The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Excalibur end game viable?

(PSN)obed2004

Question

There really is no end-game. What is your definition of end-game? Any Warframe is capable of Sorties, and if you are pushing your limits in endless, I would suggest other Warframes depending on the mission (not Excalibur in my opinion).

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Yes.

He scales very well throughout the game, and can do most missions without much issue on his own. He, like most frames, just needs the right build. His current Exalted Blade build does insane amounts of damage, and combined with Life Strike he has further survivability.

Perfectly good for it. Excalibur at endgame has fair durability while possessing a solid get out of trouble power which serves as a gap closer and mobility tool in his 1, an excellent fight-stop power and melee damage steroid in his 2, and a phenomenal offensive ability in his 4. His 3 is lackluster in endgame/sortie/level 100-ish content, but otherwise his kit holds up very nicely.

You can mostly ignore Voltage's comment, as the game is neither balanced nor designed around content past level 100 at this time, even though it happens to exist.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

Yes but he requires a bit more investment than some other frames.

That said, he is definitely viable for most content in higher levels.

Main issues will just be energy conservation (and managing health loss to energy gain, assuming you use a rage/hunter adrenaline with life strike build).

He is also a tad squishy so at some point, it boils down to how fast you can use Radial Blind and/or how fast you can kill before being one-shotted.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

25 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

You can mostly ignore Voltage's comment, as the game is neither balanced nor designed around content past level 100 at this time, even though it happens to exist.

Just because it isn't designed around 100+ level missions, doesn't mean you can't play them. If you play the game at the "intended" content level, you reach a point where your gear sneezes enemies away up to level 80. I asked them a legitimate question. End-game is what you make of it. Some enjoy endless missions even after the fall of the Orokin Void Towers.

He's not exactly a tank but if you're good at using radial blind and have even an ok-ish melee weapon setup yes and evem moreso with chromatic blade.

Though as he's a melee focused frame without a way to really soakup damage i recommend handspring to deal with the inevitable knockdowns as level 100 and up that can be a death sentence.

As long as the enemy is shooting just bullets at you. Excaliburs durable as hell. But if they shoot something at him that he cant parry, he folds like a wet noodle.

Is Excalibur engame viable? Not really, but that doesn't matter because there's basically no endgame anyway! You wont find anything that he really cant do, or at least not for a very long time.

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Um, so Excal isn't good for endgame because you never used it?

I used it, but then i found out that most of the cases it's useless so i stopped using it when it comes to high level missions.

You have to realize that after +3700 hours, i have developed a different play style from others.

As i said, for every type of mission there is a frame and a weapon that i use, and Excalibur is not among that list because IMO, i can do better with other frames

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

I used it, but then i found out that most of the cases it's useless so i stopped using it when it comes to high level missions.

You have to realize that after +3700 hours, i have developed a different play style from others.

As i said, for every type of mission there is a frame and a weapon that i use, and Excalibur is not among that list because IMO, i can do better with other frames

You seem to be having a bit of trouble with the meaning of the word "viable." Allow me to define it for you. Merriam-Webster's definition 2A is the context in which it is used here.

Viable: 2 a : capable of working, functioning, or developing adequately

The word you seem to be confusing it with is "optimal." Would you like me to look that up for you, too?

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

I doubt OP played as much to develop the same playstyle. Though with my 3500 hours, 70% of which are on Excal, I developed the style no frame can fit as much, and to me Excal is perfectly viable for any sortie, even solo.

But this playstyle involves a lot of movement and dodging and I'm not sure anything close to it can be performed with gamepad.

He can manage is the best I can offer, he's far from high functioning, but he's not completely invalid either. That said, ever since void 2.0 high level content is virtually null, so there aren't many situations you'll be in where you need an over preforming frame to begin with. For near all normal content (sorties included) you can completely manage with Excal. 

If you are for some reason doing endless runs still though, long ones, no I would not recommend Excal unless you really really want to play him. It will be tasking. 

Edited by Cubewano

People, Chromatic blade is a bad mod. It will make you do less damage, not more. Why? Because Condition Overload is a thing, and Chromatic blade kills your IPS, turning it all into one element. Maybe if Condition Overload didn't exist sure, but it does. Which means you don't want less Status types happening, you want more.

Take a look:

Don't use Chromatic blade, its not a good mod.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

No,

I always do high level missions and sorties and never used it

I have a frame for every situation but none of them is excalibur

That wasnt really an answer. He asked if Excal is viable.. not if Excal is best in those situations. I too have many loadouts prepared for different types of missions and none of them is excal but that doesnt mean he isnt capable