Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luminous Dye Not working after update

yingji

Same problem, and also, it is just me or this is working like before, what I mean is that I throw the dye in the water but it still works two meters around me no matter where I am.

PD: they also should reduce the shine of the sun in the water a little or putting the hotspots in more convenient places, the shine is so much that I cant even see the hotspot on foot, lets not talk about the fishes.

10 hours ago, Setakat said:

I noticed this bug myself several times this weekends. Did you encounter any Eidolon vomvalysts prior to this (as in them wondering over and shooting at you) because each time this bug happened for me a vomvalyst had started attacking.

yes! i see that, i had no idea why they would attack me since i didnt even shot or sometimes even notice them. previously they would just move around.

8 hours ago, Foefaller said:

So, after some of my own experimentation, I think I've figured out at least 4/5ths of the bug.

Technically, Dye still works. I can even show you SS of today to prove it. The problem is when they made it work like bait, they made it work exactly like bait; if that dye doesn't land in a fishing hotspot, it doesn't work, period. If the fishing hotspot moves, the dye will stop working, just like bait.

Every time I threw the dye to fish from just anywhere, it never worked. However, if I used it at a fishing hotspot (though it sometimes took a couple of tries to hit the "right" spot) the dye would work, and as far as I could tell, as long as I didn't stray too far it worked like the old dye, only highlighting fish that you could spear, not simply all the fish in the area.

This doesn't seem to be the case, or in the very least, is just as inconsistent.

WAz4Sv4.png

Hot spot on either side of me, but you can see one of the stirs above me. Murkray bait and dye are in the water and you can see a goopolla below them vividly, but not illuminated. This dye change was probably something no one really wanted.

Edited by Junseikei

It's not working for me either, most of the time. I've had it work randomly, and then just stop working in the same location. Here's a screenshot of it not working - you can see the fish *right next to the dye and not being highlighted*.

pDQVe1S.jpg

There's also a thread on reddit talking about bait not working in conjunction with dye. This is blocking me as I need Norg bits to move up in Ostron standing and I've wasted a bunch of bait (not Norg bait yet) trying to catch fish that just don't appear, or maybe they do and I can't see them because the dye doesn't work!)

Curious. Don't suppose anyone was with you?

My daughter and I were playing two nights ago. She was doing a lot of fishing and started complaining that the dye stopped working even after she tossing in a fresh one. Since they changed it so the theyy would work at the squad level, I ran over to the spot she was fishing. Her dye was working perfectly for me, but I could see on her screen it wasn't for her.

The Vormalyst attacks being involved is an interesting theory. Have to try that out.

6 hours ago, Junseikei said:

This doesn't seem to be the case, or in the very least, is just as inconsistent.

WAz4Sv4.png

Hot spot on either side of me, but you can see one of the stirs above me. Murkray bait and dye are in the water and you can see a goopolla below them vividly, but not illuminated. This dye change was probably something no one really wanted.

Well, I did say it was 4/5s the bug.

The last part seems to be some sort of stacking issue; If you use most types of bait before the dye, the dye doesn't work. If you use the dye before the bait, most baits don't seem to work either.

Since I believe that's the same case with bait on bait, I'm also going to chalk it up to the dye being too much like bait.

I've had this and it's hard to pin down all of the factors.

Fishing during the day with a friend, myself as host everything worked fine at first but after a while her dyes stopped working but mine worked.  However both stopped working after maybe 15 minutes.

Later after the host of a Eidion hunt exited I stopped to grab some Norg on the way out but my dye wasn't working.  Hard to say who the host was at that point as we were shown as 3 & 4.

1 hour ago, Foefaller said:

Well, I did say it was 4/5s the bug.

The last part seems to be some sort of stacking issue; If you use most types of bait before the dye, the dye doesn't work. If you use the dye before the bait, most baits don't seem to work either.

Since I believe that's the same case with bait on bait, I'm also going to chalk it up to the dye being too much like bait.

I know. I only posted the one image, but I tried it several times, dye first or dye second, none of which activated after the initial throw. Initial throws always seem to work (for me, even when not near a spot with those stirs), but once that first dye runs out, good luck. Also, initial throws have been working completely fine for me: dye works and bait works, regardless of where I am (hotspot or not).

I really don't like the notion of doing 1 round of fishing and leaving the Plains, going back into Cetus and going back out again. Especially since the update, Cetus randomly doesn't load and I fall into the actual void. Wastes so much time of the already limited nightfall.

Edited by Junseikei

I know this kind of thread, regarding the dye as 'Broken' is repeated and common, but I also wanted to add another infuriating tidbit I'm having, is that everytime I use the dye, to me, it's 50/50 chance of working, which is frustrating enough as is but what's worse is that for Bait and Dyes? Every time I throw either-or? it consumes TWO Dye or TWO bait, now this is @(*()$ idiotic because it then can waste really really expensive bait that I'm trying to use but now don't want to, because it's consuming twice the amount, so if I have 100 bait for Norg, I only ACTUALLY have 50? F*** that.

Why would it consume TWO!? Why I'm in a rush about it and want to use the bait anyways, even if it pisses me off like so, is because I bought a 3 day booster for resources JUST FOR FISHING, so that means my booster will be a complete waste either because of Double-thrown dyes/bait, or it will be a waste because 40 platinum down the drain because the fishing is, essentially broken during this time, and if I wait - then the booster is gone and I don't get double the fish.

Think I can request a Plat refund or item-return of any sort?

3 hours ago, Raedwulfe said:

Curious. Don't suppose anyone was with you?

My daughter and I were playing two nights ago. She was doing a lot of fishing and started complaining that the dye stopped working even after she tossing in a fresh one. Since they changed it so the theyy would work at the squad level, I ran over to the spot she was fishing. Her dye was working perfectly for me, but I could see on her screen it wasn't for her.

The Vormalyst attacks being involved is an interesting theory. Have to try that out.

This happened to my fiance and I. My dye worked for her, but not me, and vice versa.

Also sometimes now Dyes/Baits just don't work depending on what you throw in first. If you throw in a bait first often the Dye won't work and vice versa if you throw in the dye first none of the baited fish will appear.

Examples:

1. I am aiming at a murkray here but it isn't highlighted.
https://imgur.com/LfjmvlS

2. Aiming at a Small Tralok with a Dye on screen, followed by the capture of the little guy.
Aiming: https://imgur.com/G5hRaxP
Capture: https://imgur.com/d2p9q5z

3. Cuthol bait is out, I am aiming at a Cuthol, the dye is still not working.
https://imgur.com/Oojps3D

4. Finally I threw out a dye, nothing happened, then I let it sink and threw out another which still did nothing. Then I threw another dye as far as I could without moving to the other side of the pond and THAT dye started working WITH the bait. It was weird.
https://imgur.com/9tmaHWM

1 hour ago, Nanophage said:

Also sometimes now Dyes/Baits just don't work depending on what you throw in first. If you throw in a bait first often the Dye won't work and vice versa if you throw in the dye first none of the baited fish will appear.

Examples:

1. I am aiming at a murkray here but it isn't highlighted.
https://imgur.com/LfjmvlS

2. Aiming at a Small Tralok with a Dye on screen, followed by the capture of the little guy.
Aiming: https://imgur.com/G5hRaxP
Capture: https://imgur.com/d2p9q5z

3. Cuthol bait is out, I am aiming at a Cuthol, the dye is still not working.
https://imgur.com/Oojps3D

4. Finally I threw out a dye, nothing happened, then I let it sink and threw out another which still did nothing. Then I threw another dye as far as I could without moving to the other side of the pond and THAT dye started working WITH the bait. It was weird.
https://imgur.com/9tmaHWM

Does it consume 2 of each for you too? Or is it just me?

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Foefaller:

The problem is when they made it work like bait, they made it work exactly like bait; if that dye doesn't land in a fishing hotspot, it doesn't work, period. If the fishing hotspot moves, the dye will stop working, just like bait.

Not just that, there's another part to this as well: You can't have two active baits in one hotspot. So whatever you throw as second won't work. Bait, then dye: Dye doesn't work. Dye, then bait: You get shiny fish, but nothing you baited for. So until they fix this bug, you'll have to turn your monitor's brightness to the max if you want to bait for rare night fish.

Edited by Bibliothekar

I think it's somehow tied to world geometry or something?

I've seen people throwing lots of dyes in a small area (like, 2m radius) to no effect but last night I experimented (because I really, really needed Norgs to level up my Ostron standing) and at the lake:

1. I threw the bait in at the active spot
2. threw a dye in, but it didn't activate
3. went along the bank a good 5 meters and threw a dye in, and it activated!
4. did the same thing in the other direction, it also activated!

The result was I could see a bunch of fish and catch the Norg I needed.

I wasn't paying attention to that I was more concerned about the lack of effectiveness though I can test that as well next time I go out to fish at night. So far the only thing I have noticed is the problem with the first thing you throw being the only thing that works.