspect of WoF, that way it isn't just an ability you activate on the start of the mission and forget about it till you go to extraction.

Edited by Midrib

1 час назад, LordNero86 сказал:

OP, I'm curious, have you tried bringing your ember to sortie level missions? ☺

As I said in my main post, but not specified, on 80-100lvl Sortie missions or on some Nightmare missions and with mods (like Energy drain) you will get your a** kicked, no problem with that, thats why I named this topic "Ember is OP in some way", not "Ember is OP", see the difference?

What bothered me, and I am repeating this again, 

3 часа назад, Tainted_Fate сказал:

Ember dominates 90% or even more content. With pressing one skill button at the start of the game, thats it. Dont need any weapons, dont need to aim, you dont even need to spam certain things or recast them, and you dont need any teammates or team play. Its very, very strange gameplay, thats all what I can say.

just give her other abilities some purpose, and maybe remove the "Fire and forget" aspect of WoF, that way it isn't just an ability you activate on the start of the mission and forget about it till you go to extraction.

Absolutely agree.

Edited by Tainted_Fate

She's pretty much just a low to midlevel room clearer, all that's left of that in higher levels is some decent CC other frames can do better, ultimately she falls off really hard, so nothing to fix or nerf here she's perfectly fine in her own niche.

Also in general, Warframe is about being overpowered and about absurd scaling, both of your powers and that of the enemy including the numbers thrown at you, that's what makes it unique and fun in the first place, traditional boring balance concerns are thrown out of the window for good reason. But even if that wasn't the case, she really isn't even close to being OP.

OP, sayig that Ember dominates 90% of the content is like saying that lvl 100 character in WoW is OP because he can clear majority of dungeons solo.

Ember was designed to be a trash killer and she does her job fine, but in "endgame" content (lvl 100+ mobs) (a.k.a. content that matters to the biggest portion of a playerbase) Ember is pretty much useless, even with WoF augment installed. So saying that Ember is OP in any shape or form is kinda silly (even if she wipes the floor with every mob at lvl40).

I've said this before but if anything Ember needs a passive akin to Dota2's Lina's passive.

Accelerant is the most spamable CC and wile it doesn't open enemies for finishers you can stunlock them with ease.

She doesn't scale like other frames but that's besides the point.

The clearing of rooms you can do with any frame End Game Ready.

If anything DE could rework her 4th so that less people can use it lazily.

1 час назад, HorridaMessor сказал:

OP, sayig that Ember dominates 90% of the content is like saying that lvl 100 character in WoW is OP because he can clear majority of dungeons solo.

Ember was designed to be a trash killer and she does her job fine, but in "endgame" content (lvl 100+ mobs) (a.k.a. content that matters to the biggest portion of a playerbase) Ember is pretty much useless, even with WoF augment installed. So saying that Ember is OP in any shape or form is kinda silly (even if she wipes the floor with every mob at lvl40).

Problem is not only that she dominates, problem is HOW she dominates. By pressing one button at the start of the mission and just walking/standing around, at some scenarios can afford even few minutes AFK while everything is burning. Again, weapons are not needed, skill spam is not needed, aiming is not needed, recasting is not needed, team is not needed and even if there is a team, she outdamages basically any other warframe, its easy to get top % damage done. Is this ok to you? It feels cheese and thats what I am trying to tell.

Edited by Tainted_Fate

55 минут назад, HorridaMessor сказал:

but in "endgame" content (lvl 100+ mobs) (a.k.a. content that matters to the biggest portion of a playerbase)

This is very debatable statement, I dont know, maybe this changes within high MR, I run Sortie once it appears and forget about it, most of the time I spend doing alerts, farming resources, reputation, opening relics, how can u say that, maybe if biggest portion of a playerbase had 21+ MR this would be true.

Edited by Tainted_Fate

15 minutes ago, Tainted_Fate said:

Problem is not only that she dominates, problem is HOW she dominates. By pressing one button at the start of the mission and just walking/standing around, at some scenarious can afford even few minutes AFK while everything is burning. Again, weapons are not needed, skill spam is not needed, aiming is not needed, recasting is not needed, team is not needed and even if there is a team, she outdamages basically any other warframe, its easy to get top % damage done. Is this ok to you? It feels cheese and that what I am trying to tell.

I can press 4 and watch how entire tile of enemies starts to beat the crap out of each other while playing on my RD Loki; I can press 4 and go to smoke while my RQ Banshee obliterates the entire room; I can press 3 and go make some tea while my puddle Hydroid slowly murders every enemy that comes near controll consoles on Interception mission. And the list goes on and on. So called "cheese" is necssary in WF due to how enemy scaling works. And if Ember was tuned to be usefull vs lvl 100+ enemies she would murder low-mid level mobs even faster. If anything, Ember should recieve a rework to become viable in high-tier missions.

Edited by HorridaMessor
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Tainted_Fate said:

This is very debatable statement, I dont know, maybe this changes within high MR, I run Sortie once it appears and forget about it, most of the time I spend farming resources, reputation, opening relics, how can u say that, maybe if biggest portion of a playerbase had 21+ MR this would be true.

Pls don't mix up MR which only shows how many weapons/frames/companions/archwings you leved to 30 and actual endgame which is Eidolon hunting/Raids/2h+ surv/def/int runs because high MR means absolutely nothing. I didn't matter before Draco was a thing (we had Xini back in ye olden times), after Draco it means even less.