The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What music do you listen to when playing?

21 minutes ago, Vexitar said:

The other one has Marvin Gaye, Earth, Wind & Fire, Village People, Boney M., The Kackson 5, Michael Jackson, Bob Marley... stuff like that. Murdering thousands to these tunes is spectacular!

Now this is a revolutionary idea, it must be an epic experience to rock the Motown sound while slicing through enemies! I must try it.

Rob Zombie and John 5, like a lot. Probably 70% of the time I got music on it's them.

Metallica, Maiden, Pantera, etc. Warframe is already good at getting my blood pumping, throw some metal into the mix and I'm amp'd lol.

Sometimes if I just want to chill I'll listen to Ninja Sex Party / Starbomb as well, maybe some Weird Al. I have a soft spot for comedic music.

Sometimes I just listen to podcasts though. Something about listening to someone talk makes tedious grinds seem not so tedious.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

I listen to the game music, and didn't know I could listen to other music while the game was running. :surprised:

Since I like castlevania, maybe I'll listen to castlevania music and remixes. I particularly like the violin and guitar remixes of vampire killer as they all sound wildly different, but are still the same song!

Edited by Redfeather75

Slayer "Seasons in The Abyss.

Ministry between the albums Land or Rape and Honey and Psalm 69

Big Black "Songs about F*&king

Swans All

Early to mid P.I.L

Early to Come In And Burn Rollins Band

Bad Brains

The Cro-Mags "Age of Quarrel"

Fear Less Iranians From Hell

The Birthday Party

Flipper

Germs

The Gun Club.

Or I listen to Jaboody Dubs GTA Roleplay and laugh my asss off.

Edited by MattM01

None.

Music is distracting when I'm trying to play, to the point where I turn off, or at least turn down, the in-game music. When I'm in my orbiter I'll usually have a random video from one of my youtube subscriptions playing.

That said, you guys have some impeccable taste in music.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:47 PM, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

I go through phases. Right now i have been in an extraordinary long phase of nothing but Mastadon, Baroness and Gojira. Like every day for months.

Yes. So much this.

Sometimes some instrumental like Animals as Leaders or Chimp Spanner, as well.

Just wanna share my gaming playlist. It goes song, then band

- Short change hero, The Heavy
- Left hand free, Alt+J
- Kiss the sky, shawn lee's ping pong orchestra feat. nino moschella
- Encore, Linkin Park feat. Jay Z
- Pieces of the people we love, The Rapture
- Busy earnin', Jungle
- Nuclear, Mike Oldfield
- Zero visibility, Rise Against
- Dashboard, Modest Mouse
- Seven sticks of dynamite, AWOLNATION
- Bleed it out, Linkin Park
- Mr. Blue Sky, Electric Light Orchestra
- Lonely boy, The Black Keys
- Take me out, Frank Ferdinand
- Joker and the thief, Wolfmother
- Jukebox hero, Foreigner
- The pretender, Foo Fighters
- Waiting for the end, Linkin Park
- The chain, Fleetwood Mac
- Come together, Gary Clark JR cover

On 1/6/2018 at 8:32 AM, Koloricsi said:

I never really understood people who can listen to music while playing a game. Even if it's something i've heared great many times i'm still interested in listening to the music and sounds of a game. 

The thing is that I play so much warframe that after the few hundred hours that playing music in the background was the only real option left. Why only listen to music or play a game when you can do both? This doesn't apply to overwatch though, as I have to keep up with the sound cues and voice calls, but I will still listen if i'm just practicing.

As for the music, it is strictly done by spotify since my mouse buttons are bound to the "next" and "previous" song action. I just hit random on my whole library and let it run. Consists mostly of korean, japanese, and spanish rock ranging from pop rock to metal. Mixed in with some more "artistic stuff" like new age, stuff like mili, sleeping at last, kalafina. Then add to that all the instrumental stuff that has been posted here from movie and game ost to simply epic songs and stuff from new composers like ludovico einaudi. When I get bored of all that, I do straight up classical, no new version, no shortened pieces, just queue up whole symphonies from all the typical composers (beethoven, bach, mozart, rachmaninoff, saint-saens, tchaikovsky, vivaldi, etc.)

It depends what im doing really.. if im doing a long run say 8-10hrs survival i will listen to hardcore acid trance stuff like "Voodoo Seprano - Blood is pumping" that genre too stay awake.. LOL

But casual stuff

Slipknot

Blue Sthali

Primus

Underoath

Deftones

Placebo

Arkea

Tool

& if im super bored i'll just beatbox my own beats Dupstep & liprolls ftw xD

Good WF Songs stuff like "Sybrid - Warborn" 

Edited by (XB1)VexionZ II

On 07.01.2018 at 12:42 AM, Redfeather75 said:

I listen to the game music, and didn't know I could listen to other music while the game was running. :surprised:

Since I like castlevania, maybe I'll listen to castlevania music and remixes. I particularly like the violin and guitar remixes of vampire killer as they all sound wildly different, but are still the same song!

When did you stole one of my YouTube playlists????

And to answer OP's question -  I listen to a wierd mix of Castlevania OSTs, Shin Megami Tensei OSTs (mainline, Persona 2 and 3, DDS), some random anime OSTs and an enormous variety of Metal (from classics like Black Sabbath to more extreme genres like deathgrind - Cattle Decatipation, Napalm Death etc) with a mix of Japanese metal bands.

Edited by HorridaMessor