The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow, Kavat or Helminth?

Vicsvinny

28 minutes ago, Vicsvinny said:

Which one do you prefer the most?

Taxon. I occasionally use my Adarza, but 99% of the time my Sentinel is better. my Taxon can restore my shields, slow down enemies, vacuum up loot drops and revive me if I go down. Helminth Chargers and Kubrows need a serious buff to get even close to that level of usefulness. thankfully Scott said he would look into "Pets 2.0" in the last Devstream, so I hope he gives Kubrows an actual reason to be used.

and just give them innate Vacuum already. doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense, everyone wants Vacuum for all companions.

Day to day... helios prime for the auto scanning due to wanting to fill out my codex so I can use it's 'weak point' mod later on.  Used to be carrier though.

Teralyst... adarza kavat usually with harrow for all the crit buffing. 

Farming... smeeta kavat for that super rare chance of doubling up rewards

Kubrows/Helminth, while they're fully forma'd just like my prime sentinels and my main 2 kavats (I have more than 2) they just don't get used very much and the main reasons are the AI sucks on most of them (huras isn't bad) and the other reason is the system required to defrost them, I either need to stump up 10k to defrost or wait 30 mins and there's the fact I first need to go to ANOTHER console to select the one to defrost before I can even pick it in the arsenal... this really could do with some quality of life improvements and ideally lose the cost incurred with defrosting/maintaining to 'encourage' us to use them more.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Dean_Alor said:

Inaros Questline, 2nd Step. 

Search for players who have not completed the quest yet. 12-20 DNA per run.

11 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

Really? Because I wanted to do the quest today :D

Pretty sure that got patched out a while ago, sure it was in some patch notes...could be wrong though it's been a while.

Edited by LSG501

Me personally, I like the Kavat. (Only one I've played with is Smeeta), mainly because I like the way I've customized her, but also I modded her to hit like a freight train, and can completely get rid of enemy armour. No clue how I managed to pull that off, but I'm cool with it.

I haven't bred a Helminth yet, so I can't tell you how I personally feel about it. Planning on doing it soon though.

I love Carrier P for it's ammo mutation, and vacuum is a great QoL buff.

However I switched to Smeeta, because variety. Adzara is fine too.

I want to love helminth, but he is just too useless, compared to options above. Retorted AI kubrows have doesn't help either. 

Real kubrows haven't left stasis since the moment they reached level 30 (some didn't even get that far) . Except the one with the kinky name. But I don't use him out of concern he'll get reported by people gravely offended by silly kubrow names because that's how WF community seems to roll nowadays (but did use him in solo missions where there was nobody to be offended by arse jokes).

I actually use them quite often when I think about it. Would use them more if I didn't have to take them in/out of stasis every time.
Smeeta Kavat when I'm farming kuva/fish/ores/whatever.
Adarza Kavat for Eidolon captures.
Huras Kubrow for cheesy/lazy sorties.
Sahasa Kubrow when solo farming relics with Quake Banshee.
Helminth Charger not so much, I did put some forma into it to test out 6/6 Hunter set bonus.
(It was fun for about 10 min)

If I had to choose it would be Smeeta. When the charm proc hits at just the right time, oh baby