Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #107!

[DE]Rebecca

Hi, I have a question about the current Daily Tribute system, which I understand you have talked about changing in the near future.

I'm a fairly new player to Warframe, I think I've hit 72 days.  Enjoying the game a lot. 

I would consider myself a fairly hardcore gamer in general, I like to min-max etc.  But it's a bit disheartening to see Warframe and weapon builds using mods that I won't have access to for another 130 days, 330 days and 530(!) days of logging in.

Particularly with the recent buffs to beam weapons, it sounds like Primed Shred is quite good on some of them.  But I'll have to settle for a significantly inferior mod (25% less fire rate, 1m less punch through) for another year and a half.  If it was just a 20% boost in power from normal to Primed, I probably wouldn't be as annoyed, but they are close to a 90% increase!

Have you considered allowing these mods to be gained in other ways?  Perhaps from Baro Ki'Teer?

I'm all for rewarding players who have been with the game for so long, but I feel it should be primarily cosmetic items, rather than mods that are so essential for certain builds.  With the recent surge of new players to your game, I just think quite a few will be as frustrated as I am to have a lot of very useful items locked away for months and months.

Thanks.

On 21/2/2018 at 7:44 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Who:  Rebecca is joined by the usual suspects Geoff, Steve, Sheldon, and Scott!

What:  It’s our fifth anniversary of Devstreams, almost to the day!  Since our Devstreams often deliver work in progress content, there’s many things that haven’t seen a release! You see our ideas sometimes the same week we come up with them, so let’s take some time this Devstream to give status Updates on “the-many-things-that-we’ve-shown-but-not-released (TMTTWSBNR for short)". Take a seat at the meeting-room table, hear some updates, and perhaps get a glimpse at the very certain future of Venus!

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Mirage Prime Access and Warframe Prime Vaults!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this February 23rd at 2 p.m ET!

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m ET on Friday, February 23rd!

Cuold there be update regarding Umbra in this update?

I want to know if there are plans for a shortcut for Operator customization and amp equipping on arsenal, and if there will be amp modding in future.

If there's plans for conclave rework, maybe with the help of amazing eternals group integrating it's system on warframe?

Also, could this happen pleaaaaase? https://forums.warframe.com/topic/925049-de-on-the-sgt-rework-john-prodman-could-get-you-covered-if-nef-anyo-dont-want-to-go-back-on-job/

Any updates for the sacrifice quest? (Few devsteams ago that the quest will come before the Venus open area, ps:'Nef Anyo')

Really like the idea of the dark sector mode but it will be more appealing for older players if it has old event rewards for the floor levels and more things to do then just kill kill to open a door to the next floor like find a capture target that is running around the tile, or destroy a rector from the corpus/grineer ship, defend an area like interception for a few-mins at a time, find and press the power plates like in LoR, just a few ideas to open the door to the next floor. It will be nice if there was a boss floor just for re fighting old bosses on higher levels or just randomly throw a vor in the corpus tiles or any other boss (or even Specters) units in floors. (Even have a floor with nothing but Specters, like a mix and match from other players)  It will make it more interesting if you guys put a dark sector boss like the colossus/stalker/chorma in a 'boss floor' and make the players face them like the player has to in dark sector.

Just an idea, but love the work you people are doing for 5 years and it just keeps on coming with context and pushing a game that was nearly nothing but now 'clem approves'. 

With all the development of the cinematic quests and the various events/operations over the years creating more lore for the game, are there any plans to go back and revamp the early game content so new players get a better idea of whats going on and who certain characters are? or create a more linear timeline of events in-game storywise? example: Alad V's fall from the Corpus board and things leading to his fate on Eris.

Will you consider reducing the potential grind for acquiring decent stats on Rivens?

Players are already subjected to ridiculous levels of RNG to simply obtain Rivens for the weapons they want to use in the first place, and while I realize this drives your trading market rather vigorously it also limits Rivens as "rewards" for the player to get through playing and promotes them as "merchandise" to be perfected and sold. I've passed 60 rolls on my Braton Riven and I'd really like to be released from this Kuva hell. I'm not looking to turn a profit; I just want to help my weaker weapons keep up.

Will you consider refining the control scheme for Sniper scopes to make them more compatible with enclosed tiles and alleviate aim-glide frustrations?

I cover a simple and effective way to accomplish this here.

Will you consider adding a marker to bug threads indicating when they have been seen and logged by a Dev?

It's tiresome to report bugs, and all the more unappealing when it is frequently a fruitless task - many hotfixes go by and you have no idea if the devs simply aren't aware of the issue or if they've logged it but haven't been able to determine a fix. For example:

• Nekros Shadows draining energy from Oberon's Renewal.
  • Nekros Shadows refusing to teleport correctly on recast, wasting energy and crippling Shield of Shadows.
  • Elemental FX appearing on Nikanas and Gunsen (possibly other weapons too) even when toggled off through options.

It'd be a lot more rewarding to contribute if we could be aware of an individual bug's status.

Hi and happy 5 year devstream anniversary! :D

On this week's prime time several fan arts were shown featuring operator syandanas / capes and I was kinda wondering which direction the devs are leaning towards when it comes to these:

• we get operator syandanas at some point,
  • do they get something lighter, like scarves, instead,
  • or currently not on the operator dev. roadmap?

anything on the orbitor animations?  

and is the infested room going to be more usful then being a gross room that heals your zit? (and whats the extra chat in the pod thing for.)

and lastly, is there any plans to upgrade the orbitor, or is the orbitor complete, and if so, is there going to be a new place for our orbitor to dock and get repairs/ upgrades. like our own hangers in the void? (that would be awsome to have option for paint jobs, and maybe even have new layouts of the orbitor. like the old one. and some newer ones.)

Archived