Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luminous Dye Not working after update

yingji

I did some testing.  First if the dye you throw is too close to the shoreline it wont work.  It needs to be thrown into the water farther out than it used to.  Also, I turned off almost all the graphics settings and relaunced the game.  It worked!  So I guess on low end systems fishing is fine.  It's still super buggy and wont work for me with all the graphics settings turned on.  I would really rather it just work the way it was before the update.  Man that update.....  Ugh..

Similar bug since update to fishing: Luminos Dye is sporadically working or not working at all. I've also noticed you basically have to be in the water to get the fish cycle to start. Moving can change/ restart it - but you have to move. Fish spawn 'over there' and not in front of the tenno.

1 minute ago, Guru-Tata said:

same. Luminos Dye sporadically working. It seems to work most often in the lake in front of cetus. But never around where you throw the buoy.

it worked once when I was fishing at night in the ocean, then I used it again in the same spot but didn't work >.> 

very annoying. it's basically a requirement since made ocean water pitch black. you'll say "it's to make it realistic" but it's the freaking shores, they aren't suppose to be that dark. and all the important fish is there as well 

I just got a 30-day booster and it's USELESS now because I can't do my fishing with the luminous dye properly. DE really needs to fix this bug or else I'm gonna have to ask them to refund the 30-day booster...

I've also noticed that sometimes even BAIT refuses to work... I've wasted a LOT of bait and a lot of luminous dye over the last few days... and this is getting ridiculous.

Just an example here's my latest screenshot of the Fishing system that's bugged out and broken.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1235212536

If  you can see in the picture, there ARE fish there, just not Murkray, nor are any of the fish there lit up as the Luminous Dye SHOULD show them as.
If you also can't see anything, you also can't tell if there are any of the rare fish there... but this... if Goopola, Maws and Charc fish are the only ones you can VISIBLY see correctly, how are  you to fish?

Edited by Hawksbri
Adding towards post without adding more posts.

4 hours ago, HedrusPrime said:

I did some testing.  First if the dye you throw is too close to the shoreline it wont work.  It needs to be thrown into the water farther out than it used to.  Also, I turned off almost all the graphics settings and relaunced the game.  It worked!  So I guess on low end systems fishing is fine.  It's still super buggy and wont work for me with all the graphics settings turned on.  I would really rather it just work the way it was before the update.  Man that update.....  Ugh..

i was with a friend who was playing on a low end system and his dye was working fine, so i thought maybe its just a graphical bug. lowered graphics and nothing, tho ididnt reload the game.. ill try that next time. tho if it comes down to no dye or low graphics.. guess im not fishing with dye

On 12/13/2017 at 11:43 AM, TheEdIsNotAmused said:

And Its not just impacting fishing.  I was running bounties at night and the lighting would randomly go SUPER dark, to the point where it makes navigation difficult.  Playing with lighting/graphics settings has not helped.  

Basically, plains at night are semi-broken right now.  Avoid.

That could be due to the new weather patterns they have implemented. If it's cloudy, or cloudy and raining, that would impact your ability to see. But as they outlined in the patch notes it also makes you harder to be seen. i suppose it is kind of like real life. When it's raining and cloudy at night it becomes harder to see. Perhaps they were trying to mimic that affect

Same Here. Dyes work Sporadically, and bait does not seem to work at all like it used to, if at all.  I have thrown, as of now, multiple glappid baits (Approx 6) in the same general area off the left side coast (When facing the gates to Cetus) and caught 1 glappid. I wasted about 9 luminous dyes, 6 murkray baits ... (Which showed up for my friend???) and 3 twilight baits. Can we please make the Group share bait thing a separate blueprint or something? I miss being able to fish.

Another fishing bug: I'm not sure if its due to the presence of invisible rocks, but sometimes the fishing spear doesn't catch the fish. Correct spear, + Volt. Happened even when point blank, so it might not be due to the throwing falloff.

If anyone's struggling, my best advice to you guys is to fish with Equinox with decent range, max efficiency, and max Flow. Use her 4 (day or night, doesn't matter), and you'll be able to see the fish better. Not as effective as bug-less dye, but it's far better than this mess.

5 hours ago, Raspberri said:

If anyone's struggling, my best advice to you guys is to fish with Equinox with decent range, max efficiency, and max Flow. Use her 4 (day or night, doesn't matter), and you'll be able to see the fish better. Not as effective as bug-less dye, but it's far better than this mess.

What energy color are you using? I've been trying it, but I haven't been able to see the fish. Granted I'm on low settings all around, but still...

It wasn't as bad when fishing for Mortus Lungfish, as their pale bodies show up well against the night sky's reflection, but that's about it. I can't fish at night anymore because I can't see where the fish are. Dye doesn't highlight them, nothing else I can think of does so... I just want to fish at night, but the Luminous Dye doesn't work.

Edited by MayuriK12
Adding more points.

On 12/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, Nanophage said:

I wasn't paying attention to that I was more concerned about the lack of effectiveness though I can test that as well next time I go out to fish at night. So far the only thing I have noticed is the problem with the first thing you throw being the only thing that works.

Yeah this is pretty much what happens to me.  It's not just dye that's broken; bait is fairly borked as well.

To me it appears to be that no fish spawn at all. I got a three hours ressources booster and tried to go fishing, then I noticed rain and thought "Yay, even more fish", got a buff from my kavat and threw everything I had into the sea... to waste three minutes, sitting there for nothing....

8 hours ago, VentusVero said:

rI7G3sU.jpg

Has DE responded to this yet? Cant even find a known issues thread.

Some acknowledgment would be nice. Digging through threads now, but 2 weeks later and no hotfix?

Hoping it will be fixed with today's update - but some words from DE in the meantime would be appreciated.

I threw some dye into the lake to see if it was fixed and it miraculously worked for me, came here to check if that meant it was fixed and disappointed to see people still having problems... 

44Jho3L.jpg

Maybe 'cos I got the dye quite far away or because it was the first one I used, like a previous poster suggested, it worked. But still, considering fish are important for crafting arcanes along with earning Cetus reputation and so on, this is stifling progression. I'm working on my last set of arcanes but haven't been able to progress in two weeks because of this, as such I've stopped killing the eidolon too, as I won't be able to craft the arcanes I purchase. Hello? DE? Are you there? Say SOMETHING. Do SOMETHING.

Edited by SpaceSheepie