Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luminous Dye Not working after update

yingji

Alright I know it has been stated several times here that fishing is impossilbe now because of the broken luminous dye, but I just can't stand it, I have to come in here to show my frustation to DE in the delay of fixing this bug. Plains of eidolon is a pretty place and all, but your scarcely find anything interesting to do, fishing was one of them and maybe was the only thing that brought me back to the plains, but guess what! DE broke it, it's completly and utterly frustating to try and throw a dye in the whatever to be able to actually see the fish, because the water is opaque as hell and for some stupid reason it doesn't work, it just won't work, then you throw another and another until one of them work and in the process you just wasted a lot of resource and time in something that should be easily done. I beg you DE fix this bug once and for all!!

1 hour ago, -Vasto- said:

What do you guys expect from small Indie developer and open beta game.. 

Yea but i lose tons of baits and dyes yesterday, i do no't recommend to fish until patch. 

Ha! Good one. You must be new here. They're big enough that some stranger was able to breach security, just waltzing into their office with other people. They're not some small intimate indie group working in a basement underground with water dripping from the ceiling on their Grineer sketches.

Also they attempted to fix something that wasn't broken with dyes, changing them from something that works on whatever spot of water and 'follows' you to an item that is put into the world and the effects of are stationary, just to get us to craft more, so don't gimme that.

Instead of doing this they could have worked on the terrible path issues the lures have, getting stuck and trapped on Grineer nets and pipes. But yeah, sure, boo hoo, poor, poor tiny small indie developers DE. Poor them.

Edited by SpaceSheepie

I noticed this bug myself several times this weekends. Did you encounter any Eidolon vomvalysts prior to this (as in them wondering over and shooting at you) because each time this bug happened for me a vomvalyst had started attacking.

No idea why that would cause this particular bug, but its not the 1st time I've seen a bug introduced by a change/event in what should be a completely unrelated part of the game.

Edited by Setakat

It's almost like one of those things a typical asian cash grab mmo would 'break' to force people into paying preium in-game currency (gold, gems, plat) to buy instead.

I'm sure DE would never do such a thing.

Although you can buy rare fish items for plat. Which must be unrelated!

That's not the only bug, not sure if I'm the only one but Luminous Dye and also the Baits always seem to consume two of the bait instead of a single one, but yeah the luminous dye is terrible now, does not work at all and if it works it shows like a single fish and that's it, not worth it especially when throwing one consumes two of em...

So, after some of my own experimentation, I think I've figured out at least 4/5ths of the bug.

Technically, Dye still works. I can even show you SS of today to prove it. The problem is when they made it work like bait, they made it work exactly like bait; if that dye doesn't land in a fishing hotspot, it doesn't work, period. If the fishing hotspot moves, the dye will stop working, just like bait.

Every time I threw the dye to fish from just anywhere, it never worked. However, if I used it at a fishing hotspot (though it sometimes took a couple of tries to hit the "right" spot) the dye would work, and as far as I could tell, as long as I didn't stray too far it worked like the old dye, only highlighting fish that you could spear, not simply all the fish in the area.

Having simular problems with the die, no glowing frame tho.

When I use dye for the first time in a PoE session it works fine, but when the first dye disappears any used after it do not work. Also, bait doesn't work properly. I spend 20+ Cuthol bait and haven't seen a single Cuthol.

While i was fishing for lungfish, i noticed that while i had a luminous dye out, the new fish that were spawning we not light up, while some of the other fish were. I threw out another dye to see if maybe the old dye was just past its timer and it didnt work. I waited for that fresh dye to dissappear and threw another dye to see if it would work, and nothing. It happened to be raining at night when this happened

https://imgur.com/a/wqrfn