Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

public Matchmaking filters for warframes

Fylas

Let's be honest about it, some warframes are just plain HATED, be it loki's switch teleport, embers world on fire  or just plain old limbo preventing you constantly from picking things up or fighting. A lot of people have warframes they don't wanna play with our just plain out hate. So why not  instead of forcibly changing frames to prevent certain playstyles or punishing people for using them add filter option layouts  for public missions so you are not paired with frames you absolutely do not want to play with? 

There are quite a few people that will outright ragequit a public mission if they see limbo  or complain nonstop whatever they do. Warframe is pretty big in terms of player numbers, it should be able to survive people being picky for public match ups rather then wasting time and effort on trying to punish people for certain playstyles. Especially since it doesn't even seem to work most of the time. Look at ember, people complained they don't get any fighting in in public missions and in return her range was halfed, her energy cost and damage doubled. The result? now people in public can do what people complained about even BETTER and her other builts took a serious hit, which results in more people using ember exactly in the way people complained about. Wouldn't it have been simply to just make it that people can decide if they want to join a party containing the frame they don't like or simply not consider such parties at all and go for one without ember?? 

It's the player that matters, not the warframe, you might be filtering out players that increase mission efficiency.

I understand that some players are just not that apt into using certain warframes or they use them to well to the point you don't like it either (some players like less efficienct mission and that's fine, just don't complain about grind when you intentionally decide not to grind), but a great player will always outpace anything, doesn't matter if you like using ember or not, or even sliding to kill, great players will compete and may even surpass that and those may appear in the most unusual warframes in the game.

Likewise, players that afk or don't even bother doing anything in the game exist in all sort of MR and warframes, filtering prevents nothing, trust me, i have played over 30k missions and i perceive who is doing something and who isn't.

I can already see why it would be a bad idea to filter frames. While it's a good idea on one hand, on the other hand it would only enforce the Meta even more..

Most people want to grind fast and efficient obviously, but the problem here is that not EVERYONE wants to play by the Meta (including me). What this would do is basically seperate the playerbase unnecessarily. Not only that but it would probably make it harder to find any other players to play with.

Sure, it's nice not having a Limbo in your game who keeps spaming stasis or whatever but if everyone could make it so that they don't ever play with a Limbo ever again, every Limbo player ever would not be able to find other players anymore (depending on how this system would work).

In other words, if you don't want to play with certain frames, use the recruiting chat. owo

2 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

It's the player that matters, not the warframe, you might be filtering out players that increase mission efficiency.

I understand that some players are just not that apt into using certain warframes or they use them to well to the point you don't like it either (some players like less efficienct mission and that's fine, just don't complain about grind when you intentionally decide not to grind), but a great player will always outpace anything, doesn't matter if you like using ember or not, or even sliding to kill, great players will compete and may even surpass that and those may appear in the most unusual warframes in the game.

Likewise, players that afk or don't even bother doing anything in the game exist in all sort of MR and warframes, filtering prevents nothing, trust me, i have played over 30k missions and i perceive who is doing something and who isn't.

that might be the case but I'd rather have a filter setting that lets people avoid builds they dislike that constantly having to come up with new builts because my augments  or abilities got replaced due to some people afk farming with ember and such things, especially since equinox pretty much got world on fire turned up to 11 >_> it now has bigger range, still bigger damage, can stunlock without a augment , ignores armor with the dots and when you turn it off you get a insane damage wave from the overtime build up. But ember is a problem.... 

If you want to control who you play with, start talking on Recruiting. If you use Public matchmaking you are saying you do not care who or what will be in your group, merely that you also want to play this node.

1 hour ago, Fylas said:

that might be the case but I'd rather have a filter setting that lets people avoid builds they dislike that constantly having to come up with new builts because my augments  or abilities got replaced due to some people afk farming with ember and such things, especially since equinox pretty much got world on fire turned up to 11 >_> it now has bigger range, still bigger damage, can stunlock without a augment , ignores armor with the dots and when you turn it off you get a insane damage wave from the overtime build up. But ember is a problem.... 

If you think Maim and old WoF are the same, then I'm not sure much can be said here.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

If you want to control who you play with, start talking on Recruiting. If you use Public matchmaking you are saying you do not care who or what will be in your group, merely that you also want to play this node.

If you think Maim and old WoF are the same, then I'm not sure much can be said here.

oh they aren't I think the slash damage is actually way more useful in some ways but I looooved fire stunlocking large areas :3 , what I'm trying to say is that maybe it would be better to add opt out options for certain frames then to either gimp or alter frames, removing entire playstyles, I miss the old banshee augment ;_; 

1 minute ago, Fylas said:

what I'm trying to say is that maybe it would be better to add opt out options for certain frames

This will never happen.

Here's a fun scenario: you start playing this great game you heard people talking about. You pick a starter and, for various reasons, this frame is seen as "bad" by the meta-mind. People just basically follow the meta and block this frame. You now have a near impossible time finding any groups. You stop playing the game.

This is a nightmare scenario for a free to play game.

This will never happen.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This will never happen.

Here's a fun scenario: you start playing this great game you heard people talking about. You pick a starter and, for various reasons, this frame is seen as "bad" by the meta-mind. People just basically follow the meta and block this frame. You now have a near impossible time finding any groups. You stop playing the game.

This is a nightmare scenario for a free to play game.

This will never happen.

guess it was a pipe dream :< I was just hoping that would stop em from constantly revamping frames in ways that screw with my playstyle XD

1 minute ago, Fylas said:

guess it was a pipe dream :< I was just hoping that would stop em from constantly revamping frames in ways that screw with my playstyle XD

They revamp frames when they start being picked more than usual or when it impacts their ability to actually design a game and not an idle clicker.

I've run a low level alert with an old Ember and not seen a single enemy from start to extract. If that was what was regularly happening for beginner players? There was no way in hell that was going to remain a part of the game.

X frame is seen as a "must have" for a given piece of content that is supposed to take time and effort? It will get a hard look from DE. Minor bugs that trivialize trivial content become major bugs when they trivialize harder content.

This is the way it has always gone and will always go.

On 2/24/2018 at 7:19 AM, DJ_Vauban said:

Sure, it's nice not having a Limbo in your game who keeps spaming stasis or whatever but if everyone could make it so that they don't ever play with a Limbo ever again, every Limbo player ever would not be able to find other players anymore (depending on how this system would work).

Good.

They could probably learn that particular playstyle is better off done solo.

Edited by Wesgile

I would filter out all limbos. I'm so bored of seeing one every single mobile defense mission, whether its sortie level or level 3-7. 

That said, i'd never get a hydron group either because I play loki and people frequently ask "why are you loki on hydron? You're mr 24, go banshee. "

On 2/24/2018 at 12:45 AM, Fylas said:

Wouldn't it have been simply to just make it that people can decide if they want to join a party containing the frame they don't like or simply not consider such parties at all and go for one without ember?? 

Not happening any time soon .

If anyone really hate a frame so much that they feel obligated to leave a game that they are in, they should probably be forming groups in Recruiting chat. All I ever personally want to see (setting my loathing of Limbo aside) when it comes to basic matchmaking is that minimum standards be met. EG Sorties. I'm not sure if it is set for the Eidolon bounties but I think those should be locked behind the first Mote (AMP) quest, that is all. When it comes to wanting the perfect group for those that is all on recruiting chat. 

When it comes to the complaints and the ZOMG NERF (insert frame) NAO threads, simply not being in the groups with those frames isn't going to stop that. Because it isn't about the frame "ruining their day" it is about the fact that that frame exists and someone somewhere not even in the same game being able to "play the game wrong" being enough to infuriate those people. 

For example I watched threads in the Minecraft forums where people would go on tirades, hundreds of replies long about how Mojang NEEDED to do something about peoples ability to build houses out of dirt. And these where people who where playing single player games in some instances but the very notation that someone somewhere was "playing the game wrong" was so insufferable for them that they needed the game changed to force people to play it "correctly".

Which isn't too dissimilar to what I see in a lot of Warframe threads about frames people don't like. 

The other big problem IMHO being "top damage" and when any player/frame takes top damage by a mile people get super tilted and they really shouldn't.