Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Operator naming instead of using login for a name

AncientAyys

I recently found out that the Operator uses the account login for a name, which can lead to some hilarious and lore unfriendly names, because not everyone thinks of a lore-friendly name when picking a login( I myself avoid naming my accounts the same names as my characters, so as not to self insert into these characters). I wonder, could DE give us the possibility of naming the Operator, rather than using a login as their name.

Edited by AncientAyys

IMHO, No.

There needs to be some accountability.

If a player with operator name ABC do something that hurts the team like afk or troll, we need to be able to know what ABC is and not have to ask around the team or search the profiles to find it is player XYZ which by the time the culprit may have fled.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

^this right here.
Your email is needed to log in, nothing else. So there is no problem to change the nickname. And if you don't want to pay, then make a new account. Or use a proper name right from the start.

I don't think that's what OP meant.

I think OP wants a separate name for the operator.

Unless I misunderstood then in that case, I agree with what you and SilvaDreams have said.

Oh god yes, please. Even if it costs plat to rename yourself, I don't care.

21 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

I agree; separate name for our Operator for the 7 places it shows up in in-game dialogues would totally fix my immersion.

Just look at it like another cosmetic change for your Operator. You're not going to complain that fashion frame is supposed to fix your immersion, either, are you? :P

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

9 minutes ago, _Ruby_Rose_ said:

I sense a joke in this, but I don't know quite yet.

There is no joke. The game won't allow the name "Ballas", that's all.

7 minutes ago, McDuffMan said:

if you're talking about a separate IGN that bosses and certain inbox messages can refer to us by instead of our usernames then... yeah sure. why not?

But what's wrong with the username? And if the username isn't that great what's wrong with changing it?

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)SupremeMorpheus said:

Isn't it 200pl to change your username on PC? I know it's certainly not free on console

It is. And you know what? You can trade that. You don't have to pay with your own money.
Really, DE should use their database-space for better stuff then useless names. If people have that much trouble to get "immersed" because of their S#&$ty names, then they should pay the plat and change it. Or maybe people think about their name when they start instead of putting random letters in there.

Do notice that most of us had no clue of what the true nature of the Tenno was when we started playing. xX_LotusPounder69_Xx might be a fun name to use with friends, but not exactly a proper name for a Space Child.

Only by the time the Second Dream rolls around you realise that "KelaShafter420" is not a very immersive name, and 200 Platinum is a lot to fix that. Also, wouldn't a name change bother your Friends/Clanmates?

11 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

If people have that much trouble to get "immersed" because of their S#&$ty names, then they should pay the plat and change it. Or maybe people think about their name when they start instead of putting random letters in there.

As someone that uses this name for pretty much everything, I take offense in that :P