Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Another Crossbow?

LegoBoom29

So ive been using the Attica crossbow fow awile now and I realized that currently there are only 3 crossbows in the game and i can say from experience that crossbows are quite fun to use so maybe we could get another one with the next warframe/prime release?

but crossbow its an bow... acting as rifle... with silenced shots... that can bypass bow-only sorties...

besides i'm not against new crossbows and i know that there's the feeling of the weapon, but the general mechanic is similar to Boltor series, with Hush equipped and lower ammo clip

7 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

What is the third crossbow? I only know of Attica and Zhuge. Unless you mean the Balistica series, but those are hand crossbows.

What I would really like is a true heavy crossbow, with good crit and a miter-like charge mechanic.

Yes I was talking about the Ballistica but a real heavy crossbow is something im looking for

1 hour ago, LegoBoom29 said:

So ive been using the Attica crossbow fow awile now and I realized that currently there are only 3 crossbows in the game and i can say from experience that crossbows are quite fun to use so maybe we could get another one with the next warframe/prime release?

5 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

want a single shot crossbow that is high crit and high damage, kind of comparable to sniper rifles 
but it is technically a bow.

41 minutes ago, LegoBoom29 said:

Yes I was talking about the Ballistica but a real heavy crossbow is something im looking for

I agree with you all. We need a charge-based crossbow; like a giant version of the Rakta Ballistica with some cool mechanics and such. It would be so freaking epic. 

3 minutes ago, UMBRAREAPER said:

I agree with you all. We need a charge-based crossbow; like a giant version of the Rakta Ballistica with some cool mechanics and such. It would be so freaking epic. 

The main convenience crossbow have over regular bow is when you reload 
it remained charged, and can hold until you discharges a weapon.

I suppose the charging would be the reloading, once loaded it kind of function
like a rifle.

Supposingly Lanka would be already that if you are thinking of charged primary that does not lose charge

over time.

There are two ways to use the existing game mechanics to simulate a high-powered crossbow's fire rate:

1. Have a magazine size of one, with a long reload time (1.5 seconds or more). This would be annoying due to reload speed mod mechanics, but could be exploited by increasing its mag size with mods.
  2. Have a charge trigger, somewhat like the Lenz/Miter, and either a large magazine or no magazine. This would not give you the ease of use that the first would offer, but could be modded more easily due to using fire rate mods (and the 2x multiplier on fire rate mods that bows get).
  3. Have a normal magazine and trigger, but a very slow fire rate (0.5 base), similar to our pump-action shotguns. I personally thing this would be the best course of action, as it doesn't slow you down before firing, but doesn't also have the modding problems of a long reload time.

Maybe one that specializes in some other damage type, doesn't need to be slash or impact, could be a weird elemental one, with a secondary fire shooting an arrow with a connective line that allows you to zap enemies with guaranteed electric proc, secondary fire following zapping would pull them to you for an easy finisher, continuing with primary auto fire would just allow you to keep shooting, or just a rapid fire Zakti type that shoots arrows that explode into gas clouds, less recoil hopefully, could have less damage but a good chance of stunning enemies in the gas blast maybe.

Single shot Grineer crossbow with two firing mods.

• Fire Mode 1: Fires high crit, extremely high damage round that deals Impact/Puncture damage (60/40 split). Initial velocity splits the difference between Attica and Zhuge, but after a short distance, a small rocket motor kicks in and quickly accelerates it to maximum velocity (which is where it achieves its full crit chance and damage). There is no drop on this round, has a flat trajectory.. Velocity should be comparable to Ferrox.
  • Fire Mode 2: Fires a low velocity canister with moderate crit and high status chance. A direct hit with the canister Impact procs and knocks down. Canister projectile splits the difference between the Zarr and Zhuge for velocity, though velocity is closer to the Zhuge than the Zarr, while drop is closer to Zarr than Zhuge. Upon hitting fire again, the canister explodes, shotgunning high velocity projectiles in the direction it's flying. Projectiles possess punch through, high velocity, and a 75/25 mix of Slash and Puncture damage. Projectile spread is moderate and uniform, though projectiles only fly a finite distance before dissipating. High damage potential for skill shots.

43 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

One should really check crossbows' stats...

One shouldn't be a snobby prick who thinks I haven't...

I hate all of the crossbows that currently exist in game. When it comes to crossbows, I like what the OP has suggested - something similar to an Arbalest. A heavy, single-shot crossbow. Not a repeater / automatic, not a burst, a single-shot sniper-style weapon.

None of them feel good. None of them feel strong. They feel weak as piss.

Edited by HadronVictorioso

13 minutes ago, HadronVictorioso said:

One shouldn't be a snobby prick who thinks I haven't...

I hate all of the crossbows that currently exist in game. When it comes to crossbows, I like what the OP has suggested - something similar to an Arbalest. A heavy, single-shot crossbow. Not a repeater / automatic, not a burst, a single-shot sniper-style weapon.

None of them feel good. None of them feel strong. They feel weak as piss.

One shouldn't have extremely high standards for weapons...

Shall we continue this little game?

Anyway, Attica and Zhuge have great stats. Attica combines high damage, good crit and high ammo efficiency while Zhuge is great crit/status hybrid.

Also, Attica happens to have strong disposition while Zhuge neutral.

And I too would love more conventional, single target crossbow with cool reload animation.

Edited by Slaviar

10 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

One shouldn't have extremely high standards for weapons...

I don't. My favourite weapons are the Latron Prime, Gorgon Wraith, Braton Vandal, and Vectis Prime. My favourite secondaries are the Lex Prime and the Stubba. 

I was talking about how they feel to use and how effective they are. Zhuge and Attica feel bad to me.

10 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

And I too would love more conventional, single shot* crossbow with cool reload animation.

This is all I'm asking for, without someone attacking me for stating how I feel about weapons I don't like.

Edited by HadronVictorioso

13 minutes ago, HadronVictorioso said:

This is all I'm asking for, without someone attacking me for stating how I feel about weapons I don't like.

Well, you can't deny your post looked like you refered to stats, not weapon feel.

Edited by Slaviar

13 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I want a single shot crossbow that is high crit and high damage, kind of comparable to sniper rifles 
but it is technically a bow.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

and maybe in the styling of the Bastillica, sort of like the Big Brother Version of it!

I always wanted a big heavy infested crossbow. Slow firing/reloading but high damage.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Multi-Melta said:

Perhaps what I want is true ballistae in the game. Essentially a giant crossbow with a large projectile and 8.0 punch through.

600 puncture would do good, but the real downside is the reloading speed. Near instant travel time as well. Huh.

Basically this.