Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

Like seriously, unless a way to make our ember damage output scaled of something, Crowd Control utility will win over damage output. How come you failed to realize that Ember literally will have no serious endgame viability with her range taken off by half amount if we chose not to retoggle once per 5 seconds.

Even if u mod Ember with 280% range atm, it will shrink to 140% range just in 10 seconds, thats too much and too fast of a reduction imo

Even if Ember does 1 dmg to lower level enemies with her WOF, an ember that has speed mods using a scoliac with tons of attack speed will still probably kill everything else in the lower level missions faster than the majority of the players in a PUG unless there are other frames that has huge range aoe attacks with mobility.

How about nerfing slide attacks and maiming strike instead?

The same goes for Sortie level mobs or Kuva Flood, Ember doesn't kill anything in those missions but provide decent CC while on the move....that's where melee Embers who are "Abusing" slide attacks shine. 

Again, how about looking into maiming strike and how it interacts with Blood rush and nerf the hell out of it as well?

Before anyone says, nerf scoliac, atterax, guandao or whatever, please, its not the weapon in this case, problem lies with the mods and how the math is done with blood rush and maiming strike or critical chance on slide attack.

Edited by yrtsim3k

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

To make it clear, you play star chart content and have never played Higher tier solo OR you have no idea how range, WoF and FQ interact. 

Then i guess DE, the ones who made the bloody game don't know either do they? as they're the ones implementing these changes not me... joker. I'm simply stating that i like the changes their making but what would they know, you clearly know more about warframe than the people that made it don't you?

22 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

This is what happens when DE allows for miss representation of a frame.

9/10 of the "nerf Ember" weekly topics came from people with close to non experience or the desire to learn and improve.

^

This is a person that plays Ember. They would not care if WoF does 0 damage as long as FQ and Fire proc is applied, because this is the only thing that keeps you afloat.

assuming you cant die, because u cant die

how do u balance not dieing? by not allowing killing by not allowing shooting?

Hell remove the damage from WoF, integrate FQ in it and remove the enemy cap and actual Ember players will be happy af.

ember is a damage frame, not a cc frame like volt, not every frame need inf cc spam to survive

thats not so say her powers dont do cc

you still have the full range when u first turn the power on, its jsut to prevent u from having the massive range 100% of the time

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

27 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

If he puts it on Infested missions, however, he protects nothing but enemies, actually.

If you hate the globe so much, just tell the Frost to pop it, im sure any good frost players know how to pop it, teach the frost player to get narrow minded and chilling globe combo, or you know, stand in the damn globe and shoot from inside

1 minute ago, Glavenusaur said:

Then i guess DE, the ones who made the bloody game don't know either do they? as they're the ones implementing these changes not me... joker. I'm simply stating that i like the changes their making but what would they know, you clearly know more about warframe than the people that made it don't you?

Actually, DE do in fact make quite a few decisions suggesting that they don't understand the game's mechanics, interactions, and emergent systems on the same level as involved players.

Please recall that DE think that Slash Status is good because it 'stacks'.

Just now, Glavenusaur said:

First of all "joker" while I have decent level of respect towards DE, they are just humans and humans do mistakes, if you are going to be a blind white knight and suck up anything they do, be my guest - but don't force it on other people.
Secondly, this is not about DE and what they do - it is about YOU purposely insulting people because YOU don't have enough knowledge and experience in the game and forcing the lack of those upon other people.

7 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

To make it clear, i actually like ember, and this thread is because i like her enough that im willing to accept she has flaws that need to be worked, i don't want her to become a frame for people to just sit on while they're AFK but a frame people can actually strategise around, and have more use than just destroying low level mobs by simply activating WoF, the more they can balance her and scale for mid to end game, the better it is for everyone who likes, this makes her more viable for content she was previously useless for, which means you can play her more often, what do people not understand about this?

Also...dude. People who actually play Ember at high levels keep telling you not just that you are wrong, but why you are wrong. At high levels, Ember's raw ability damage might as well be errant drops of piss in the wind, but her CC output is phenomenal. This change does not give Ember meaningful damage, but does remove huge chunks of her CC ability.

You have now been told this more than ten times.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

ember is a damage frame, not a cc frame like volt, not every frame need inf cc spam to survive

thats not so say her powers dont do cc

you still have the full range when u first turn the power on, its jsut to prevent u from having the massive range 100% of the time

Dude, can you please not play possum with me

Ember's current kit was created in update 11, while the game scaled a lot slower (among a lot of other changes - hello there, coptering how is life), and indeed for the time being she was fitting the DPS role.
3+ years later she shifted into CC frame.
With the proposed change, she will not be a DPS frame again (guess what - flat damage means almost nothing in post sortie content) she will not be a CC frame either - so, why should people be happy about it?

45 minutes ago, Twilight053 said:

No, its:

Damage: 2.0x

Range: 0.5x

Efficiency: 0.5x

So it's 2.0 x 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.5:awkward:

Hm, what if it's 0 (zero changes) x 2 (damage) x 0.5 (range) x 0.5 (efficiency) = 0 (zero changes)? :D

Meanwhile, 0 (zero changes) + 100% (damage) - 50% (range) - 50% (efficiency) = 0 (zero changes). We have an equation here.

10 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Is it real CC though if it works once and only once? to me it's just something that goes "here they'll stop shooting you for a second so you can put your gun to their nose and pull the trigger" 

If you're talking about Firequake augment, it works consistently, but the timing of WoF attack can happen to attack when they're "busy" getting up and won't get knocked down in result(do keep in mind about ancient healers too, if they happen to be there). I'm guessing that is what you were talking about when you said "Is it real CC though if it works once and only once? to me it's just something that goes "here they'll stop shooting you for a second so you can put your gun to their nose and pull the trigger". But if it's Accelerant you speak of, then I can't quite grasp what you mean: I understand it as "Accelerant only works on enemies once, and that is not real CC". Clarification, please?

10 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Is it real CC though if it works once and only once? to me it's just something that goes "here they'll stop shooting you for a second so you can put your gun to their nose and pull the trigger" 

If you're talking about Firequake augment, it works consistently, but the timing of WoF attack can happen to attack when they're "busy" getting up and won't get knocked down in result(do keep in mind about ancient healers too, if they happen to be there). I'm guessing that is what you were talking about when you said "Is it real CC though if it works once and only once? to me it's just something that goes "here they'll stop shooting you for a second so you can put your gun to their nose and pull the trigger". But if it's Accelerant you speak of, then I can't quite grasp what you mean: I understand it as "Accelerant only works on enemies once, and that is not real CC". Clarification, please?

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

i assume you mean along with like, dividing the Damage Resist value of Overheat by like, 3, right?

i sort've agree - but World on Fire could work via being something of a primer for the other Abilities, where World on Fire doesn't do much on it's own but the other Abilities radically increase the effectiveness of it.

and then if each 'explosion' on World on Fire is changed from a single Enemy hit to an actual like, geyser-esque explosion of fire? would be some very pretty VFX to go along with, and able to be very effective in an active manner via the other Abilities heavily feeding into it.

or a new Ability entirely, i'd be fine with that.

But accelerant sorta fills that roll tbh

And you know the concept is wrong because they tested it with ash’s BS before they gave him the marking mechanic, and they said it was very broken and OP....WoF is basically like that, but in lower lvls. So I’m blaming it on the concept 

This ‘fix’ is rushed. Maybe because they thought “well, maybe it’ll get buried behind the other WF changes, so let’s do it now” and that does sound like something they’ll do, they did it before...but still, idk. This ‘fix’ reminds me of viver gate tbh. They should let it be and think of something to replace it 

That’s why I hate these batched changes, especially for WFs...you know they’ll get at least something totally wrong. Working on them separately is a way better approach 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NovahX said:

Accelerant stuns enemies caught within its range for 1-5 seconds depending on enemy type, but you can continuously cast Accelerant for chain stunning to get out of sticky situations especially when WOF's Firequake augment does not KD an enemy or enemies around you.

But Ember's primary source of CC comes from her Firequake Augment which KDs enemies caught within the range, but it does not always hit everything its range, thus Accelerant comes into play for quick spammable stuns if energy permits to run for cover or to go in for kills on enemies that aren't KD by Firequake.

Edited by yrtsim3k

9 minutes ago, tycekxD said:

Sadly, you have destroyed my favourite warframe Banshee Prime :))))))

it only change her 4th augment, in fact u dont need to wait the range to grow for max growth in 20 seconds since its already doubled upon deploying, making banshee a better cc on the go imo