The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE destroyed Chroma

Dark_Chroma_Prime

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Sorry i meant my roar says 149% damage increase. My build actually has 299% power str. Sorry for the confusion :crylaugh: .

But then it's the same as for Chroma. Chroma's damage increase now works exactly as Rhino's does. That's what they "fixed": making Vex Armor damage buff work like all the other damage buffs in the game.

vor 1 Minute schrieb rune_me:

But then it's the same as for Chroma. Chroma's damage increase now works exactly as Rhino's does. That's what they "fixed": making Vex Armor damage buff work like all the other damage buffs in the game.

Nope. They're changing the formular from being multiplicative to being additive. The only reason why vex armor is so OP and oneshotting teralysts is because of a BUG that allows the damage buff to double or even triple dip into itself when using elemental combos. This bug HAS to be fixed. That's all. But they're additionally also changing the formular so the damage buff doesn't work off your final damage AS IT SHOULD, but instead works off your base damage and thus behaves like another serration/hornet strike. I don't want to slot in 2 power strength mods and sacrifice other things, only to get an effective damage increase of around 45% maybe. Now do you?

11 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

I have to disagree with you, because if Vex Armor infact used the modded stats, then it´s another sad Story of DE taking so long to fix something. Everything in this game only counts the bas Warframe stats and Chrome should be no expectation.

And btw, with the fix he is also getting a buff for the whole team, but I know people tend to only see the dark side.

I agree. That's something even I keep forgetting to mention; at the end of the day, DE just doesn't want Chroma to be that "DPS" guy; the combined DPS that the entire TEAM will give out with the new rework is going to be greater than what Chroma could've ever done alone. 

18 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Honestly, I`m not sure all the other buffing abilities work the same way. 

With a 580% amp I get 1.1k damage from 401 initial damage.  [Latron Wraith on lvl 140 Corrupted Bombard, since the damage will be stable]

With a 101% roar I get 941

A 350% Fury Chroma give 5.5k from 401. Talk about not being op compared to the others :))

Roar seems to be multiplicative, simple doubling the total damage, while amp might work how Fury will work , increasing the base damage or something. 

Edited by aligatorno

14 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Nope. They're changing the formular from being multiplicative to being additive. The only reason why vex armor is so OP and oneshotting teralysts is because of a BUG that allows the damage buff to double or even triple dip into itself when using elemental combos. This bug HAS to be fixed. That's all. But they're additionally also changing the formular so the damage buff doesn't work off your final damage AS IT SHOULD, but instead works off your base damage and thus behaves like another serration/hornet strike. I don't want to slot in 2 power strength mods and sacrifice other things, only to get an effective damage increase of around 45% maybe. Now do you?

In DE's own words, though: "Boost now apply before upgrades instead of after, making the ability consistent with all other damage boosting abilities."

EDIT: Maybe roar is an exception then. I never used Rhino that much. Expect incoming nerf, I guess :-)

Edited by rune_me

The thing that bothers me the most about Chroma's fix to Vex Armor...is that DE knew there was a problem and the devs sat on it for ages and only thought "this is a problem that needs fixing" when players started really exploiting Vex Armor to allow Teralysts to be more easily dropped.

While this fix is needed...the problem should have been addressed when it was first identified. This is really irresponsible of them and it's sad that it took a bunch of opportunists cheesing Teralysts for a couple of months for them to actually do something about Vex armor.

To all you Chroma players...I don't blame you for making OP builds to get Teralysts to drop faster: They're enough of a slog to defeat as is and you all spent a bunch of Forma to try and make the fighter shorter for all concerned.

Edited by MirageKnight

Gerade eben schrieb rune_me:

In DE's own words, though: "Boost now apply before upgrades instead of after, making the ability consistent with all other damage boosting abilities."

I know what they've said. And that is simply wrong. Not every other damage boosting ability works the same. It's mostly just the newer frames. But oh well, what can i say. Not even DE is aware of how everything in the game works.

vor 1 Minute schrieb MirageKnight:

The thing that bothers me the most about Chroma's fix to Vex Armor...is that they knew there was a problem sat on it for ages and only thought "this is a problem that needs fixing" when players started really exploiting Vex Armor to allow Teralysts to be more easily dropped.

While this fix is needed...the problem should have been addressed when it was first identified. This is really irresponsible of them and it's sad that it took a bunch of opportunists cheesing Teralysts for a couple of months for them to actually do something about Vex armor.

To all you Chroma players...I don't blame you for making OP builds to get Teralysts to drop faster: They're enough of a slog to defeat as is and you all spent a bunch of Forma to try and make the fighter shorter for all concerned.

Completely agree. This only leads to people getting used to absurd chroma damage and when it gets fixed, people feel like it's a nerf. I was like "Okay, already expected it to be fixed some day." until i also saw the new formular which is effectively a nerf, one that really shouldn't happen. 

Just go with the freaking opticor, it doesn't matter what frame you have, it one shots stuff regardless. Also, chroma would simply add an overkill on top of the overkilliest overkill weapon there ever was, even if it got nerfed a hundred times. 

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

This is already how all other damage buffs works. I wouldn't call Rhino's damage buff useless, would you?

There are actually very few other buffs that work on Base Damage rather than Modded Damage in the game, Octavia's Amp and Mesa's Shooting Gallery are the only two I can think of that use the formula they are changing Chroma's to.

Ember's Flash Accelerant, Saryn's Venom Dose, Frost's Freeze Force, Ember's Fireball Frenzy, Volt's Shock Trooper and Oberon's Smite infusion buffs go off of all mods minus Elemental Damage Mods.

Rhino's Roar, Mirage's Eclipse, Mirage's Hall of Mirrors, Ivara's Navigator, and Saryn's Toxic Lash go off of fully modded damage.

vex armor was broken since the beginning, but the way DE handled this was a little crappy. you'd think they would've handled this earlier instead of leaving it for nearly 3 years. 

i should add that, IMO, Chroma is fine and doesn't really need the change, just like how Trinity's 99% blessing was fine before its nerf.

before you yap at me for being fine with what is basically invincibility for the entire team - they are both high-risk high-reward ability that requires you to damage yourself up to a certain point, with trin requiring you to hit the absolute bare minimum health. and the higher you go the more dangerous it becomes because letting level 150+ enemies hit you generally isn't a good idea. what makes them "OP" was due to self-damage contributing to their stats. all they have to do was change that and they would have been fine IMO

Edited by TotallyLagging

1 hour ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I’m supposed to believe Chroma wasn’t working as intended and only after three years they’ve suddenly “noticed” it?

The thing is that they knew about it for a long time...and did nothing about it.

Except when Chroma started making it far easier to bring down Teralysts...THEN it needed to be fixed. Not as fast as the "fix" to say...Shield Disruption...but hey.

2 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

DE are terrible liars. I’m supposed to believe Chroma wasn’t working as intended and only after three years they’ve suddenly “noticed” it?” Yea no. sorry, you’re not pulling the wool over anyones eyes Digital Extremes.

Or they have a general idea of the problems in the game and they get to what they can fix quickly or things that are considered game-breaking first. A new piece of content that takes an issue that didn't need immediate fixing (Chroma on release) and makes it into a bigger problem that demands faster fixes (new boss being stomped easily). See the Arca Plasmor and the release of Harrow's new augment.

They cannot and should not be expected to be able to see every piece of content all at once and see how each new piece of content will interact with everything, perfectly. They test everything they release, as much as can be expected of a studio their size, and see how it shakes out when used by the 10s of thousands that are playing at any given moment.

I play the game because I find it fun. I don't care enough about a video game to apparently think the devs are trying to brainwash the players or that I can read their minds.

So you know when you're playing Chroma and you see the Vex Armor buffs in top right corner of your screen, and they show you the percentages of Armor and extra damage that Chroma has stacked onto himself? Those percentages seem pretty fair, right? Well in the current build, the actual numbers on Chroma are significantly more than what's displayed based on weird calculations. Fixing Chroma so that he's more in line with other buff-oriented frames is not a terrible thing. We'll have to play with the changes and maybe even ask for a buff, but I think those Vex Armor percentages as they're actually displayed will do us just fine.

15 hours ago, Dark_Roxas said:

Valkyr is just a kitty on her period, you cant call her a berserker

Really with this? Highest Armor in the game, an attack speed buff, Finishers, lifesteal and engaging melee gameplay, and Valkyr is not a berserker? If you don't like her, that's okay, but Valkyr is the berserker Warframe.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Leviathan6 said:

-Snip-

Dude you are killing me. Chromas dmg output was literally absurd, all other dmg buffs combined couldnt do what he did solo. He still will have the strongest dmg buff in game, but its not enough for you right? You wanna know the reason why now? Because they plan to add more eidolons , plain and simple. 

Edited by NovusNova
Removed Quote

14 hours ago, (PS4)Leviathan6 said:

-Snip-

You knowingly agree when signing up for this game that it is in beta, or to use a phrase less polluted by modern gaming, active development. If this were the case, that there is a period of time after which devs cannot fix bugs, the game/software industry shuts down. No hyperbole.

Every feature in this game has or will change, from minor alterations to being removed from the game entirely. DE cannot actively look at every piece of the game at all times, they must shift their focus and put resources into some things, some of the time. They are not EA, they are not Ubisoft. They can't just break it into pieces and give each to their 7 subsidiary studios.

The game is free, every person playing could just stop buying Plat tomorrow. That is their assumption. They have a budget today that will allow them to do X, Y and Z. With that, they have to make new content, look at old content and plan for the future. They have to get people to spend money on it. Every person that spends money on this game does so with either the explicit or expected understanding that the thing they are buying can and probably will change at some point.

Given the pace of development, there comes a time when something released shines a light on a previously released piece of content that causes a problem. Vex Armor is fine for 99.9% of the content in the game, even with the bugged math. DE introduces the Eidolon. Chroma is immediately able to one-shot the limbs. This is a problem. Time for VA to get the attention it didn't need before but needs now.

Arca Plasmor. Works fine for 99.9% of the time, but now an idea for a Harrow augment is implemented. This causes the devs to see an unintended interaction between the augment and a shotgun that is supposed to do CC and is now doing lots of headshots. This weapon was never supposed to be used like this, so they bring it in line with how they want it to work. This happened within a rather short amount of time, I guess you have to be OK with this one, right?

Vex Armor was out of control and was brought in line, what do you think is happening here?

Trinity is a ghost? Then I must be haunted.

That's it, Chroma was too popular. Didn't see anything but Chroma anywhere. It's always about money, namely the $0 that they charge to download and play the game. What connection is there between the Corinth and the Arca Plasmor?

Edited by NovusNova
Removed Quote

I understand your sentiment, but you must agree that chroma, although powerful was bit bland to play and all that power was mostly in vain anyways, for true endgame content having to wait to recast your 2/3 was an issue, and frame was far from perfect. 

I would agree to chroma rework and slight nerf anytime - if they improved on his powers, made better power synergy /team synergies and improved his 1 and 4 and damage scalability. Even if he loses 50% of damage 250% bonus will still be enough to 2-shoot eidolon limb and destroy everything that game throws at you with melee, no matter of level. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

13 hours ago, NV1337 said:

-Snip-

His buff was never 400%, thats the entire point here. It was in thousands range. You cant buff eidolons because its : 1. a lot more work, 2. the problem will presist for every new bosse they will have plans, 3. other frames would have no chance killing them.

Edited by NovusNova
Removed Quote

20 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

A full mod Opticor can 2 shot even minus the Chroma. He is just overkill for bounties, which is why he's not seen often when things like Mesa exist.

I am sure you should know that. Damage is not all.

and with chroma i can dedicate multiple mods to fire rate letting me 1shot everything in site.