Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isnt POE farm a bit too rough?

(PSN)rolandassassin

The problem is that it is a closed system.  The items you make from the PoE (Zaws, Amps, arcanes, etc.) are only made with resources from the plains.  Very few resources from outside the plains are needed.  Conversely, none of the other items in the game use plains resources, so we have two separate sets of resources to farm, one of which makes everyone start from scratch.  

How bad it is depends on what resource you are looking for.

Fishing is easy and fun and you can target the species you are looking for.

Mineral and gem mining is difficult and dull.  You can't target a specific type either, so farming rare gems is a chore. I've only found a single Nyth deposit out of maybe 1000 mining attempts.  Smart players used the Plague Star event to stock up on rare gems.  Supposedly this event will be reoccurring.

Iradite was in short supply for me until I learned that harder bounties make the plains drop more Iradite per spawn.  

You need a ton of Cetus Wisps to make Amps.  By speedrunning along the shores of the geyser pond and the big lake with loot detector, I usually find`2 or 3.  

Resource booster is your friend, although it doesn't work for Eidolon drops.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

I believe the main issue is...experimenting with zaw ...very costly...to a point, you have to rely on the wiki, otherwise you are punished by wasting those point, leading to the problem OP mention.

either providing more information about those part ingame or make the weapon actually modular (how it was supposed to be?) and give you the ability to detach part unless gilded (maybe only learn mastery if the weapon is gilded too to balance it out)

9 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

Hmm I just drop by on POE everynow and then just doing bounties... when I check I have enough mats for stuff... 

Pretty much how I've been treating it. 

Sometimes I'm in the mood to fiddle around on the Plains and do faction related stuff. Most times I'm not and I'm off doing more traditional WF stuff (I did fishing-type chores for 10 years in WoW and really didn't want to do it here). 

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

The problem is that it is a closed system.  

It is, but it might not remain that way. That's one reason I'm not willing to entirely ignore it in favor of doing what I usually do. On the other hand, AW was largely a closed system as well, and it's only slightly integrated with everything else--so I suspect we'll have lots of time to do PoE stuff. 

I think DE was wanting the planets themselves to all have PoE-type areas to play around in. What they'll have in resources and rewards, though, is hard to say at this point. They all might be closed or they might not. They might share some resources, with unique things as well. 

Just now, Sloan441 said:

It is, but it might not remain that way. That's one reason I'm not willing to entirely ignore it in favor of doing what I usually do. On the other hand, AW was largely a closed system as well, and it's only slightly integrated with everything else--so I suspect we'll have lots of time to do PoE stuff. 

I think DE was wanting the planets themselves to all have PoE-type areas to play around in. What they'll have in resources and rewards, though, is hard to say at this point. They all might be closed or they might not. They might share some resources, with unique things as well. 

One thing that would help would be letting us target the Plains with extractors.  Let the extractors have tasks: fisher, miner, hunter/gatherer.  Outside of mining I feel they did a pretty good job though.  (There needs to be a way to target specific gems and minerals).  I would welcome more open world areas with different themes and resource sets.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

One thing that would help would be letting us target the Plains with extractors.  Let the extractors have tasks: fisher, miner, hunter/gatherer.  Outside of mining I feel they did a pretty good job though.  (There needs to be a way to target specific gems and minerals).  I would welcome more open world areas with different themes and resource sets.

Knowing DE, I think we might get another type of extractor to use in the open world zone(s). 

A lot of people have been suggesting a Firefall-style of resource extraction for use in open world zones. 

I'd be good with either or both. I'd just like to have more options--some being automated--than what we have now. 

I avoided PoE stuff for some time after it was launched.  I also thought the requirements were steep, however after I buckled down and figured out the quickest way to accomplish mining,  fishing,  wisp gathering it was a breeze.  

For quills I recommend getting some friends and hunting teralysts.  I farmed them for a few days (while fishing) and had every BP for the amps and standing to guild them easily.  Fishing rep gets way easier after you unlock Murkay bait and in one night have standing for that day and the next.  It is really quite trivial now.

LLS,  just dive in, can be finished in little over a week. 

For a solo player, PoE is kind of a nightmare. You must capture Teralyst 60 times and that's just for the Quills sacrifices. If you want a full set of Magus Cadence or Virtuos Strike, you need to gain 200,000 (100,000 ea. set) Ostron standing. You will also need 30 Eidolon shards for crafting each set. That's 60 Eidolon shards if you want to craft full set of Magus Cadence and Virtuos Strike.

In order to take down Eidolon shield quicker by yourself, you need a better amp, which requires gain Quills standing, which requires you to take down Teralyst.

I'm not happy about this, because now I will have to run over to YouTube and learn which frames groups use and how they use them. Then I will have to go into recruit to find a group that is not going to go bat sh*t if I don't use X warframe the correct way immediately. I'm going to suck it up, because if others have managed to get this stuff done, then I have no excuse.

2 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Pretty much how I've been treating it. 

Sometimes I'm in the mood to fiddle around on the Plains and do faction related stuff. Most times I'm not and I'm off doing more traditional WF stuff (I did fishing-type chores for 10 years in WoW and really didn't want to do it here). 

I'm betting you will have one or two "carry-over" resources from previous open worlds and at least two or three new resources.

3 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

In order to take down Eidolon shield quicker by yourself, you need a better amp, which requires gain Quills standing, which requires you to take down Teralyst.

This is the catch-22 I ran into myself as a mostly solo player.  Good thing that I don't really care about getting all the amps.  I just want a decent amp so for those few times that I want to fight a Teralyst solo I can.  

47 minutes ago, (PS4)kishteralt said:

I need X for Y But i need Z for X and Y is need it for the mother @(*()$ Y.

LOL.  I noticed this too.  It's the reason I just bought Gara even after having already farmed her parts.  Fishing I don't mind, but EFF that mining BS.  

It’s not as bad as it sounds. Fishing is really easy, but go at night and put some music on and you’re good to go 

as for mining, I mainly do it when I do bounties, either getting to them or on the way to cetus or any mission/goal in the plains. If you do it regularly it’s not really hard. If you get the last mining tool it gets way way easier. Personally I find it kinda fun, I’ve always been a fan of looting like this 

10 часов назад, (PS4)rolandassassin сказал:

I want to create some zaws and amps but the farm seems literally insane for such a repetitive style of POE. 

It looks far worse then farming any relics or whatever else. 

Is it that bad? Or its quicky when you get into it?

Fishing and mining is repetitive but quite easy. It shouldn't take you more than a couple weeks to get max rank with Cetus. That's not grindy at all by MMO standards. 

My only issue with PoE farming is the quills. Their sole purpose is to make your operator "stronger" so you can fight teralysts easier, but in order to do so, you have to farm teralysts. Barely anyone plays operator on normal missions, so it's a chore for something that you probably won't even use, but just want the mastery from the amps and there's only 1 limited way of earning their standing, extremely boring.

Edited by Kiwinille

I think the only real problem is the repetition.  The POE are a very new system for DE.  

-Bounties need to have more variety and not just an easier version of the same ten mini quests.  

-more events that happen with regularity and could have an effect on the POE.  

-any other ideas that could give players reasons to feel and get invested in the area. Also, linking any new open world areas, they’re developing, to the POE.  Otherwise it becomes just a time sync area and not something you develop any attachment to.  

PoE is all about farming resources, and that's the biggest issue for me, I would much rather do bounties then sit on 1 rock looking for Fish to pop up, or run around looking at rocks for some minerals.

I know fun is subjective and Fishing & Mining are fun to some people, but personally I would've enjoyed it much more if it was to craft cosmetics and not a requirement for advancement in PoE, farming Fish scales for Zaws is one of the most boring things I've had to do, but again...that's subjective.

I still pop in there for the occasional Zaw build or testing my luck for an Augur secrets, but most of my Warframe time right now is still away from PoE.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2017 at 7:40 PM, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Interesting idea to have the ability to deploy extractors there. To add on to it, there could be a random mission that could pop up to defend the extractor on the plains. The mission could proc for you if you had a rare resource only, so more incentive to run to the Plains and haul your extractor out of grineer fire. It would get me to go to the plains more often.