The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Free Tennogen on PC

djdnqn

On 1/16/2018 at 8:13 AM, Urlan said:

In this case, it exists, you just don't have it until you play on a linked Steam account and buy it with Steam wallet funds. Just another journey for 'fashion frame' endgame I guess.

You don't actually need it to be linked. I'm not on ked but I'm still able to buy them. Not entirely sure how though... 

My steam is still linked to a very old account I used to use but no longer care about

On 1/15/2018 at 4:34 PM, Madway7 said:

At this point I'd just be more accepting of Tennogen not being purchasable with plat on PC if we got 1 time use market discounts (like consoles have) added to our log in rewards

On consoles though, The 75% codes don't apply to tennogen stuff , bundles (turns out most stuff is put in bundles, armor sets, decoration sets, you name it), slots and pretty much everything of value you want to purchase in the store asides from deluxe skins end up being included from the rebate. I litterally have a whole wishlist of items and 90% of the stuff in there is excluded from the discount.

Considering PC gets a flat 75% discount on plat purchaes sales, I think you get the better deal by far. Granted Consoles do get punctual sales, but they usually never go above 50% on platinum purchases, and plat is more expensive on consoles I believe.

On 1/15/2018 at 9:25 PM, Emolition said:

I only use it if its forced onto me and putting warframe on steam is a no no for me, warframe is  way to good of a game to be on steam  =). 

Mostly I don't understand the reason for a 3rd party program to be running to be able to play the game most games got friend list in them so no reason for that. But the biggest reason  I hate steam with a passion is from one of the very first games I started playing with my brothers on steam. Warhammer dawn or reconning or something like that it was called and this game had a last stand (20 waves battle) and here is where the fun starts. 95% of the times you would get close to wave 20 you get the message "steam maintance" and the game kicked you out this could happend like 3 times in 30min. On steam there was nothing really going on that I could see no patching or anything so what this maintances was I still don't know. This happend so many times that it made it near impossible to even try to reach wave 20 before steam would kick you out.

After that I just try to avoid having a 3rd party program tell me when I can and cannot play if the game have a server downtime so be it but if a 3rd party program can kick you out when ever they want is just wrong.

I dont own all the dawn of wars but im pretty sure that Dawn of war 2 has last stand mode AND Dawn of war 2 atleast used to use Game for windows system that worked like S#&$. So you are blaiming Steam/Valve for thing that is microsofts fault. 

I have bee using steam for 10 years and i have never heard of this Steam maintenance thing on any game that uses steam servers. 

On 1/15/2018 at 2:45 PM, Wind_Blade said:

It's good to support the creators but all the people can not necessarily pay them more if it was cheaper there would have been less demand for the pass in pl because seriously 7 euro for a skin ... .
In addition the consoles have a 75% on the market which is even better than the 75% platinum for most people.

It's doesn't cover Tennogen, or bundles, only single items, like a shoulder piece. I rarely save anymore than 40-50 plat. Our plat also rarely gets discounted, usually only twice a year, and only at 40% which is why plat has a higher value on console. DE also pay the artists out of their own money I believe, so nothing is free.

Console players buy plat with cash, we give plat to DE, DE pays artists.

Nothing is free.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

On consoles though, The 75% codes don't apply to tennogen stuff , bundles (turns out most stuff is put in bundles, armor sets, decoration sets, you name it), slots and pretty much everything of value you want to purchase in the store asides from deluxe skins end up being included from the rebate. I litterally have a whole wishlist of items and 90% of the stuff in there is excluded from the discount.

Considering PC gets a flat 75% discount on plat purchaes sales, I think you get the better deal by far. Granted Consoles do get punctual sales, but they usually never go above 50% on platinum purchases, and plat is more expensive on consoles I believe.

Ah ok, I thought it applied to most items, though assuming you're a free player that doesn't buy plat (which is the majority I believe) getting a plat discount is basically like getting nothing.

I just think it should be added in addition to the discounts considering its limitations and the fact that PC players cannot farm up plat to buy Tennogen

11 hours ago, TpHlNepu said:

I dont own all the dawn of wars but im pretty sure that Dawn of war 2 has last stand mode AND Dawn of war 2 atleast used to use Game for windows system that worked like S#&$. So you are blaiming Steam/Valve for thing that is microsofts fault. 

I have bee using steam for 10 years and i have never heard of this Steam maintenance thing on any game that uses steam servers. 

As I said the pop up you got when you got kicked said steam maintance  so who should I blame when I get the name in my face   bob burgers?  I just went by the infomation I got shown to me.

Sorry, that I will skip most forum posters trough the topic, and I am sure that some people already pointed that out but...

Tennogen in steam is one of the most stupid things in the game. 
Don't play the "hurr durr Steam items" (because Tennogen skins are not that unlike of Rubedo and Phased skins) card.
Don't even whimper the "but who pays Tennogen artist (The same person that pays them when you purchase them on console)".
Don't be an elitist jerk that thinks that pay to own skins are the bomb (I have tennogen skins).

In a game in which skills pay the bills, and has one of very few functioning Premium currency, DE decided that it is  not worth it.

PS: Imagine if.. let's say 10 tennogen skins become purchasable with plat for a week. Just 10 randoms, do you consider how much plat will be displayed out of the game?

I believe if the content creator wants it, DE could put out a plat version of their Tennogen skin with maybe different default colors for players who want that item. that way it balances out for both parties, while not treading on Valve's toes.

The prices are pretty high for some of the items and Artists only get about 30% as far as i've been told, so i don't think the Tennogen program is even that fair to the creators themselves, but I guess that's for the creators to say not me.

12 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

You can link your WF account to steam? 

You still need to run it through Steam to get Tennogen.

Since Steam causes a few performance issues for me, I have to keep two different versions of the game up to date if I want to both play regularly and get Tennogen, which may not be an option for those with data caps. Not to mention the hard drive requirements.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:35 PM, Cubewano said:

First of all don't call it free because that's entirely misleading and is going to quickly get your suggestion over looked, platinum is a paid currency, buying it with said currency does not make it no longer cost money, it just alters the pathways the money goes through. Secondly,  if you want to sell a company on an idea, you should be trying to convince them they win from it, not that you feel you'd win. 

I fully agree it would be more pleasant if platinum could also be used to purchase tennogen though, if DE could manage it without any significant complications/losses. 

This ^^. Plus if you think about it, per Tennogen item, if you convert the platinum it costs console users to purchase vs. the real cash PC users pay .... PC users are getting the better end of the deal.  (This is given that the console user doesn't farm for plat and rather buys plat.)  Per item it is a minimum 75 up to 160ish plat which is around $10.00 to approximately 25.00 US currency rounded up.  Real cash it is around $6.00 US currency if I remember correctly.

TO combat the farming plat comments, more people buy plat then farm for it.  This means that DE is getting money which is then refunded to the creator's in turn for the amount of platinum spent on that creator's items.  (Not sure if they receive cash or platinum for this)