Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game needs an auction house.

Yami-Jigoku

7 minutes ago, Shriex said:

Any word that this game will every get a formal auction house? 

It really needs one. 

Trade channel is... frustrating.

So far the devs have only stated that selling things, while you are offline shouldn't be a thing, but that was quite a while back, so they could have changed their mind by now.

Trade chat can be frustrating, which is why for now you could use warframe.market and wftrader.

I mean, sure selling thing while offline I can do without, but having to babysit the trade channel or manage a seperate website on my limited internet connection is agravating.

A simple, here are the things Im selling, this is the price I want, am I open to barter, here is a big screen to see where the open sales on items you are looking for is.

Warframe.market's set up is very nice. A bit of orginizational coding, maybe an item limit, and a small update to the menu and you're more or less good to go. I don't need an automated trade system, I need a better organized and paced alternitive to trade chat.

It'd be nice if you had a handy guide to know how many mods or complete sets you have too, clicking the [whatever] link and when it pops up, it says 14 owned or whatever. I know it sort of does it now, but only sort of.

Man, trade chat blows.

Edited by tomnmillie

I don't really like the idea of an auction house itself ingame, but I have to admit that at least for the Riven, this would be quite nice. Doesn't even need to be a auction house in the usual way with autobuy and autosell, but another way to put them in like here in the forums. I kinda dislike spamming them in the chat and putting them here... They go under pretty fast I think. And since warframe.market has no way yet, I would apreciate this.

If online/offline is an issue they should be able to hide offline listings. That would also help thin some of the direct competition adding an auction house would create.

Trade Chat is almost unusable now with how fast player ads stream in. Impossible to read, and if you're searching for a line you glimpsed it can be wiped from the log by new lines very quickly.

Even if it's not an auction per se, we need some way to thin out the traffic. Even simply segregating Rivens to a new channel would he helpful.

16 hours ago, Oru5732 said:

So far the devs have only stated that selling things, while you are offline shouldn't be a thing

If that's the only problem, personally I would settle with an auction house where the things you are selling only appear when you are online. It would still remove the hassle of using trade chat.

2 hours ago, Forcereborn said:

If that's the only problem, personally I would settle with an auction house where the things you are selling only appear when you are online. It would still remove the hassle of using trade chat.

Then you could just AFK instead of being offline, still selling your stuff.

15 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

Then you could just AFK instead of being offline, still selling your stuff.

I think the idea was to replace trade chat with something useable and less agrivating (because hey, we actually want to play the game, not try and trade an item for 2 hours), as opposed to automated trading. You'd still need to run the trade yourself, you just dont need to run the hassle of trade chat.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an introvert. I've been told that more than a few times already. As one, I find it very energy consuming to reach out and try to talk to strangers. Especially about something concerning only me (for example, my trades).

I wouldn't mind spending time to buy/sell items if it were done without players being directly involved. Heck, if being afk while selling is a problem, I'd rather have to solve a captcha to confirm the trade than have to talk.

Auction house, if implemented, would cut off a bit of plat for itself from every trade. This would still encourage social people to trade in person.

Ever played Crossout? There's a great example of a functional premium cash-only economy. The game doesn't have to sell plat for cosmetics. It can sell plat to encourage players to buy stuff from the auction for cheaper. From DE's perspective, the auction would be there only to void plat to auction cuts. Keeps plat in demand due to people who buy low just to sell higher.

Edited by Uthael

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Uthael:

I'm an introvert. I've been told that more than a few times already. As one, I find it very energy consuming to reach out and try to talk to strangers. Especially about something concerning only me (for example, my trades).

warframe.market is the closest thing to less interaction you can have atm. You go to the site, copy the whisper chat that includes player name, item and price. Interaction with the other player is limited to saying "yes" when asked about being invited and "ty" after the trade. No haggling or discussions. 

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Uthael:

Auction house, if implemented, would cut off a bit of plat for itself from every trade. This would still encourage social people to trade in person.

Plat trade tax for less interaction? Count me in. 

Seriously, an auction house with plat trade tax, limited numbers of standing orders and minimum sales prices would solve most new player trading issues.

I started this chat room few years ago. I will summarize what people says :

1. It will kill the economy ( which until today i disagree)

according to some people, This will kill the platinum economy by :

A. Making people easier to find what they need

therefore, some people cannot make a fake supply demand. Well some hours got more or less people.

My point of View : Auction house should be implemented, whats the point staring at trading channel to get the same result ?

B. Market monopoly

Some people argue that the large clan will monopolize the market because they got more people to farm the item / mod

My point of view : What kind of weak excuse is this ? Warframe is based on RNG. The monster are not limited. Is not like kill this spawn 100 times it will disappear forever.

My extra defense why there should be an auction house :

1. We got a trading channel, trading app, trading section in this forum -> so what is the difference ?

2. You want to type WTB / WTS soemthign jsut to be pushed to the top because few hundred people in 1 chat room say the same thing ?

3. Is all about supply and demand. Price goes up if got mroe demand. You can always put the price high, other people will follow.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb qscgg:

auction house remind me of Diablo3... 

There are many lessons to be learned from the former Diablo3 auction house. Not doing an auction house at all because others failed with their implementation is rather uninspiring. 

On 12/16/2017 at 8:36 PM, HungryGremlin said:

I mean, sure selling thing while offline I can do without, but having to babysit the trade channel or manage a seperate website on my limited internet connection is agravating.

A simple, here are the things Im selling, this is the price I want, am I open to barter, here is a big screen to see where the open sales on items you are looking for is.

Warframe.market's set up is very nice. A bit of orginizational coding, maybe an item limit, and a small update to the menu and you're more or less good to go. I don't need an automated trade system, I need a better organized and paced alternitive to trade chat.

Maybe option to lock inventory items for trading purposes with a price-tag attached. But while it would be convenient for the seller, on the buying side you'd need an interface bigger in size and scope than the market. What I would consider to be more decent in expectations is just the possibility to add a price tag to the items you're trying to sell when setting up shop. That or a classified trade chat for frames/weapons/mods/relics. But then again, you already have the latter in the form of chat filters.

It won't happen, at least not within the next few years is my guess. But as frustrating trade chat can be, it's simply a thing of it takes more investment than simply throwing an item on an auction house and be done with it. It might take time to sell an item but there are other ways.

https://warframe.market/ is always an option and one that is working quite well, even just to check some prices, to see how much other players are offering/selling an item for.

DEs reliance on chat for things that should have an actual implementation should have been solved by now. Just like we need an actual separate interface for assembling squads for missions, we need an actual interface for buying and selling. As others have suggested they could test this out by limiting it to rivens first. 

Some have said they won't do it due to drops in prices, therefore de sella less platinum. I call bull. The amount of people that don't participate in trade due to trade chat would make up for it. And no, players shouldn't resort to using external interfaces just to play the game in a way that other games have been doing, and better, for over a decade. 

That or some kind of bidding system.

Also a background shop of sorts, just like in maroo's, but something you can leave on whilst you go about your warframey day, perhaps people could leave bids or just pay the asking price. You come back from a mission and you see, o hey Danger_Noodle bought your wooly socks prime from your mini shop, cool.

it blows my mind to see comments against an auction house as if it never worked. look at games like Eve Online, World of Warcraft, Everquest, Everquest 2, Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Rift, Defiance etc.

Warframe could use an auction house. trade chat is quite annoying to babysit. best solution ive seen above is online requirement for sales to appear. being against just because of AFK online is not a good argument. if anyone was scared to do anything because of a possibility, no one would do anything.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I also think an auction house would improve the economy greatly, but I doubt DE will ever implement one.

It would require a complete rework of drop rates to make sure it doesn't get exploited, and they are probably desperately paranoid about plat farmers and sellers.

However, I keep pointing out this idea and alot of people seem to like it, I wonder why DE hasn't thought of it too:

Adapt the existing market UI to allow for players to list items they have for sale and what they are looking for in return. Allow the same restrictions currently in place, restrict total number of trades by MR per day and require an active account to host the store and allow the items to be visible. Make it part of Maroo's Bazaar as this is sorta what they have in place. Instead of having discreet instances that limits the number of players, create a "seller" and a "buyer" instance. The sellers spawn in one instance and just have the ability to post items for sale. Buyers spawn in an instance where they open up the interface and can look for items for sale. All buyers have access to all sellers and vice versa, kinda of what the intention of the trade chat was supposed to be. They implemented this with NPC's, Barro and Darvo essentially do this, there is no reason why it can't be adapted to allow players to do the same thing.

But the most critical thing that should be part of this system is an API which allows players to take the Database of items for sale and sales data and allow them to post this on 3rd party websites. This allows fro real market price checks and allows people to see which items are being manipulated and which are being traded fairly.

At this point it's lazy development and their desire to emphasis Loot RNG as the primary method of item acquisition that prevents something like this from being implemented.

Edited by (PS4)HurricaneHugo76

On 12/16/2017 at 8:13 PM, Shriex said:

Any word that this game will every get a formal auction house? 

It really needs one. 

Trade channel is... frustrating. 

I started playing like 2 months ago and have never used the trade chat , I always use the warframe.market instead .

Edited by Spectre-8