Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luminous Dye Not working after update

yingji

Just now, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Luminos works perfectly for me.

Are you using the bait in the correct body of water, because I think that could affect it too.

unless im mistaken, consoles dont have quite the same fishing as PC atm, due to some changes that came with the weather systems last week. somethings might have gotten broken a bit when that happened

Yep.  And I swear they did something to the lighting on the Plains at night because I used to be able to fish at night without dye no problem.  Now the fish are literally invisible.  I can hear them, and I actually got lucky firing my spear indiscriminately into the water.  But they're so much harder to see its kinda unreal. 

And Its not just impacting fishing.  I was running bounties at night and the lighting would randomly go SUPER dark, to the point where it makes navigation difficult.  Playing with lighting/graphics settings has not helped.  

Basically, plains at night are semi-broken right now.  Avoid.

Edited by TheEdIsNotAmused
Two words.

On 12/9/2017 at 4:02 AM, yingji said:

Gaming 2017: throwing your farming resources into the sea for nothing. Yay fun.

bKXFkQR.jpg

The glitch mostly stopped now I just need my spear to return to my hand instead of orbiting me and for fish to actually spawn in hotspots farther out on the plains

Edited by tekker2234

I'm noticing this problem too. I'll use one and it works just fine but when I want to use a second one none of the fish are highlighted. I use a third and bam there they are. I use to go through these dyes pretty fast but now it's insane. really problematic when fishing for rare catches.

I am hearing confusing amount of contradicting opinions on that. Myself I can't get ANY dye to work. Nor really lures as well, despite throwing 3-5 at once. Meanwhile, lots of people don't have any issue with that and come back full stocked on Murkrays and other rare fishes that you can ONLY get in the sea, ONLY at night and thus introducing a horribly unfair advantage of progress against people who are touched by the bugs. 

Playing on low-end PC is not a shame, but it should not be punishing so much when you're meeting the game's recommended specs!

Dye still not working. Pretty sure baits aren't working/aren't working as well as they did either. Ore spots also disappearing randomly and you need to reload the plains to get them to pop up again. Also there seems to be less ore spots in general. Oh, and we had the Teralyst just up and disappear on us randomly mid-fight, in the middle of the night, just poof, gone, gave us a single shard though. Nice.

How is this still broken?

Stuff your Mirage prime, DE, fix your game. 

Edited by SpaceSheepie

https://imgur.com/a/qrfjt

No idea why I can't embed images in here anymore, whatever - so here's a shot of the dye + bait, and a fish that isn't highlighted. It works on one fishing spot, the next time i throw one out there it does nothing, move to the next spot, repeat. The bug seems to be that it only functions that 1 time, per location.

Is anyone else noticing this? I've wasted plenty of dye already.

Edited by ghandibots
derp

Sometimes when your draw your gun form holding a fishgig. the Existe fishing  highlight item (im a china player,i guess is “shine dye" in English) will be invalid.

You can still see the fish,but wont be highlight anymore,even you drop anther fishing highlight item.

You can only keep your a not holding fishgig,Wait that fishing high light item sink,Then draw your fishgig,Then dorp anther highlight item.

This bug makes so boring and troll when you are fishing alone,cause you forced to draw weapon often.Like some gunner,then the airbone,then some goddame ship swept you with machinegun and the mortar fire form kms away.

By the way,i think sometimes the enemy is shooting player from too far.Npc enemy loaction player by data in the game.that means the bushes and distancs wont matter.Like i sad,mortal can fire at player for kms sometime ,its so far that players is so hardy to see ,an even harder to counter back.

And bushes sometimes make the gameplay awful,you cant see enemy,but they can see you.You can only shoot back by the track of enemy fire,but some enemy fire has no track to do that.

its wont a matter when happen in "old warframe".the room a small, and has not so many bushes like now.But in the plant this issus make the gameplay awful some time.

maybe some "enemy high light item" can add in game for that.

https://gyazo.com/b380566266c44fc15b3956beb57912d8

As you can see they Luminos Dye doesn't do anything from the last patch. I was in a multiplayer mission and the dyes kept falling sometimes trough water at the bottom, sometimes they floated and sometimes when thrown on ground they would go trough textures. They would not light up the fish. The first thrown dye from the session worked but the others didn't. I've wasted ~10 dyes and got non of them to work even in different places. The recording is a bit rushed because of the limit with gyazo but you get the idea. It's bugged, you can't fish at night.

I was fishing and my Luminos dye was working. After the last update the Luminos dye quit working. Now I can't see the fish at night at all and I have never seen a Murkrays. Also from the moment that I was able to apply bait the built bait never took away any when I used them. The Luminos dye did and there was a timer letting me know how long I had before I applied another one, now it doesn't do that either. Now without a fix I won't be able to advance to the next rank or build new bait because they all require Murkrays parts to build.

17 часов назад, Dddsasul сказал:

https://gyazo.com/b380566266c44fc15b3956beb57912d8

As you can see they Luminos Dye doesn't do anything from the last patch. I was in a multiplayer mission and the dyes kept falling sometimes trough water at the bottom, sometimes they floated and sometimes when thrown on ground they would go trough textures. They would not light up the fish. The first thrown dye from the session worked but the others didn't. I've wasted ~10 dyes and got non of them to work even in different places. The recording is a bit rushed because of the limit with gyazo but you get the idea. It's bugged, you can't fish at night.

Same here but i can add - it can randomly work or stop working for different squad members.

For example  - i throw it and it works for my friens but not for me.

Reverse happens too - it can work for me while not working for friend.

Or it can stop working at all just wasting resources.

If it does not work it will not work for whole duration no matter how many you use.

~

~

The Goopolla fish don't seem to want to run away, even when I throw my spear right next to them.
(preventing other fish to spawn, so I have to catch them even if I don't want to)

3:55 - Glappid bait ends, not one Glappid seen during duration.

4:04  - I see the first Murkray.

4:22 - I see the first Glappid, I try to swith from my Lanzo Spear to my Peram spear, but it unequips my spear instead.
(even though the Glappid bait ended a while ago)

4:33 - Catch my first Glappid.
(even though the Glappid bait ended a while ago)

5:18 - Throw 2nd Glappid bait.

5:25 - Sharrac and Karkina start spawning, when their bait is about to end.

6:03 Sharrac and Karkina still spawning, even though their bait has ended.

6:46 - 2nd Luminos Dye ends.

7:00 - 3rd Luminos Dye thrown. But it's now working.

7:10 - Glappid start spawning.

7:51 - 2nd Glappid bait starts sinking.

7:52 - 4th Luminos Dye thrown.

9:03 - Glappid bait ends.

9:07 - Glappid spawns even though the bait ended.

The fish don't seem to start spawning till the bait is almost over.