Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EA planning on buying Digital Extremes

(PSN)Neris77

I don’t know if this is true or not, so don’t throw me under the bus if I’m wrong.

My brother works at EA, and he’s heard rumors circulating that EA’s plan to buy digital extremes to get their hands on the warframe franchise. Can’t tell you about my brother for obvious reasons.

When I heard that I was beyond horrified, if EA get their hands on war frame, it’s all over, Warframe going be another horrible pay to win game like Star Wars battlefront 2 and shadow of war, ( shutter)

And this is not so hard to believe, EA has a habit of gobbling up videogame companies when it suits them.

I pray this is false. But I honestly don’t know. But I wouldn’t put it past EA at this point. They live to destroy our dreams.

Can someone please get back to me and dispel this rumor or confirm my fear

You know what,look this way: we can have more and more update in short time. More and more thing's in to the game. And + maybe we cane have graphic update in some new engine. More stories quest,frames,more open worlds and if we can bee the best in the game if some 1 is pay to win then its just better mods like now that we have if you have platinum you can buy rare mods. So its not a big deal... 😀👌

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Neris77 said:

My brother works at EA, and he’s heard rumors circulating that EA’s plan to buy digital extremes to get their hands on the warframe franchise. Can’t tell you about my brother for obvious reasons.

So your "brother" heard something. A rumor.
And you can't give any more detail either.
Seems legit as hell.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Neris77 said:

I don’t know if this is true or not, so don’t throw me under the bus if I’m wrong.

When I heard that I was beyond horrified, if EA get their hands on war frame, it’s all over, Warframe going be another horrible pay to win game like Star Wars battlefront 2 and shadow of war, ( shutter)

And this is not so hard to believe, EA has a habit of gobbling up videogame companies when it suits them.

I pray this is false. But I honestly don’t know. But I wouldn’t put it past EA at this point. They live to destroy our dreams.

Can someone please get back to me and dispel this rumor or confirm my fear

Where did you copy this text from that it has black text formatting?

Can't read on my dark theme.

Imagine;

The Sacrifice DLC - Is Tenno ready to sacrifice ? Will Margulis join to Ballas and turn her back to Tenno ?

Get Rathon Prime Sword ( Ballas's signature sword ) , Lotus Operator Mask and The Sacrifice DLC story for 59.99€

XD

Edited by Aeon94

1 minute ago, Aeon94 said:

Imagine;

The Sacrifice DLC - Is Tenno ready to sacrifice ? Will Margulis join to Ballas and turn her back Tenno ?

Get Rathon Prime Sword ( Ballas's signature sword ) , Lotus Operator Mask and The Sacrifice DLC story for 59.99€

Or buy a new Kubrow Armor for 10$ with our new "Kubrow Armor DLC" 

Since Perfect World holds the majority of Digital Extremes shares, making PW the parent company of DE. For Electronic Arts to buy Digital Extremes they would have to take it out from under Perfect World or straight out buy it from PW. Considering the recent backlash of Battlefront 2, this seems about as likely as a friend's, friend's, friend's father working for Nintendo.

Just now, Emolition said:

As DE is mostly owned by an asian guy (dont remember the name). He would have to be willing to sell them. I think DE make more then enough money for him to keep the company.

It's not an asian guy. It's an asian company.
And DE still holds most of the company themself. 

A number of things here.

First Battlefront 2 was NEVER pay to win, people were just angered over effectively nothing and refused to listen to how the system actually works.
You could only get "updades" to tier 2 from loot boxes which are easily gotten through continual play of the game, tiers 3 and 4 could only be unlocked via actually playing the game and leveling up.
The "better" guns could only be gotten by killing an amount of players in PvP.
I could go on and on debunking the whole situation which absolutely flew out of control by masses who never even bought the game let alone actually looked up how the progression system really works.

Shadow of War is not an EA title, it's WB.
The system there was also in no way unfair to the player, hell the game spits the "premium currency" at you for completing daily/weekly challenges, while streaming the game I accidentally did a challenge and got roughly $20 worth of the "premium currency".
The complaints about grind and pay to win here were by people who never even played the original, grind is literally the game to it's core. (just like Warframe)

So far in the past EA has only bought out companies that were in financial crisis in one way or another, and had interesting franchises that will be profitable no matter who produces the game.
EA would not want DE, they would not want Warframe.
Especially after the over reaction from the gaming community last year.

13 minutes ago, Mynameiswpx said:

Please let this be just a rumor,

EA already ruined one of my favourites, BioWare

do not take my Warframe from me, please...:sadcry:

EA didn't do anything to BioWare.

If you're referring to what happened to Mass Effect: Andromeda, that was entirely BioWare's fault.
It was a team of newbies that had next to no experience, and was led by a prick who is racist against white people.
That studio has since been shut down and staff shuffled into other studios until they learn and get experience.

EA give BioWare all the freedom they could want.

14 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

Since Perfect World holds the majority of Digital Extremes shares, making PW the parent company of DE. For Electronic Arts to buy Digital Extremes they would have to take it out from under Perfect World or straight out buy it from PW. Considering the recent backlash of Battlefront 2, this seems about as likely as a friend's, friend's, friend's father working for Nintendo.

Wrong company. DE is currently under Leyou. PW has nothing to do with warframe. Luckily.

16 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

A number of things here.

First Battlefront 2 was NEVER pay to win, people were just angered over effectively nothing and refused to listen to how the system actually works.

I don't know about you, but complete invulnerability [Boba] and direct damage increases hidden behind a paywall sounds kinda pay to win to me. Sure ,you could argue that you could have farmed them, but that would have required a humongous amount of time since each lootcrate only dropped a miniscule amount of scrap of whatever the thing needed to level the cards was called, and you could only get one every few hours iirc.

Just because you can farm something doesn't excuse the fact that if someone decides to throw a bunch of cash at the game they can have much superior weaponry and defenses from the get go. 

Edited by aligatorno

22 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

EA didn't do anything to BioWare.

If you're referring to what happened to Mass Effect: Andromeda, that was entirely BioWare's fault.
It was a team of newbies that had next to no experience, and was led by a prick who is racist against white people.
That studio has since been shut down and staff shuffled into other studios until they learn and get experience.

EA give BioWare all the freedom they could want.

Next you're going to tell us that EA is actually one of the best companies in the gaming industry. Are you an EA shareholder by any chance..? Because for the life of me I cannot understand why any gamer would ever defend EA.

EA is Unicronic Arts, they buy a company, they milk the associated IPs dry, then they discard the company and keep the IPs for possible future abuse, look at Visceral, at Maxis, at Westwood. That is what EA does.

As for the actual topic at hand.. if DE is foolish enough to ever go into bed with EA, they, quite frankly, deserve what that same EA would do to Warframe.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

I don't know about you, but complete invulnerability [Boba] and direct damage increases hidden behind a paywall sounds kinda pay to win to me. Sure ,you could argue that you could have farmed them, but that would have required a humongous amount of time since each lootcrate only dropped a miniscule amount of scrap of whatever the thing needed to level the cards was called. 

Just because you can farm something doesn't excuse the fact that if someone decides to throw a bunch of cash at the game they can have much superior weaponry and defenses from the get go. 

Paying could only get you so far, like I outlined in my post that you obviously didn't read.
Paying only got you up to Tier 2 upgrades.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to get Tier 3 or 4 out of loot boxes, they can only be EARNED via gameplay or crafting.
IMPOSSIBLE TO GET VIA LOOTBOXES.

Not to mention that the Battlefront series has never been about the Heros/Villains it's about the troopers, you have to earn the right to even get to play as a Hero/Villain, so sure you might have payed to unlock a hundred loot boxes, but that Tier 2 damage negation for your Boba wont mean anything if you don't have the skills to even earn the right to play as him on the battle field as a trooper first.