Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How large are those Corpus Spider Mechs that were shown?

(PSN)supersocc11

I'm really hoping they are really big!  I have been playing a crap ton of Doom 2016 and coming back to warframe feels less bad ass because I'm not killing big enemies that are extremely mobile and scary.  Yes I know, WF and doom are vastly different games, but I couldnt help but wish that WF had larger, faster, and scarier high tier normal enemies....right now we have; bombards, gunners, and scorches who just walk around waiting to get rekt; Bursas that look like cute tiny tanks with heads; Ancients that walk at 0.5 mph.  I know we have massive eidolons, but those are basically a different game mode outside of the normal gameplay loop.

Kuva Guardians and manics are good enemies that feel threatening and i would love to see more like them.  That's where I am hoping that these Spider tanks come in.  I hope they are really big and quick and somewhat intimidating.  Maybe I just need someone to remind me how powerful grineer, corpus, infested, and sentients are since i have been playing this game for so damn long....Am I the only dingus putting thought into this?

sRLqsfY.png?1

While I can't find the actual comparison image they made (it was on one of their Dev Streams), they dropped an Excalibur into the frame for comparison. If I remember rightly, It was about the size of the small one's blade leg. The yellow and blue variants that have been shown are of equal size to the large one shown here. They did say that may change though.

Edited by KokoroWish

3 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

A single finger digit. But they come in swarms of a thousand.

considering how we can only just hit Maggots (smallest enemy) at the best of times, swarms of tiny Spider-robots would be kind of terrifying.. unless you use the Ignis.

on topic, I believe the smallest ones will basically be re-skinned Hyenas; about the same size, wall-hopping and climbing abilities, etc. the larger ones though should be the Venus Landscape's answer to the Eidolons, and it would be pretty unsettling for many if these giant-A$$ spider mechs start jumping around like crazy. normally you'd expect something so big to be slow and lumbering, but seeing a spider the size of a Teralyst jumping about like we do would seriously put the shish up most people, and would make for a more interesting engagement IMO.

also, the green one looks like it has shaving Razors on its legs. I will forever call it "The Gillette Spider". 

26 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

A bit disappointing. I had the impression that the smallest one reached up to a warframe's chest. Oh well.

Though, not all hope is lost. Maybe we'll get a bigger spooderboss.

Hide contents

sean-bigham-089.jpg?1492559214

Where'd you find this set of concepts sir/mam? Preliminary thoughts on what these "scuttlers" (personal name) should be?

Also, I'm inclined to agree with some of the folks here, something big, but, not Eidolonic should be out there somewhere. Think that's why I was working on a "dinosaur proxy" Venus project for a bit, fill in that niche.

On 2/15/2018 at 5:31 AM, thekevinater said:

its as big as excal thesean-bigham-sb-corpus-arachnoid-size-cha art concept from sean shows excal next to them

yep yep. this guy is right. that image is straight off of Sean Bigham's Artstation Page. Guy's on the art team so yeah XD