The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game needs an auction house.

Yami-Jigoku

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

No. Just no. Auction house killed Diablo 3 and it is a toxic game mechanic that is born out of pure laziness. Be thankful premium currency is tradable in the first place. 

D3 did it poorly 1 game is not a good enough reason to not have it. some games to try that have auction houses that are F2P? Rift, Defiance, Star Wars: the old republic, Eve online, everquest 2. wish people would stop using D3 as an example as if it was the only game to have an auction house.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

vor 11 Stunden schrieb PatternistSlave:

Cause everything exists in a void I suppose, eh?  (Like how Diablo 3 doesn't exist.)  How long does it take playing to get $20 worth of premium currency in WoW?  Assuming you're not buying it from the bots.

Jup. Once again you tryed to deflect into another direction instead staying at AH point in Rappelz. 😏 

Sorry you can't play your void talking with me. 

i'm against an official auction house ingame. after all trading chat is how i make most of my plat. this source of income would disappear and mass flipping of cheap items is not possible here since there is not enough market fluidity with cheap prime parts.

no thanks, i'd rather have tons of plat and deal with tradechat.

11 hours ago, Urabask said:

Literally the best part of the warframe economy is that you are not forced to get rare drops to get the plat you need for basic necessities.  You are hypothesizing a new economy that punishes new players and players that spend money so that a small portion of the playerbase can occasionally get their plat without having to talk to someone else.  At that point it wouldn't matter if you'd eliminated the botting problem because concurrent player numbers would fall off a cliff.

Dude, as i pointed out in that reply if you dont like how the auction house works you are free to go and use the trade chat.

Lets keep the 20p plat tax and decrease it by 5p for every 20p you spend. This way we have:

1. 20p base price, 20p base tax
  2. 40p base price, 15p tax
  3. 60p base price, 10p tax
  4. 80p base price, 5p tax
  5. 100p base price. no tax

This one makes incetive to only use the auction house to sell actually valuable items, this would not hurt anybody.

I doubt that new players get their plat from selling rare drops and such so if they want to sell cheap items they are free to go to the trade chat and use it. Basic trading is untouched this is created for the valuable/rare items to sell.

You no longer have to spam the chat if you want to buy memeing strike or a god soma riven because due to their nature those are hosted in the auction house and if you dont see a listing fit for your taste or wallet you can go back and spam the tradechat.

You could also send offers directly to the auctions holder and hope its good enough for him to accept.

11 hours ago, ObviousLee said:
  1. If you're impatient, that's your fault.
  2. I'd you're getting scammed in a system that leaves all cards on the table visible and available for review, that's your fault.
  3. If you can't manage to utilize a search filter, that's your fault.
  4. If you're expecting items to be readily available for purchase in what amounts to an actual bazaar, that's your fault.
  5. If your psyche is so fragile that a textual insult is enough to launch you into a forum post tirade, that's your fault.
  6. It's not the job of DE to change the system to curtail weak wills, and hurt feelings. This is the players responsibility.

Btw I'm not saying your fault as aimed at you specifically, but at the players in general. 

1. Patience cannot be used in this argument as you are not just waiting for someone to sell you things but also reducing your playtime by making circles on your liset and such. At best the system is inconvient.
  2. Scamming is a legit issue as cards are not on the table, you need to go to external sites to see prices and if you dont know those, well :poop: happens.
  3. Our search filer is barely useable as it works as "and" command and not "or" meaning that if you search for multiple items you can miss out the other offers while you filter for 1.
  4. Now that i can agree with.
  5. Ohh please dont tell me its soo good to see in row 3 [redacted] guys spewing toxic madness at you for hoping to sell an item for 2p more. The problem happens daily and its enough to make people angry. Or are you a person who would keep their calm if on your way to work every day some random guys would yell obscenities about you and your family.
  6. Actually, its theirs. Look at the chat ban arguments where you can clearly see that DE does everything to not make people offended or hurt their feelings.

7 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Dude, as i pointed out in that reply if you dont like how the auction house works you are free to go and use the trade chat.

This does not matter.  An auction house will affect the entire player base regardless as to whether they use it or not because the vast majority of players will regardless as to the negative effects it will have on the economy.

doubt that new players get their plat from selling rare drops and such so if they want to sell cheap items they are free to go to the trade chat and use it. Basic trading is untouched this is created for the valuable/rare items to sell.

There isn't really a problem with selling high value items in this game though.  You're trying to create a solution for a problem that doesn't trouble the vast majority of the playerbase and you're willing to jeopardize the entire economy over it.  Heck, if the Riven market crashed because of this you'd be looking at a pretty significant impact on DE's bottom line.  There is a lot of plat circulating because of Rivens poking that bear would be the epitome of stupidity. 

16 hours ago, Flames21891 said:

Fair enough, but all warframe.market does is make trading less obtuse, which is a good thing. If the trading system has to intentionally be garbage for the economy to survive, then there's a bigger issue here. Besides, you will see a massive increase in the number of both buyers and sellers using such a system, which should grant enough extra stimulation to the economy that it evens itself out.

There is no bigger issue here because having a "garbage" trading system has managed to eliminate virtually all of the problems most MMO economies in exchange for slight inconveniences that you can easily overcome.  This is part and parcel to the entire experience in Warframe because the most efficient way to find out anything about the game is to just use the wiki.  Having to go to an outside source works for the rest of the game so it's a bit ridiculous to say that it's problematic just for trading.  The increase in buyers and sellers could never overcome the supply over items that are in game because drop rates are too high.

51 minutes ago, Urabask said:
17 hours ago, Flames21891 said:

Fair enough, but all warframe.market does is make trading less obtuse, which is a good thing. If the trading system has to intentionally be garbage for the economy to survive, then there's a bigger issue here. Besides, you will see a massive increase in the number of both buyers and sellers using such a system, which should grant enough extra stimulation to the economy that it evens itself out.

There is no bigger issue here because having a "garbage" trading system has managed to eliminate virtually all of the problems most MMO economies in exchange for slight inconveniences that you can easily overcome.  This is part and parcel to the entire experience in Warframe because the most efficient way to find out anything about the game is to just use the wiki.  Having to go to an outside source works for the rest of the game so it's a bit ridiculous to say that it's problematic just for trading.  The increase in buyers and sellers could never overcome the supply over items that are in game because drop rates are too high.

I disagree with this, this has more to do with the fact that De doesn't use alot of slimy monetization schemes, therefore people haven't resorted to gaming the system through trade.

But the truth is DE is able to do this because it only relies on RNG loot to pad out the playtime, so by keeping trade obtuse it motivates players to grind for themselves. And yeah this is a solution to prevent widespread exploitation of the economy, but that is just lazy development. And I would point out alot of deceptive trick are being used currently by sellers right now who are patient and unscrupulous and will wait to sell items at the amounts they want, not based upon any type of rational or logical economic framework.

Trade chat is currently the perfect example of a black box, unregulated, speculative market. There is no way for the playerbase in general to know, or even try to know, the actual economy of items in the game. This is done intentionally by DE and alot of sellers exploit this to artificially boost prices and scam players who just wanted that stupid item that won't drop or that Riven which won't rng properly for them. This system was acceptable with a low player number game and a limited number of rare items that can be traded. But now the game exist in another stage of life, it has routinely large amounts of players on at the same time and the number of tradeable items have reached a critical mass. Trade chat just doesn't work for the number of players and the number of items being traded.

And I agree wholeheartedly that adding a classic auction house would require a complete revamp of drop rates and crafting. Which honestly I would have rather they had worked on that as the next major update than POE. But the longer they delay in updating and revising this portion of the game, the more the cancer of RNG Loot will make most players bore quickly in this game and move on to the next new title. And make no mistake, the only reason there isn't a mass exodus right now is compared to paid loot boxes mindless rng loot grind feels great in comparison. But after a while even that will wear thin for most players and they will move on.

The only example of a game that maintained long term standing while still retaining it's core playerbase was EVE Online. They have a completely player controlled economy which is integrated into crafting and is one of the cornerstones of the game. They don't use an auction house they allow players to buy and sell to each other directly.  It's the economy which drives most of the player's actions in the game itself, and by creating such a system CCP made a space where the players make their own content and CCP doesn't have spend countless hours trying to make missions and levels to keep people entertained, they merely have to manipulate and regulate the economy. I feel DE should take this as inspiration and allow more player controlled mechanics when it comes to trade and crafting. This allows players to have alternate paths to items, paths where they themselves decide the course and method. This is the type of system which would free up development for DE as the players now start making their own game from the tool they are given rather than wait for DE to come up with the Next New Thing.

I'm not advocating adapting EVE's economy whole cloth and grafting it to this game. But taking portions of it and using it to improve our economy I feel is more to the essence of what DE wants to do with this game.

Edited by (PS4)HurricaneHugo76

1 hour ago, Urabask said:

There isn't really a problem with selling high value items in this game though.  You're trying to create a solution for a problem that doesn't trouble the vast majority of the playerbase and you're willing to jeopardize the entire economy over it.  Heck, if the Riven market crashed because of this you'd be looking at a pretty significant impact on DE's bottom line.  There is a lot of plat circulating because of Rivens poking that bear would be the epitome of stupidity. 

The riven market would be the last.thing this plan could hurt.

A riven mod is currently either unsellable or has a price over 100 plat so having an auction house/tradeboard system wont affect it.

1 hour ago, Urabask said:

This does not matter.  An auction house will affect the entire player base regardless as to whether they use it or not because the vast majority of players will regardless as to the negative effects it will have on the economy.

Okay this seriously doesnt make sense.

What negative effects?

Please explain what negative effect my taxed high value auction house will have on the economy. It has plat tax to fight item price decrease and the standard trade limitation already present ingame.

We have enough "what if" sceniarios and blind assuptions, its time to show how this system will hurt the economy in a way what is not already present here.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

will wait to sell items at the amounts they want, not based upon any type of rational or logical economic framework.

It's very logical to get the most plat for an item possible.  What a lot of you don't understand when you talk about the "patient and unscrupulous" is that the unscrupulous ones are you.  You take advantage of noobs who do not take into consideration the amount of time it took them to obtain an item, but only how fast they can sell it and then you expect everyone to sell at that price or they're "unscrupulous".  My price is too high?  Really?  With DE selling regular frames at 300 plat?  Weapons at 200 plat?  My 200 plat for a prime frame is not based on any "logical economic framework"?  You want to see unscrupulous?  Put in an auction house.  I'll price fix my way to plat you've never dreamed of while you sit around wondering why that item you bought yesterday for 500 is now worthless.  Until the entire thing comes crashing down around your ears.  Assuming the inevitable botters don't beat me to it.

43 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

It's very logical to get the most plat for an item possible.  What a lot of you don't understand when you talk about the "patient and unscrupulous" is that the unscrupulous ones are you.  You take advantage of noobs who do not take into consideration the amount of time it took them to obtain an item, but only how fast they can sell it and then you expect everyone to sell at that price or they're "unscrupulous".  My price is too high?  Really?  With DE selling regular frames at 300 plat?  Weapons at 200 plat?  My 200 plat for a prime frame is not based on any "logical economic framework"?  You want to see unscrupulous?  Put in an auction house.  I'll price fix my way to plat you've never dreamed of while you sit around wondering why that item you bought yesterday for 500 is now worthless.  Until the entire thing comes crashing down around your ears.  Assuming the inevitable botters don't beat me to it.

Umm I never said I did this myself. In fact I largely ignore and avoid trade chat specifically because I can never gain a true appreciation for the relative value of any item so unless it's something for less than 100plat i'm not even looking at it because I am pretty sure that price is based upon pure speculation. And while I am on the poorer side of things and I tend not to spend alot of plat in general, I would be more motivated if there was market system similar to EVE online where I can look up how much items have been selling for any period of time and then decide whether it's worth the price it's being offered. That and actually being able to quickly and easily look for items I want, not what everyone wants to sell me.

I played EVE online for almost a year, I was never a hardcore player but one of the things I appreciated as a player was the fact that I had control over what I was willing to buy items for, and with a little research and brainpower I could figure out whether the price of that item was reflective of it's real value.

There is nothing even remotely like that in this game and it's not by accident, it's intentionally left that way by DE. There is another thread in this forum where DE devs talk about loot drop tables and they flat out say that the core philosophy in this game is timesinks, they make every effort to drag out item acquisition. And I don't disagree with this idea, I just don't agree with the method by which they implement this. They rely heavily, too heavily, on loot rng to pad out the game time. This resulted in them making trade work the way it does currently because any method to make trading easier would invalidate the loot tables they carefully manipulate and throws off their grind times. But I feel this is laziness on DE part, instead of thinking outside of the box and created a more comprehensive system which merges trade and crafting and rng loot they decided they rather make derivative content like open world maps or create new power mechanics where non were asked for like Focus or create new playable characters in operators when people were happy with Warframes. I mean you realize that instead of creating a more complex and sophisticate in game economy they spent a significant amount of time and resources on Archwings?

And I hate to tell you this but alot of sellers flat out inflate prices on items in this game because they know there is no way for most players to get a real price check. Unless you play with players who are traders in the game or people who extensively use plat to buy items I have seen price check convos go all over the place and alot of times people just say, don't buy it just go out and do X mission you'll get it.

And yes evolving the economy this way would also force DE to make adjustment about the relative value of the items it offers for sale. That's why I said any system implemented would either require a complete change in core aspects of the game or have to reflect the essence of how it works now so that the adjustments don't have to be that great.

But the bottom line is for this game to grow and maintain it's growth it will need to evolve.

That is why I have always advocated setting up trade and crafting on top of loot rng to be the core mechanics of engagement on this game. Relying too heavily on one aspect to the neglect of other creates an uneven experience and will lead to player abandonment.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

it's intentionally left that way by DE.

Because it discourages abuse.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

alot of sellers flat out inflate prices on items in this game

Probably do to a limited degree, but a barter system involving multiple chats makes it difficult.  It's easy to do with an auction house.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

with a little research and brainpower I could figure out whether the price of that item was reflective of it's real value

There is no "real value".  This is a barter system.  An item is worth what you can trade it for.  The more time you take to "research" an item (get prices), the less you'll pay and vise versa.  In an auction house I as a marketeer can control what it's "worth".  What you want is for DE to just set a price for everything.  Which they do already for most items.  They're much higher than what you'll get on trade chat.

22 hours ago, Flames21891 said:

the trading system has to intentionally be garbage for the economy to survive, then there's a bigger issue here.

Is there though?  It's pretty easy to sell and buy stuff right now with the current tools we have.  The value the current economy pays out compared to play time is pretty impressive and I'm not quite sure why people would want to jeopardize that.

22 hours ago, Flames21891 said:

Besides, you will see a massive increase in the number of both buyers and sellers using such a system, which should grant enough extra stimulation to the economy that it evens itself out.

Not before it drives down the prices on most of the prime part market.  Which is silly since a staggering number of the prime weapons and frames are cheaper than their regular counter parts in the market.  Some of the best weapons in the game are 25-40p despite being wildly overfarmed; due to the current supply, those item's value would drop like a rock and it's not likely they would ever really recover until they're vaulted.  So many of them are already at a reasonable price and at the same time, allow players to earn the occasionaly bit of plat with a reasonable amount of effort.  Why mess with that?

I see two problems with the argument going on here:

1: People keep on on talking about the traditional design involved with AH's and the issues that arise out of them. Considering how Trading in Warframe works, as in entirely unfocused on the "main" currency of the game, Credits, but actual trading of goods, or trading of the premium currency, a traditional AH wouldn't even work.

2: People keep on comparing the economic system of Warframe compared to traditional economic systems of other games with AH's as if they are similar, which given how most of the economies in the traditional games are based around resources, raw or refined, and usually highly exploitable and easy to access, and how Warframe's economy focuses on the transfer of endgame equipment like rivens, prime components, etc. is moot.

Having a centralized trading platform, say having a posting area in Maroo's where you can post your wares, as well as what you are looking for for said wares (ex. I go and post that I have a Tigris P set, and I'm looking for 20p for said set, or that I have a Atterax riven and I'm looking for an Argon Scope and meme strike), and people can search for those postings, and send a message to you to a trade inbox saying that either they accept your offer, or ask for a revised offer, and then you can go from there as usual.

This would for the most part be a upgraded Trade chat. It'd be easier to find postings for things that you want, there would be no set currency for said trades, and thus makes the system much harder to manipulate, and people would not have to sit in the cancerous trade chat trying to find or sell. Hell, if people want to still use trade chat, it can even still exist with this change.

Everyone's happy.

5 hours ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

it's intentionally left that way by DE.

4 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

Because it discourages abuse.

4 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

There is no "real value".  This is a barter system. 

Barter system = abuse !!!

The economy is in the hands of a small handful of players who care to do all of the below:

• pay attention to trade chat
  • use 3rd party websites/apps
  • wait for supply/demand to trade at the prices they want

Nobody started playing Warframe to do that. There are some sweet items I'd like that are locked behind select events, reputation grinds (which have a daily limit) or friggin' miserable chances.

It pains me so much that I'd have to buy the Target Acquired mod off some plat leech instead of someone who doesn't need it because he prefers playing with his Grakatas. And he turns it to Endo because he doesn't bother to be informed about this current trash of a trade system.

8 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

he riven market would be the last.thing this plan could hurt.

A riven mod is currently either unsellable or has a price over 100 plat so having an auction house/tradeboard system wont affect it.

Bwahahahahaha.  Are you serious?  There are rivens just sitting in inventories all over the game because people have idea what they're worth.  Heck, there are probably rivens with virtually perfect rolls that get junked for endo every day.  I don't understand how you could ever come to the conclusion that giving a clear idea of the supply, demand, and value of rivens would have no effect on their price. 

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

It pains me so much that I'd have to buy the Target Acquired mod off some plat leech instead of someone who doesn't need it because he prefers playing with his Grakatas. And he turns it to Endo because he doesn't bother to be informed about this current trash of a trade system.

i.e. You'd rather rip someone off than pay a fair value for something.

18 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:
  1. Patience cannot be used in this argument as you are not just waiting for someone to sell you things but also reducing your playtime by making circles on your liset and such. At best the system is inconvient.
  2. Scamming is a legit issue as cards are not on the table, you need to go to external sites to see prices and if you dont know those, well :poop: happens.
  3. Our search filer is barely useable as it works as "and" command and not "or" meaning that if you search for multiple items you can miss out the other offers while you filter for 1.
  4. Now that i can agree with.
  5. Ohh please dont tell me its soo good to see in row 3 [redacted] guys spewing toxic madness at you for hoping to sell an item for 2p more. The problem happens daily and its enough to make people angry. Or are you a person who would keep their calm if on your way to work every day some random guys would yell obscenities about you and your family.
  6. Actually, its theirs. Look at the chat ban arguments where you can clearly see that DE does everything to not make people offended or hurt their feelings.

1. no matter what you're doing in the game, it's an activity you're choosing to partake in. Not sure if you're aware of this simple fact (and it IS a fact) but everything in all of life costs. Whether it's money, effort, time, a combination of the three is irrelevant. Everything costs, and if you're wanting something you're going to have to pay the cost for it. If you're wanting something from trade, you're going to have to pay the cost of time and patience. If you're posting to the trader sites, you're going to have to pay the cost of time to input your criteria and or contacting the buyer or seller of the item you with to interact with.

2. If you've never heard the age old addage of "let the buyer beware" then you're not ready for trading. It's up to the individual to do their research on something before committing to the transaction. This is true with purchasing vehicles, insurance of various natures, foods at local grocers, the list goes on. In this age of readily available information, there's no excuse other than impatience to not do the research. and, if you wind up getting taken for a ride because you didn't remove any and all excuse for the situation to be your fault from your end, then that's the price you pay, your cost as covered in point 1.

3. There's a feature called a "comma" that when used in tandem with search queries for trade channel filters, you can list multiple items to be on the lookout for. If you're hunting for specific items, then there's your avenue. But the argument of "I'm looking for specific items and everything is flying by too fast but I won't use the filter because I might miss out on something else" doesn't work. It makes literally zero logical sense. You're either going to hunt for specific items and make an in-depth filter listing to cover your bases, or you're going to deal with the onslaught of people advertising their wares. The choice is yours to make, and the outcomes yours to bear.

4: Glad we can agree on this point, hopefully we can come to a similar outcome on the rest of them.

5. No, no I wouldn't. Because I realize that I myself am the one who decides the weight the words of other people will have towards me. I'm a combat veteran, so dealing with insults or bigotry in one sense or another is nothing new to me. Words don't bother me, actions do. So in your given example if someone were to be ranting obscenities at myself and my family, I'd not be nearly as bothered by it as I would someone attempting to say, bring physical violence or intimidation against myself or my family.

6. Although yes, DE has taken measures to mitigate overall toxic communication and harassment, that doesn't translate to "They said a mean word to me because I didn't give into their pricing listing so we need to remove interaction between players or at the least spread the distance so to speak". This is effectively trying to create a "safe space" which is something I vehemently disagree with as it only  weakens the mental fortitude of someone, as opposed to strengthening it. I say this as both someone who has PTSD from a lifetime of abuse and two tours of Iraq, and as someone who has done more therapy than the average human being has any idea is possible. Strength of will is tempered through adversity, not simply putting a frustrating element further and further away from the afflicted individual.

Edited by ObviousLee

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

Translation: you'd rather rip someone off.  God forbid you pay people a fair amount for a mod that has 0.5%-1.01% drop rate :/

Edited by Aggh

4 hours ago, Urabask said:

Bwahahahahaha.  Are you serious?  There are rivens just sitting in inventories all over the game because people have idea what they're worth.  Heck, there are probably rivens with virtually perfect rolls that get junked for endo every day.  I don't understand how you could ever come to the conclusion that giving a clear idea of the supply, demand, and value of rivens would have no effect on their price. 

Because they are frickin randomized, you cant get a clear idea on what they are worth.

Heres an example:

You have riven A what grants 200% damage riven B what grants 200% toxin damage and we have riven C what grants +50% multishot.

Both rivens go on a weapon with base toxin damage.

Which one is the better?

Objetively they are almost the same in useability, how will you decide which one should sell for what price?

4 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Because they are frickin randomized, you cant get a clear idea on what they are worth.

Heres an example:

You have riven A what grants 200% damage riven B what grants 200% toxin damage and we have riven C what grants +50% multishot.

Which one is the better?

Objetively they are almost the same in useability, how will you decide which one should sell for what price?

easy answer: the one that grants 200% base damage as it doesn't lock you into an elemental combo that you cannot avoid if you wanna use the riven mod.

6 hours ago, Godin_The_Killer said:

I see two problems with the argument going on here:

1: People keep on on talking about the traditional design involved with AH's and the issues that arise out of them. Considering how Trading in Warframe works, as in entirely unfocused on the "main" currency of the game, Credits, but actual trading of goods, or trading of the premium currency, a traditional AH wouldn't even work.

2: People keep on comparing the economic system of Warframe compared to traditional economic systems of other games with AH's as if they are similar, which given how most of the economies in the traditional games are based around resources, raw or refined, and usually highly exploitable and easy to access, and how Warframe's economy focuses on the transfer of endgame equipment like rivens, prime components, etc. is moot.

Having a centralized trading platform, say having a posting area in Maroo's where you can post your wares, as well as what you are looking for for said wares (ex. I go and post that I have a Tigris P set, and I'm looking for 20p for said set, or that I have a Atterax riven and I'm looking for an Argon Scope and meme strike), and people can search for those postings, and send a message to you to a trade inbox saying that either they accept your offer, or ask for a revised offer, and then you can go from there as usual.

This would for the most part be a upgraded Trade chat. It'd be easier to find postings for things that you want, there would be no set currency for said trades, and thus makes the system much harder to manipulate, and people would not have to sit in the cancerous trade chat trying to find or sell. Hell, if people want to still use trade chat, it can even still exist with this change.

Everyone's happy.

My final dream for the upgrade of the trade chat is a linkable shop system.

Here are the features:

- As you said, Maroo's bazaar will get an update where you can buy the first level of the trade board license for credits and ayatans.

- The first level license grants access to a market board there where you can browse active offers, send direct inbox messages, invite for trade. This level uses more credit tax as it hosted by maroo. You can create 3 listing.

- The second level is buyable from syndicates on relays for reputation and increases the rights you have on the trade board.

-The second level grants access to the market board on all relays, your rights now let you use half of your total trade points (or whatever it is called) to create listings, name your shop, sell items for reputation points (1/1 common, 1/1.5 uncommon, 1/2 rare) to syndicates, color your listings

-The third level is buyable either from Baro or Darvo. Depending on the choice you get slightly different rights. Baro sells his license for ducats while darvo will requests rare materials.

-Getting the third level grants these rights:

1. You can now link in [my shop] in the trade chat, clicking on it creates a tab where you can see the users current listings, prices and message the user
  2. Every user in the trade chat is now visually differented by making the chat using different colors for each post, admin/mod posts are getting a big [ADMIN] line on both ends of their posts to help confusion, clicking on this creates a message claiming that this message was posted by admin/mod X and the forwards you to their profile
  3. You can trade directly with the listing interface if the creator of it is online OR you can send them direct counter-offers throught it, direct trading costs more credits
  4. Filtering for [my shop] makes the trade chat cut down the messages to only show users with active shops
  5. You can search for items on the trade board what will show each shop where someone sells your item IF they are online, offline offers are excluded

Baro bonus:

1. Every day if you traded a prime item you get 1 ducat
  2. Adds a search system what shows you who sells the prime item you are looking for in all avaible shops including the offline ones

Darvo bonus:

1. Darvo sends a message to your shop on what is his todays deal and creates a random daily deal where you can buy low amount of resources for credits
  2. Adds a search system what lets you search for rivens of your liking, including and excluding stats. Only shows online shops.

-Only one license of the third variant is obtainable from either darvo or baro, to get the bonuses of the other the player can buy the other from the market for plat.

29 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

easy answer: the one that grants 200% base damage as it doesn't lock you into an elemental combo that you cannot avoid if you wanna use the riven mod.

Now this one was tricky because if we assume this weapon is primary you get the same amount of bonus damage if you choose the multishot one as it will grant total +200% multishot for your weapon if you use all multishot mods.

Also since the weapon uses base toxin damage +200% toxin would be the same as +200% damage. Knowing the meta it will be either corrosive or viral so it wouldnt leave someone with an undesired elemental combo.

5 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

1. no matter what you're doing in the game, it's an activity you're choosing to partake in. Not sure if you're aware of this simple fact (and it IS a fact) but everything in all of life costs. Whether it's money, effort, time, a combination of the three is irrelevant. Everything costs, and if you're wanting something you're going to have to pay the cost for it. If you're wanting something from trade, you're going to have to pay the cost of time and patience. If you're posting to the trader sites, you're going to have to pay the cost of time to input your criteria and or contacting the buyer or seller of the item you with to interact with.

2. If you've never heard the age old addage of "let the buyer beware" then you're not ready for trading. It's up to the individual to do their research on something before committing to the transaction. This is true with purchasing vehicles, insurance of various natures, foods at local grocers, the list goes on. In this age of readily available information, there's no excuse other than impatience to not do the research. and, if you wind up getting taken for a ride because you didn't remove any and all excuse for the situation to be your fault from your end, then that's the price you pay, your cost as covered in point 1.

3. There's a feature called a "comma" that when used in tandem with search queries for trade channel filters, you can list multiple items to be on the lookout for. If you're hunting for specific items, then there's your avenue. But the argument of "I'm looking for specific items and everything is flying by too fast but I won't use the filter because I might miss out on something else" doesn't work. It makes literally zero logical sense. You're either going to hunt for specific items and make an in-depth filter listing to cover your bases, or you're going to deal with the onslaught of people advertising their wares. The choice is yours to make, and the outcomes yours to bear.

4: Glad we can agree on this point, hopefully we can come to a similar outcome on the rest of them.

5. No, no I wouldn't. Because I realize that I myself am the one who decides the weight the words of other people will have towards me. I'm a combat veteran, so dealing with insults or bigotry in one sense or another is nothing new to me. Words don't bother me, actions do. So in your given example if someone were to be ranting obscenities at myself and my family, I'd not be nearly as bothered by it as I would someone attempting to say, bring physical violence or intimidation against myself or my family.

6. Although yes, DE has taken measures to mitigate overall toxic communication and harassment, that doesn't translate to "They said a mean word to me because I didn't give into their pricing listing so we need to remove interaction between players or at the least spread the distance so to speak". This is effectively trying to create a "safe space" which is something I vehemently disagree with as it only  weakens the mental fortitude of someone, as opposed to strengthening it. I say this as both someone who has PTSD from a lifetime of abuse and two tours of Iraq, and as someone who has done more therapy than the average human being has any idea is possible. Strength of will is tempered through adversity, not simply putting a frustrating element further and further away from the afflicted individual.

1. The problem with that its that we are talking about a game. You already sacraficed time, possibly money and effort to become a trade partner. The fact that trading is designed to be as cumbersome as possible is just bad design choice to force people into grinding/buying

2. While i agree with your point here, i gotta point out that the problem still stands. We have to rely on external sites to get price information and decide how legit are those. As a new player it wont be the very first thing someone tells you that before trading always go to warframe.market or the nexus because its not part of the game. They were born because people had enough of this blind price claiming and they work pretty well but still. This shouldnt be the norm.

3.Okay im gonna need a little explanation for this. Can you make a search filter what only shows me rivens and prime parts? Rivens as both linked in variants and typed in as riven.

4------

5. But not all of us are combat veterans, i myself currently have came too close to my breaking point atleast 4 times where i would not think twice to bash someones head in. Im extremly patient toward idiots but some people manage to to go too far. Not everybody treats things the same way and knowing that i see chat related posts almost every month i gottac claim its an issue.

6. You can report each mean word you get from trade chatting and that gets people banned. DE is actively working on filtering and removing out as many bad words as they can, pm's soo far are excluded but that can change any time. Thats why we have the balls word censored, getting banned for saying trap and soo on.

Mental fortitude doed not come from taking as much pressure as you can or living in safe space it comes from the person. It comes from inside, if the will/soul decided to not care nothing will hurt it, but to reach that you need to concentrate in a proper place. Thats why shaolin monks are found training mental fortitude in quiet peaceful places and not in the metro among mean drunkards. 

Also i partially agree with you here, to reach an optional state of the will you need both adversity and enough distance from annoyance.

41 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

My final dream for the upgrade of the trade chat is a linkable shop system.

Here are the features:

- As you said, Maroo's bazaar will get an update where you can buy the first level of the trade board license for credits and ayatans.

- The first level license grants access to a market board there where you can browse active offers, send direct inbox messages, invite for trade. This level uses more credit tax as it hosted by maroo. You can create 3 listing.

- The second level is buyable from syndicates on relays for reputation and increases the rights you have on the trade board.

-The second level grants access to the market board on all relays, your rights now let you use half of your total trade points (or whatever it is called) to create listings, name your shop, sell items for reputation points (1/1 common, 1/1.5 uncommon, 1/2 rare) to syndicates, color your listings

-The third level is buyable either from Baro or Darvo. Depending on the choice you get slightly different rights. Baro sells his license for ducats while darvo will requests rare materials.

-Getting the third level grants these rights:

1. You can now link in [my shop] in the trade chat, clicking on it creates a tab where you can see the users current listings, prices and message the user
  2. Every user in the trade chat is now visually differented by making the chat using different colors for each post, admin/mod posts are getting a big [ADMIN] line on both ends of their posts to help confusion, clicking on this creates a message claiming that this message was posted by admin/mod X and the forwards you to their profile
  3. You can trade directly with the listing interface if the creator of it is online OR you can send them direct counter-offers throught it, direct trading costs more credits
  4. Filtering for [my shop] makes the trade chat cut down the messages to only show users with active shops
  5. You can search for items on the trade board what will show each shop where someone sells your item IF they are online, offline offers are excluded

Baro bonus:

1. Every day if you traded a prime item you get 1 ducat
  2. Adds a search system what shows you who sells the prime item you are looking for in all avaible shops including the offline ones

Darvo bonus:

1. Darvo sends a message to your shop on what is his todays deal and creates a random daily deal where you can buy low amount of resources for credits
  2. Adds a search system what lets you search for rivens of your liking, including and excluding stats. Only shows online shops.

-Only one license of the third variant is obtainable from either darvo or baro, to get the bonuses of the other the player can buy the other from the market for plat.

I'd be fine with an extension to this, as it gives something to work towards.

Heres an example:

Which one is the better?

The AH removes the ambiguity of the value of rivens because only rivens that are priced in line with what people are willing to pay will sell quickly.  It doesn't matter that they're randomized because people will look at the prices on the AH and post their at a similar or lower price to similar rivens.  The current system is the opposite where players are either not selling their rivens or waiting to get the highest price they can.