Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounty runs finally pay off!!

Velveteen

After running bounties for Gara parts, I finally got it!!! I finally got Redirection!!  What a joyful ride full of juicy rewards. Man I'm gonna enjoy this fresh Redirection which I got maxed since MR3 or MR4! After all the bugs and glitches, lost loot, yada yada, I finally got it! On a serious note, I don't really care about Gara, except for the MR points but for the love of all that is good switch the rewards, put 500 kuva or 1k kuva in there, put 300-400 endo just put something worth getting not some basic mods that you get from a Earth run for f***s sake. Yea yea nobody is forcing anybody to play bounties yada yada yada but the drop tables are just sickening. Farming Gara or just reputation, they are just disgusting and off putting for old players. Removing the grind wall. Boy I sure love how that wall thinned down huh. Better yet maybe put Sentirum or Nyth in there? Like 1 of each. At least it will be something of value not some basic mods you max at mr3 or mr4. Just put something of value or utility as a reward, make it rewarding. 

DE puts rewards for veteran players into T1 - 2 bounties,

''There's no reason for new players to run bounties!''

DE adds new player mods into T1 - 2 bounties,

''I'm fed up of getting rubbish rewards!''

DE can't win in this situation so they have to go with what's arguably best, besides Gara parts we really shouldn't be running low tier bounties for their rewards, all the rewards that are aimed at veteran players are in T3-5. That is fine, there's a place for new players to get arguably useful rewards, and a place for high level people to get their arguably useful rewards. It's the lesser of 3 evils.

Kuva and such are not helpful to very new players - redirection and the like on the other hand, is. That's why bounties are "tiered". Do higher ones if you don't want redirection lol. TBH, the 2 wisps in the T5 feels like way more of a slap than a redirection in a T1.

3 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

They're already fixing this. The rewards are fine the way they are for the earlier levels. Farming warframe have always been tedious, grindy and annoying. 

Yes, while I agree with out cause I grinded this game to hell and back, I don't mind Gara being hard to farm *cough* early Nezha *cough*, I'm talking about the rewards. I mean just COME ON, vitality and redirection? 40 endo or how much it is? This isn't normal no matter if you are a new player or veteran, it's just off putting. 

4 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Kuva and such are not helpful to very new players - redirection and the like on the other hand, is. That's why bounties are "tiered". Do higher ones if you don't want redirection lol. TBH, the 2 wisps in the T5 feels like way more of a slap than a redirection in a T1.

Problem here is it's a common mod you get from Earth..from Earth. Where you breathe towards you enemies and they die. How is that normal? And by the time the average newbie joe gets in Cetus and PoE they would already have those mods. So how is that even acceptable as a reward? It's not like it's maxed or half ranked up to be worth? So what's the deal?

1 minute ago, CalmAndHappy said:

Just wait for fix in bountys. Until they add rewards for each finishd tier of bounty in my opinion its not worth doing atm

Stopped doing bounties long ago. Set mods are worthless except for 1 or 2 mods from there, rewards are meh, I'm capping and getting standing from fish. Easy and relaxing to do. 

4 minutes ago, Velveteen said:

Yes, while I agree with out cause I grinded this game to hell and back, I don't mind Gara being hard to farm *cough* early Nezha *cough*, I'm talking about the rewards. I mean just COME ON, vitality and redirection? 40 endo or how much it is? This isn't normal no matter if you are a new player or veteran, it's just off putting. 

well, as we said, there is a fix that will give you at least 3 rewards. So at the very least you will get 160 endo, and this is for the first bounty which most veteran players don't really have to do once they get gara. Getting S#&$ty rewards while farming for something has always been a thing. Example is low level spy for ivara. Nothing really good there except maybe a relic. 

Drop distribution in general rewards too much junk. This is not just limited to bounties, but endless rotations, spy vaults, ect. It is either win big or lose big.

A token system would solve this problem, but devs are afraid of giving players too much choice, because RNG increases play time. If you have a set cost per item, a set number of items, and a set reward per mission you can calculate exactly how long it would take to clear out the store and consume all the content. RNG makes the finish line to complete content a bit more fuzzy, creates meaningful fails (ohhh nooo another freaking steel fiber) and meaningful wins (yay a "super rare" gold mod).

It is Gambling vs. Work, gambling is more fun in the short term and work is more rewarding in the long term. So, short tasks should have more RNG and long tasks should have less RNG, because waiting 20 minutes to roll the dice and getting snake eyes sucks.

Edited by Pyus

19 minutes ago, Retrospecter said:

My favorite thing I've gotten from PoE is shooting down a dargyn pilot, dropping a Sudden Impact mod.

Bounty rewards will be changed soonish, possibly to coincide with the event update.

Realest and most challenging task in PoE so far I've come so far is shooting the dargyn pilot down form his flying buzzer and THEN trying to kill him before he falls down..with spira. That was the hardest thing in PoE I ever pulled off. Nailed it only once but it was satisfying. 

Just a consideration, it is the starting world, so drop tables shouldn't be too far off from what you'd find elsewhere on earth. Hopefully they'll step it up slightly with 'Mounts of Venus' and onward and by the time they get to the 'Depths of Uranus' it'll be the newbies complaining there's nothing to do. (Lets just hope they come up with better names than I did)

42 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

DE puts rewards for veteran players into T1 - 2 bounties,

''There's no reason for new players to run bounties!''

DE adds new player mods into T1 - 2 bounties,

''I'm fed up of getting rubbish rewards!''

DE can't win in this situation so they have to go with what's arguably best, besides Gara parts we really shouldn't be running low tier bounties for their rewards, all the rewards that are aimed at veteran players are in T3-5. That is fine, there's a place for new players to get arguably useful rewards, and a place for high level people to get their arguably useful rewards. It's the lesser of 3 evils.

Except that if you remove set mods + Breath of Eidolon, Tiers 1-5 bounties have all trash tier rewards. Bounties should not give a single cetus wisp. They should also not give traces, relics, uncommon stances, or anything of the sort. Hopefully the next syndicate .... err, I mean event .... has better rewards in those bounties.

38 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Except that if you remove set mods + Breath of Eidolon, Tiers 1-5 bounties have all trash tier rewards. Bounties should not give a single cetus wisp. They should also not give traces, relics, uncommon stances, or anything of the sort. Hopefully the next syndicate .... err, I mean event .... has better rewards in those bounties.

'Except that', except what? You make this sound like a grand counter point, it really doesn't feel like it.

You are correct, if you remove all the main reasons people run bounties, there is no reason to run bounties. That kinda just feels like a "no **** Sherlock" kinda comment.

The rest is just stuff you personally don't want to be getting, fine, I'm sure there are people out there who do want that stuff though. To the man who has everything, no reward feels worthwhile. A wise man once told me that, made me write it down and everything.

I agree that getting a single Cetus Wisp sucks, getting a god awful uncommon stance you have 500 of already sucks and getting relics for primes you already have sucks. But not everything can be balanced around those that have everything, there's got to be stuff for the newer players, and even mid tier players. This is DE's first open world, they've put a ton of effort into advertising and sponsoring to bring in new players. It stands to reason that PoE should be focused towards new players, the fact that it originally wasn't is one of the biggest facepalms I think I've done.

I concede that a single Wisp is too low, x3 for the T4 mission and x5 for the T5 would be more reasonable imo.

The 'Wise Man' was me btw, I made myself write it down in this post. Wanted to lend a certain level of gravitas to my post. 

Edited by DeMonkey

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

'Except that', except what? You make this sound like a grand counter point, it really doesn't feel like it.

You are correct, if you remove all the main reasons people run bounties, there is no reason to run bounties. That kinda just feels like a "no **** Sherlock" kinda comment.

The rest is just stuff you personally don't want to be getting, fine, I'm sure there are people out there who do want that stuff though. To the man who has everything, no reward feels worthwhile. A wise man once told me that, made me write it down and everything.

I agree that getting a single Cetus Wisp sucks, getting a god awful uncommon stance you have 500 of already sucks and getting relics for primes you already have sucks. But not everything can be balanced around those that have everything, there's got to be stuff for the newer players, and even mid tier players. This is DE's first open world, they've put a ton of effort into advertising and sponsoring to bring in new players. It stands to reason that PoE should be focused towards new players, the fact that it originally wasn't is one of the biggest facepalms I think I've done.

I concede that a single Wisp is too low, x3 for the T4 mission and x5 for the T5 would be more reasonable imo.

Tier 5 bounty isn't meant for brand new players. T1-T2 has permission to be mediocre rewards, but 1 Axi Relic for a 5 part level 50 mission is no excuse. It isn't rocket science. The highest tier bounty should have something in every tier that is related to the plains such as 200x Pyrol, 15x Cetus Wisps, 5x Breath of the Eidolon, Furax Wraith, Set mods, and 5x Nyth. There should be no instance where a level 40+ mission in the plains should give you 100 Void Traces, 1 single cetus wisp, or a relic. You can do a single night run with a Nova for Wormholes and get 5-6 wisps WITHOUT a booster in less than 5 minutes. 

It is a time vs reward aspect. The rewards I said "except for" are the reason you do bounties. Many players do it for reputation, and others do it because they want to fight level 60 enemies. Rewarding players for a T3-T5 bounty with something plains related in a sum equal to their time investment isn't hard and honestly annoying that it isn't changed accordingly.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

54 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Tier 5 bounty isn't meant for brand new players.

I never said it was. Strawman.

54 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

T1-T2 has permission to be mediocre rewards, but 1 Axi Relic for a 5 part level 50 mission is no excuse. It isn't rocket science. The highest tier bounty should have something in every tier that is related to the plains such as 200x Pyrol, 15x Cetus Wisps, 5x Breath of the Eidolon, Furax Wraith, Set mods, and 5x Nyth. There should be no instance where a level 40+ mission in the plains should give you 100 Void Traces, 1 single cetus wisp, or a relic. You can do a single night run with a Nova for Wormholes and get 5-6 wisps WITHOUT a booster in less than 5 minutes. 

It is a time vs reward aspect. The rewards I said "except for" are the reason you do bounties. Many players do it for reputation, and others do it because they want to fight level 60 enemies. Rewarding players for a T3-T5 bounty with something plains related in a sum equal to their time investment isn't hard and honestly annoying that it isn't changed accordingly.

I'm so glad that T1/2 bounties have your permission to be aimed at newer players. I'm sure DE are truly thankful.

And I'm sorry but what? 200 Pyrol for a T5 bounty? Given recipes generally seem to require 40-60 that's well above what DE are ever going to put in the table.

Same for most of your suggestions, a T5 bounty will take you 10-15 minutes to solo (depending on the missions it gives), let alone run with a squad, Axi Relics were (until recently ofc) only found in rotation B/C of Survivals/Defences/Interception. So how exactly is that all that different? 10-15 minutes running a bounty vs 10-15 minutes doing an interception or survival.

How long does it take to run 4/5 fissures to get 100 traces? It's probably longer than 10/15 minutes. A survival will take you 20/25 minutes to get that much.

At the end of the day rewarding players in a 'sum equal' to time invested is ridiculously hard because each 'reward' is uniquely rewarding. For someone with 0 traces getting 100 of them from a bounty as opposed to opening like 5 relics is very rewarding for time invested. For you, not so much. I'm genuinely quite baffled by you saying it isn't hard, sounds like hyperbole to me.

You are coming off far too arrogant, giving permission, dictating what is and what isn't fair, stating annoyance that things aren't changed for you. Yeah, I'm gunna pass on continuing this. I'll just let you stew in your bubble.

Side note: Seriously, these bounties aren't aimed at vets, nor should you expect a ton of rewarding loot for veterans if levels only go as high as 60. Sorties are the highly rewarding places where I could potentially see 5x Nyth or 200x Pyrol being located (not actually suggesting it, just making a point), 3 missions ending against level 100 enemies for a single high value reward per day. An easily repeatable 5 part mission will simply never be that rewarding. Especially not when they're adding in rewards per stage.

Edited by DeMonkey

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DeMonkey:

Side note: Seriously, these bounties aren't aimed at vets, nor should you expect a ton of rewarding loot for veterans if levels only go as high as 60. Sorties are the highly rewarding places where I could potentially see 5x Nyth or 200x Pyrol being located (not actually suggesting it, just making a point), 3 missions ending against level 100 enemies for a single high value reward per day. An easily repeatable 5 part mission will simply never be that rewarding. Especially not when they're adding in rewards per stage.

I hope you're joking because they rarely reward at all. Bounties feel so much more rewarding than sorties.

Obligatory sortie meme incoming:

Spoiler

EpdtJLq.jpg

But the thing about bounties rewarding per stage sounds actually quite promising. Maybe it turns out that they don't have to increase relics or wisps any further. But we'll see.

Also, get outta here @DeMonkey and @--Q--Voltage for wasting your time arguing about bounties when sorties since their release date are the major problem for disappointment per effort wasted.

6 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

I hope you're joking because they rarely reward at all. Bounties feel so much more rewarding than sorties.

Obligatory sortie meme incoming:

Reveal hidden contents

EpdtJLq.jpg

But the thing about bounties rewarding per stage sounds actually quite promising. Maybe it turns out that they don't have to increase relics or wisps any further. But we'll see.

Also, get outta here @DeMonkey and @--Q--Voltage for wasting your time arguing about bounties when sorties since their release date are the major problem for disappointment per effort wasted.

Bounties feel more rewarding than Sorties because Bounties have new loot you don't have yet and provide standing for more new loot, unlike Sorties.

I said Sorties are 'the' highly rewarding place, as in, 'this is where high value rewards are located'. Whether they're valuable to you or not doesn't really matter, they're still the place where high value rewards go.

Also, why shouldn't we argue about it? Its actually on topic unlike a Sortie rant.

12 hours ago, Zanchak said:

That kind of have been bothering me for awhile. I'm glad we are getting that bounty drop change, but could they also turn that wisp reward into like 5 - 7. The ONLY 1 WISP, is kind of a slap to the face, especially when you see the costs in some resource builds. XD The redirection in T1 for fighting lvl 10 and below, yeah it sucks but the wisp thing hurts more.

13 hours ago, Velveteen said:

After running bounties for Gara parts, I finally got it!!! I finally got Redirection!!  What a joyful ride full of juicy rewards. Man I'm gonna enjoy this fresh Redirection which I got maxed since MR3 or MR4! After all the bugs and glitches, lost loot, yada yada, I finally got it! On a serious note, I don't really care about Gara, except for the MR points but for the love of all that is good switch the rewards, put 500 kuva or 1k kuva in there, put 300-400 endo just put something worth getting not some basic mods that you get from a Earth run for f***s sake. Yea yea nobody is forcing anybody to play bounties yada yada yada but the drop tables are just sickening. Farming Gara or just reputation, they are just disgusting and off putting for old players. Removing the grind wall. Boy I sure love how that wall thinned down huh. Better yet maybe put Sentirum or Nyth in there? Like 1 of each. At least it will be something of value not some basic mods you max at mr3 or mr4. Just put something of value or utility as a reward, make it rewarding. 

These are already on the reward table. Just saying.

12 hours ago, Dead_Rabbits said:

After 3 days of repeating bounty 3 for around 20 runs per day I gave up and bought Gara, the grind just isn't worth it for such a subpar frame.

The grind doesn't even stop when you get the parts. Once you have the parts you have to grind the resources to build her.

To be honest some of those new resources should be in the drop tables at least then even if you don't get a gara drop you are still making progress to completing her.