The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Spores

Yeselectro

I really wonder if "The Sacrifice" is about sacrificing the plains. Because i really don't want to lose the plains, nor the Cetus. But that meteor thingy started to emit spores all over the plains. Help me figure out the next move it'll do!

Edited by Yeselectro

DE shouldn't have even done Umbra like this. Excal Prime (and the other founder gear) should have become Umbra. Umbra means darkness or shade, and the Founder gear was basically from the Dark Ages of Warframe, so it's even fitting thematically.

If all the Founder gear got replaced with Umbra gear, there's no need to explain it away, and then Excal and the other gear could just be added to the game the same way as regular prime stuff, so prime collectors can simply complete their collections.

Back on topic, we're not going to lose the plains OR Cetus after DE juuuuuust got them implemented. It's less than a month old, this event is going to last 10 days and then we'll return to normal (possibly with a crater or something as a permanent reminder)

3 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

If all the Founder gear got replaced with Umbra gear, there's no need to explain it away, and then Excal and the other gear could just be added to the game the same way as regular prime stuff, so prime collectors can simply complete their collections.

I love this idea.

not because it's good. It's a really really horrible idea but it would create so so much delicious salt.

Founders would be salty because Excalibur Prime lost its exclusivity and some people just bought founders because exclusivity

non founder would be salty because they would be getting the ugliest Prime in existance while founders got the clearly superior Umbra

1 hour ago, Helch0rn said:

I love this idea.

not because it's good. It's a really really horrible idea but it would create so so much delicious salt.

Founders would be salty because Excalibur Prime lost its exclusivity and some people just bought founders because exclusivity

non founder would be salty because they would be getting the ugliest Prime in existance while founders got the clearly superior Umbra

My friend Excalibur Prime is that frame that if you see it don't say anything it just highlights true veterancy.Umbra is umbra, all players going to have umbra excalibur. But Exc prime,scana prime and lato prime belongs to the founders.

Edited by B_R_A_B_U_S-v12

2 hours ago, Yeselectro said:

I really wonder if "The Sacrifice" is about sacrificing the plains. Because i really don't want to lose the plains, nor the Cetus. But that meteor thingy started to emit spores all over the plains. Help me figure out the next move it'll do!

And do you really think after a month of hotfix and economy tweak they will just blow Cetus up?

2 hours ago, Yeselectro said:

Yes, they spent months developing the plains just to make you sacrifice it to get a new shiny. Logic.

40 minutes ago, B_R_A_B_U_S-v12 said:

My friend Excalibur Prime is that frame that if you see it don't say anything it just highlights true veterancy.Umbra is umbra, all players going to have umbra excalibur. But Exc prime,scana prime and lato prime belongs to the founders.

9ZOgqGO.png

12 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

Even as a joke, this is bad when you need only look to Mag Prime for ugliest prime, while also tied for minimal visual difference from the normal counter-part with Frost Prime.

At least Excal P has gold and his key-face fits thematically with the Targis prime armor, so he's got fashion frame going for him.

Edited by Littleman88

1 hour ago, Littleman88 said:

Even as a joke, this is bad when you need only look to Mag Prime for ugliest prime, while also tied for minimal visual difference from the normal counter-part with Frost Prime.

At least Excal P has gold and his key-face fits thematically with the Targis prime armor, so he's got fashion frame going for him.

As much as I don't like Cyclops Prime, Excal prime is pretty damn ugly. The funny thing is that you say the prime can be fashion-framed, because of course it would take the rarest version of excal to make it look halfway decent while all the other versions/skin plus helmets are near impossible to make'm look good, especially the proto version.

2 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

As much as I don't like Cyclops Prime, Excal prime is pretty damn ugly. The funny thing is that you say the prime can be fashion-framed, because of course it would take the rarest version of excal to make it look halfway decent while all the other versions/skin plus helmets are near impossible to make'm look good, especially the proto version.

Well, I like normal and immortal excal too, Targis just doesn't look AS good on them.

But you know, it's all opinion. Just hard to take anyone that would call excal ugly seriously when mag P has... I don't even know what for a helmet.

25 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Well, I like normal and immortal excal too, Targis just doesn't look AS good on them.

But you know, it's all opinion. Just hard to take anyone that would call excal ugly seriously when mag P has... I don't even know what for a helmet.

tastes are different

you don't take anyone serious that likes mag prime

others don't take you serious because you like how keyface prime looks

12 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

You so sure about that? You're assumption is as good as op's.

Operation Plague Star
• This Operation is the result of the Infested Meteor -- it has not begun yet though
• Snipetron and Ether Daggers will return as rewards
• There will also be Infested Zaw pieces as rewards

from

Sure, opinion goes a very long way to validate the appearance of something.

What's interesting is when you get a sense for which frames work aesthetically and which don't. I'm part of the Haus of Fashionframe (the clan that the youtuber Hydroxate is part of) where we do weekly fashionframing and submissions between his videos, for a shot at being featured.
When it came to excalibur and especially his proto skin, people were struggling a lot to come up with genuinely good looking examples. We had several discussion (whining and complaining) about how frustrating it was.

As far as I'm concerned, excal lands neatly in the "doesn't work" pile. As for the prime, I'll take your word that it's easier to work with. Just a little bit of glinting metal goes a long way :D

Agreed. Excal is probably one of my top frames aesthetically. Especially w/ Caduto skin. MMm.

18 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

I love this idea.

I don't see how it's a horrible idea at all. 

Again, it's more thematically fitting, it'd be the same exact level of exclusivity (non-founders wouldn't have a way to get Umbra gear, it'd just be the Excal/Lato/Skana), so it'd still be visually iconic when you see one, but it'd be even more so. Everything is prime. Seeing Excal Prime is yet another Prime. Seeing Excal Umbra would be the ONLY Umbra. 

• Still keeps exclusivity promised to the founders (myself included, although I don't care about exclusivity)
  • Allows collectors to get full prime sets
  • Literally no downsides apart from whining

what's so horrible?

23 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

I don't see how it's a horrible idea at all. 

Again, it's more thematically fitting, it'd be the same exact level of exclusivity (non-founders wouldn't have a way to get Umbra gear, it'd just be the Excal/Lato/Skana), so it'd still be visually iconic when you see one, but it'd be even more so. Everything is prime. Seeing Excal Prime is yet another Prime. Seeing Excal Umbra would be the ONLY Umbra. 

• Still keeps exclusivity promised to the founders (myself included, although I don't care about exclusivity)
  • Allows collectors to get full prime sets
  • Literally no downsides apart from whining

what's so horrible?

if you can't see why a majority of the playerbase would be pissed off if DE gave founders more special treatment then I can't help you

4 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

if you can't see why a majority of the playerbase would be pissed off if DE gave founders more special treatment then I can't help you

I don't think you understand.

I'm just saying that Excal/Skana/Lato Prime should be swapped to Excal/Skana/Lato Umbra.

This would keep the exact same amount of exclusive content, but basically with a different skin, and give the entire playerbase the ability to have complete collections of prime gear.

That, and it means that there's no reason to waste time making more Umbra content, like DE mentioned in passing. Umbra was their way of adding a 'prime alternative' for non founders, so everyone could get an Excal with prime-equivalent stats, but there's no reason to add every frame in Umbra form too (it would just be insanely cluttered).

Giving founders Umbra instead of Prime sort of shuffles them off into their own category, which is why I was trying to make the distinction of how unremarkable Prime gear is to see. It would be more indicative of who is a founder, without giving them any more advantage over anyone else, whilst allowing everyone to have complete collections. It's an issue for founders too, I have one of every warframe, and two of every Prime (Except Saryn, who I have 5 Primes of), but I can't get a second Excal prime, and it'd be great to complete my collection.

I'd completely honestly prefer if they could just make it 100% non-exclusive. I think early exclusivity is horrible, and I've argued time and time again that every single weapon or warframe should be available in cycles at the very least (like how they're bringing back older Wraith/Vandal/Prime gear in events and stuff). DE always shoots down the idea, because apparently it's legally binding or some drivel. However, we know that the gear can be changed, since Excal got a rework, and the other Prime founder gear got PBR treatment, so it's not unreasonable to think that we could get it swapped over to Umbra. In the absence of removing the exclusivity, I want everyone to be able to have nice complete sets, because so much of this game is about farming and completing sets of things.

To use your own words; if you can't see why a majority of the playerbase would be glad to have universal access to primes, without giving any additional special treatment to founders at all, then I can't help you.