Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could rhino using roar be used to kill teralysy since chroma is being nerfed? Probably dumb question but answer would be appreciated

(PSN)DarkFist91

As a team, yes, because Chroma builds tend to have next to no range (unless someone makes a decent range build for Vex Armor to benefit the whole team). Chroma also needs to be nearby allies since, again, it's an aura. Rhino, well, just press 3 and gain instant damage boost after cast.

My self, and a few friends of mine actually took down the teralyst almost as fast as before, with at least two of us using the same OP build, and there was at least one point in time where we one shotted a joint because all of us being chroma using vex armor at the same time, it was a little hysterical. So Chroma's nerf wasn't a complete nerf like when they did away with Ember's flame cloak, but you might be able to use Rhino for teralyst hunting, tho I still suggest taking chroma, Trin, and Harrow as well.

Edited by Weird_Stealth

Vex Armor can still be desirable, if you are using very preferably a Primary Weapon, that doesn't use Heavy Caliber, that doesn't have a Riven with +Damage. (tl;dr the more +Damage your Weapon has to start with, the less effective Vex Armor is vs other Damage increasing Abilities)
then the Chroma just needs some additional Damage increase applied to him.

keep in mind though, that the Teralyst was massively nerfed as well. (~6.7x less Health than before)

Edited by taiiat

well, it wouldn't hurt: Rhino Roar is pretty good as far as flat-out weapon buffs go. the Dream Team I sometimes was a part of was Chroma, Rhino, Harrow and Trinity. Chroma handled the majority of the DPS, Rhino buffed others raw damage and would be the medic, Harrow would provide invulnerability during energy spike and crit buffs, and trinity would keep the lures alive. nowadays I usually tag-team with me as trin and my friend as either Rhino or Chroma.

Volt also has his uses, since his Shield can be used to buff Amps as well as regular weapons. there are probably others that work too, but these are just my preferred choices.

Chroma was already nerfed, and he's useless now. Even against eidolons, which were his shtick. He has dirt poor range no matter the player, as you need to dedicate your entire build around ability strength in order to notice any damage increase as Chroma's Vex Armor no longer affects mods, unlike Roar and other abilities, which means a 600% multiplier will only affect your Opticor's base 1.7k damage, not the 6k damage you get from mods (which Rhino multiplies), so that huge 600% damage boost only actually results in the equivalent of you firing off one extra shot from your gun. His armor also doesn't affect mods, so good luck facing anything over level 50 lol

GG, DE. Break his only redeeming ability then stay silent when you realize what you gone and done.

Funny thing is, I see alot of crying about Chroma.   But its still killing Eidalons easily without a build change.   No different than before, tank the attacks, operator kills shields, chroma knocks out a joint, repeat till done.    That being said, Rhino does fine as well, and will buff whole team.

2 hours ago, p3z1 said:

As a team, yes, because Chroma builds tend to have next to no range (unless someone makes a decent range build for Vex Armor to benefit the whole team). Chroma also needs to be nearby allies since, again, it's an aura. Rhino, well, just press 3 and gain instant damage boost after cast.

Hold my beer

unknown.png

2 hours ago, (PS4)DarkFist91 said:

Just wondering if you could use a roar build rhino to take out a teralyst? 

Yes. I actually Solo Teralysts as Rhino.

I use Rhino, my Ardaza Kavat, a Sniper of Choice (Lanka cause I like Corpus, but Vectis works too), Aklex Prime, Twin Krohkurs.
Just need to dodge more, and strategically place Lures so they don't get bombed to crap.

Rhino Roar basically makes any weapon hit like a Tank, Iron Skin allows you some breathing room & or the ability to tank 1 (not 2!!!) volleys of blue orbs.

Chroma rework (don't want to say nerf, cause it still has good sides) made very little change to his own builds, range got some sense at last and duration became much less crucial for him.

Instead his rework made +damage stat in weapon builds worse, because now Fury buff stacks additively with mods like Hornet Strike. That makes Euphona fall out of the eidolon hunters' good weapons, instead sniper rifles became much better choice.

Speaking of Rhino, his Roar multiplies total damage, so Rhino+Chroma standing in Vex Armor's range both get great damage buffs from each other and can work much better than two Chromas, if your need second DD in your squad.

Well you can try Rhino along with Volt,Harrow and Trinity, Since rhino's roar bonus combined with electric shield's electric damage bonus which can help amps o/p better and when shield down phase it gives extra 200% crit chance along with harrow's crit buff. Did a few runs were pretty fast plus shields went down faster.

Edited by SharkPot

16 hours ago, taiiat said:

Vex Armor can still be desirable, if you are using very preferably a Primary Weapon, that doesn't use Heavy Caliber, that doesn't have a Riven with +Damage. (tl;dr the more +Damage your Weapon has to start with, the less effective Vex Armor is vs other Damage increasing Abilities)
then the Chroma just needs some additional Damage increase applied to him.

keep in mind though, that the Teralyst was massively nerfed as well. (~6.7x less Health than before)

Really? When 

16 hours ago, JohnKable said:

Tested both few times and its more or less the same (damage wise) having a buffed rhino or chroma.

Both can 3-5 shot the teralyst depending on the sniper without any other external help (other players, adarza etc)

Really? Was gonna be my next question tbh. How are you modding your rhino where it can rival vex armor?

8 hours ago, (PS4)DarkFist91 said:

Really? Was gonna be my next question tbh. How are you modding your rhino where it can rival vex armor?

to break a limb in 3-5 shots you need a fully modded sniper and the delta between 2 and 5 shots is about criticals mainly. And this is solo
If you are in a squad with any other small buff and adarza kavat you dont even need a fully modded sniper for that.
Usually for rhino going over the +100% damage buff achieves the goal. but since snipers can be kinda unreliable on orange crits really depends on how many you can get.

With chroma you can achieve even better results by having specific rivens that gain more profit from a 600% base damage boost than having the full damage doubled from rhino roar. in this case we are still in the 2-4 shots range, so alot of effert for very little benefit. And still depending on crits to achieve the 2shot result

P.S. - good positioning and shooting where others players do ALWAYS achieves the best results no buff can compensate that. Same for the team, a balanced team always achieves best results now matter how strong and well equipped a single one is

Edited by JohnKable