Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The recent chat crackdown...

GuezMan

So as of recent I've taken to checking the forums daily for any new news on anything warframe have been for awhile, and my go to tab is the latest staff replies page. Now For the past few months majority of that page has been DE staff or moderators closing and responding to complaints about peoples chat bans. With each topic that gets closed the similarity is the fact that they are chat bans for anything offensive towards race, sexual alignment, religion, so on so forth. Now I for one don't partake in the region chat fiascos that go down, or even region chat regardless, but this has been concerning me only minorly because of the fact that each of these cases are the staff/moderation responding, closing the thread and extending the ban. I'm opening this topic to I guess see the communities reaction to these things, I for one do not condone the accused of the reason behind the bans but it seems like there are swift and severe consequences for anything along those lines previously mentioned which has me a tad concerned.

Warframe is rated 17+ and we still have chat rules that are way too strict. My good clanmate got chat suspended after calling Nezha some 4-letter T-word. It's just a silly joke, but it earned him a week without all chat tabs, including clan and squad. 

9 minutes ago, Suncake said:

Warframe is rated 17+ and we still have chat rules that are way too strict. My good clanmate got chat suspended after calling Nezha some 4-letter T-word. It's just a silly joke, but it earned him a week without all chat tabs, including clan and squad. 

Well ban from all chat tabs is harsh and I don't support it but ppl should be aware that derogatory words / jokes can be offensive to someone else in chat. Unfortunately most of those ppl don't learn from their mistakes. Strict rules are must have at some point. 

Только что, Aeon94 сказал:

Well ban from all chat tabs is harsh and I don't support it but ppl should be aware that derogatory words / jokes can be offensive to someone else in chat. Unfortunately most of those ppl don't learn from their mistakes. Strict rules are must have at some point. 

A shame that Nezha took offence kiss_1kb.1515997117.png

Honestly, I don't think that being over-sensitive and getting offended that easily is healthy. 

2 минуты назад, (PS4)abbacephas сказал:

It's stupid reasoning like this that chat suspensions exist. A game rated M for Mature does not give one carte blanche to act like a complete bell-end.

Why do you put in my mouth these words that I have never said or even implied? Just read my post again, this time fully.

10 minutes ago, Suncake said:

Why do you put in my mouth these words that I have never said or even implied? Just read my post again, this time fully.

It's a bit sad you don't fully understand the implications of what you've said. Rest assured, I've read your post and understand quite well what it implies (even if you don't). I still stand by my response. 

Yes, the game is rated M for Mature and 17+. It's because of this that some swearing is usually tolerated in chat. However M for Mature doesn't mean you get a magical free pass to be racist, sexist, discriminatory, insulting or abusive towards others--this sort of behavior will not be tolerated and is actually the opposite of acting in a mature (read: levelheaded, sensible, civil and respectable) manner.

If you behave in a manner unbecoming of the rules, you have no one to blame but yourself if you get temporarily suspended from chat, and proceeding to complain about it on the forums makes it clear that the lesson of not breaking the rules hasn't really been learnt yet. And if said user was intentionally violating the rules and baiting kickbot or moderators, the phrase "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" is an apt one.