[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

THANKS... Hyped for Volt ...

I wonder how Ember will perform now.Give BARO a primed Streamline to cope up with increased energy cost at max charge.:devil:

Edited by GoldenGrey
more thoughts came into mind :D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 26

Whoa...
They weren't kidding.

Gotta start reading...

Overall, this is a step in the right direction. I like Chroma's changes (not sure how the calculation changes will affect him, but I like the aura Vex Armor idea), I'm a bit indifferent about Ember's changes (She's still basically the same, and it feels more like a straight nerf to her overall usefulness even if her damage is getting buffed. She's too squish and has to rely on her damage potential at range because enemies any closer will most likely one-shot her), I like Atlas's changes, I feel like Gara's Mass Vitrify buff is a great addition. Also, I'm glad to see Banshee's augment not being made useless, but rather a portable Soundquake. That's a nice change, imo.

Also nice to see Volt and Mag getting a bit of a buff, without Volt being thrown a bit too far in that regard.

And Zephyr, it was more of a tweak rather than rework. I think that she deserves a bit more.
All in all, this is a great step. A bit 'rocky' but, I think that only good can come from this in the end.

Without being able to test any of these, I can't say for sure whether they are good changes or not, but on paper, these seem to be mostly great changes. I'm looking forward to these changes coming to the public build for us to provide feedback on.
Thanks for the work on these frames!

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 17

Yo, since Volt is becoming a dps with that discharge change, can Shock receive a pass to be more offensive oriented too?

I like everything I've seen here really. Usability is very underrated. 

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 16

Thanks! Time to read! 

My opinions on the purposed changes,

Ash

• The Bladestorm rework is absolutely an amazing change for Ash. I’m glad you’re able to OPT into the Bladestorm animation with teleport, definitely a win win situation for players that may or may not like the animation since it is optional to OPT in or not.

Atlas

• Love how we’re able to walk while using petrify, definitely looks more smooth already, hopefully the gameplay feels even smoother while using petrify. The only real grip I have with petrify is how slow you walk while using it. The ability should work like how Spectral Scream is going to be. I really do like the rubble function, hopefully it will make Atlas way more survivable during missions.

Banshee

• During the gameplay that we were shown, the Resonating Quake changes look positivity good. The augment mod offers an entire different play style from the current way Banshee works which is incredible.

Chroma

• The ability to run around while having Spectral Scream active is a massive buff towards the ability alone. We all knew the the Vex Armor nerf was going to eventually happen, we just never knew when. I’m mad and happy about the Vex Armor Change, I’m happy for them fixing the broken ability, but I’m also mad at the fact that they’re fixing it after so many months being in the game. However, the ability for an entire squad to get the buff from Vex Armor is a plus.

Ember

• Ember’s World on Fire is receiving a deserved nerf and a buff all at the same time, which I’m certainly glad about. You are still able to kill all the enemies far away from you, but the range will shrink every few seconds, which is good since being able to kill enemies across the map was broken. However, the buff aspect of WoF is that the damage will be doubled while you have the ability active, so that’s a big bonus for Ember.

Gara

• I’m extremly glad that Mass Vitrify is getting a massive buff like the way it used to be, but even better. I do love how the health of the glass wall will scale from how many enemies are caught in it. That will make Mass Vitrify higher level territory again, which I’m pretty happy about.

Mag

• From all the changes and tweaks that has happened to Mag, these two changes to both Poloraize and Crush are really good QoL buffs.

Volt

• Volt finally receiving a Quality of Life buff that should have really happened a long time ago. I am really cheerful with this one though, mainly because Volt is pretty good right now, be will be even better. The no damage cap on overcharge is a amazing buff to the ability and Volt overall. He will finally be able to kill enemies with his 4th ability.

Zephyr 

• I don’t know how I feel about this rework, I like the changes and then I don’t. I’m glad that Divebomb and Tail Wind got merged into one ability, which makes sense since they both worked the same. The new ability, Air Burst, sounds pretty interesting and fun. The only thing I do not like about Zephyr is her current 4th ability. I feel like the ability should be taken out of her kit, and her new 4th ability should make her be able to fly like a bird, like Titania, but with actual wings, that will make her more bird like.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with most of the purposed changes. There’s things here and there that need a bit more changing, other than that, I’m pretty happy.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm on board with most of this, I just wish they'd think of a way to remove the Bladestorm target-marking stage. Make it a hold-and-highlight like Hydroid's barrage, or something. 

But anyway, interested to see how this plays out.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 14

At least they're straight to the point on the big reason for the Chroma change: don't oneshot our bosses. If you figure out how to do so, we'll put a stop to it.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 66

Loki could use some offense and the ability to do direct damage. When his decoy dies or expires, it should do AOE Blast damage and knockdown. You could also allow manual detonation by holding the 1 key.

• Woah 3
  • Upvote 11

So I gotta ask do we still need to consume the whole 75 energy if we want to join in on bladestorm? It appears the change is more for utility than anything else but still it would be nice to know if overall the energy cost was also increased in a way to just do what we can right now with BS.

(Or maybe an additional tap lf the 4 once the ability is cast)

————

Oh and for Volt the change is just fantastic but I gotta ask since you’re going for damage is Shock going to be touched? Since it already has neglible stun with only the damage being worse.

Edited by RahuHordika
  • Applause 1

How will Landslide augment be played in case of petrifying? As a different petrify? As a new augment? Synergy revolving around slowing down already slow frame is not what I expected...

Also, can you please stop with "nerf this nerf that", and start focusing on ridiculous armor/etc scaling on 100+ lvls?

Next thing, energy consumption. You are forcing us more and more to move into uncomfortable zone with energy gains, and using "the one and only" mod setup. Which, tbh, is ain't fair. 

PS. took you long enough to consider damage scaling based on enemies... Now, wouldn't it be better to just implement it WF wide, and this way reduce scaling of damage/hp/energy costs? It's better to work on %% than solid numbers.

Edited by Xyhon
Reasons
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 18

Just now, RahuHordika said:

So I gotta ask do we still need to consume the whole 75 energy if we want to join in on bladestorm? It appears the change is more for utility than anything else but still it would be nice to know if overall the energy cost was also increased in a way.

Teleport only costs 25 energy and can be lowered further if you're in smoke screen or if you have the efficiency mods.

Besides that I still feel like it should cost nothing if you teleport to join in

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I'm not massively knowledgeable about chroma so simple question for people which knows ins and outs. How large nerf is this? 

4 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

ouch ouch ouch on the chroma nerf, there goes my solo teralyst farming

Go watch a vid of Oberon killing 6 in one night solo. The solo is totally possible still. Chroma just won't be as potent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 16