The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So sick of trading chat, why can't we get an auction house?

S5alad

En 2/25/2018 a las 0:49, Nakrast dijo:

Because Warframe has a free market, and an Auction House will only make the life of goldsellers a lot easier and ruin the game.

Trade chat is fine as it is, use filters and you will do ok.

A big NO to Auction Houses (and same goes for marketplaces).

You do know that in an AH the players stil put the prices no? Witch means it's stil a free market..

Goldsellers...  exactly how do you envision them generating the so caled "gold" ? Just like player X asking for 1k pl for riven M? 

Ffs get your head out of your a%& and either aport a valid argument for or against or go home...

As for the OP +1 market place/AH is a needed feature coz of the dificulty related to selling and buying that a wall of text chat brings.

Edited by kaotis

Omfg yes..... we NEED A AUCTION HOUSE!!!! I'm so tired of dealing with petty, greedy, selfish aholes!!!!!! its a complete CRAPSHOOT to trade anything, noone knows a good price... not everyone is so lucky with drops and i think its unfair that people exploit this i want to play but i spend WAY TOO MUCH time in trade chat trying to get a little bit of plat just so i can buy a weapon piece that i need for the crappy syndicate to upgrade, i used to like this game but im slowly growing to hate it because of all the greedy people, im NOT the ONLY one who thinks this way, there are many people who are starting to feel this way, if you dont do something about this soon, I will stop playing this game cause i get a headache just trying to navigate the DAMN trade chat its too fast and too greedy, you have the perfect place for it too use Maroo's Relay she can be auctioneer, something has to change, i know there are people who agree with me on this, just as i also know that im probably going to get alot of flak from posting this but at the moment i give 0 cares about how other people will respond, AUCTION HOUSE IS NECESSARY, we need it like Inaros needs his sand, its time to stop nerfing stuff and actually create something that will help the tenno community, its really not alot to ask......... PLEASE????

On 25.2.2018 at 1:05 AM, taiiat said:

since Trading doesn't have any taxes, making it a one click process to Trade (i.e. making almost everything worth 1 Plat) is bad business.
and Players are very against about having Trade Taxes, even though every good system has one...

there are some exceptions though, Rivens have so many permutations that special support is very helpful with them. luckily we have a few Websites dedicated to Trading them. the rest of the Tradable stuff though, there aren't any permutations to speak of and therefore they aren't complex enough to need special support.

on the other end of the scale, an 'Auction House' does also make it easier for small groups to monopolize the game, basically like how the Stock Market works (where people that wish to can print money while burning Companies to the ground).

How are you going to monopolize the game when you still have a daily limit on trades? A monopolization only actually works when you don't have a limit on how many trades you can do per day.

7 hours ago, sixmille said:

Most people don't trade currently, because it's time consuming

Wrong, warframe.market makes it super easy and not even time consuming.

7 hours ago, sixmille said:

With an auction house, there would be a huge influx of items on the market and a ton of new sellers, but the buyer's market would still be limited to people who spend money on F2P games (and it's really not many). More sellers + no more buyers = huge price drops.

Wrong again, number of sellers and buyers will not change. Market already exists, read my post on how market price works.

It is called auction house but in reality nobody will be selling anything common (prime parts) as auctions. Most of the items would be just "Buy now". It only makes sense to auction rivens.

And it's pretty easy to make AH profitable for DE, make 10% transaction fee, not in credits, in platinum. So if you are selling something for 100p, you will only get 90p and 10p will go to DE. This is called gold/platinum sink. 100 transactions like this and DE earns ~$50. Right now they don't earn anything on trades.

Economy regulates itself, again, if you are ignorant i suggest reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

An auction house for rivens I can get behind. These mods are filled with so much variance that almost no 2 rivens are the same, so the price of rivens is a complete crapshoot. Some amount of consistency is necessary there.

As for the auction house, we already have one, it's called warframe.market and it works perfectly fine as it is. If you're too lazy to look up prices there, then maybe you deserve to get ripped off. An in game auction house for non-riven items removes all bartering and, imo, takes the fun out of trading

Il y a 6 heures, (PS4)KresTias a dit :

Looking at PoE bounty drop/Looking at riven rolls/Looking at Asian MMO.

"Only active players must be rewarded" you mean selfish? Many vets out of there spend bunch of their time helping new players, for example, and they deserve nothing?

AH Terminal is necessary for rivens (Maroo bazar good place for it), trade and trade chat must get improvements too (Filters doesnt solve problem).

Dont forget, theres different markets PC/PS/Xbox (all of them different), different timezones and different regions.

If people buying plat - less thing they want is wasting their time in a trade, if AH somehow will affect prices and people could get more for their plat, they might buy plat again and b4 next PA.

Then if you don't want to "waste time" as you say, there is always someone with the item you want right now. It's DE. The problem I see is that you don't like the price of prime access and want a huge discount over that because you don't like prices in trade chat either, and call for a feature that would completely ruin prices - and the game's drop rates eventually.

Il y a 9 heures, Loswaith a dit :

And yet that rad-share drop chances has not had enough impact on prime access sales for DE to have altered it in any way.
It is also only that chance under very limited circumstances; a 4 person squad with identical radiant relics (which is actually 34% to get at-least one rare), with a lot of setup to actually even get those odds. 
Any deviation from that and the chances drop significantly.  Thus the true drop rate of rare prime parts is significantly lower than that 34% in practice.

That's because trading is inconvenient and time consuming, and most people understand that if they want the thing right now, DE is selling it, so they go for it instead. What people do in practice is more or less irrelevant. The drop chance is 34% in ideal circumstances and it's the magical number we should be looking at. With an auction house, such items will be worth 2p in less than a month. You're going to create a situation in which everyone can trade without the time consuming part.

On 2/25/2018 at 1:35 AM, Fenwyn said:

It's beyond sickening having to go through all the drama of belligerent players, sorting through an disappearing mess to sort through, where in every single MMO it's a simple search query, purchase, and equip.  No drama, just done.  Everyone will post that it isn't so bad, that there's another website, all these other solutions, but the fact that there are such solutions in the first place is the issue.  It's still a headache to navigate trading for half an hour or longer to find what you want, it's still a headache to have to play guessing games with morons who won't just give you a flat honest price and expect you to correctly guess right away based on any of the arbitrary numbers listed on a 3rd party website, and it's still a headache to not have a firm comparison of final price points to have some idea if you're being ripped off or not.

Please, please, please DE, add an auction house.

An AH will be extremely bad for the game economy , that's why it will never happen .

21 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

An AH will be extremely bad for the game economy , that's why it will never happen .

this has been refuted multiple times, in addition to actually showing how having an AH would be beneficial. As the way things are now, progressively less and less people are buying items from other players in the trade chat, and that is because those who are selling the items are constantly raising the prices to ludicrous amounts. this is going to send the game economy into a recession unless something is done about it. This system promotes hyperinflation by allowing players to set their own standard of prices, which then forces people to buy more platinum from DE so they can buy that godroll riven, only to make the actual worth of platinum become diminished because there is now more premium currency circulating around the playerbase. Even taking into account how newer players will also most likely buy extra slots and the like to make their gameplay faster, the amount of platinum circulating is still astronomically large.

I am sorry, but so long as DE does three simple things, then the AH would be extremely beneficial for an economy. The three things are: impose a platinum tariff on sold goods of about 5-10% of the gross platinum in transit from buyer to seller, setting a minimum of what you can offer an item at in the AH, such as a minimum of say 100 platinum for Legendary Cores, and setting a maximum on how high the request can go to about 500-600 platinum. This is to both create a cost sink so that the game will be able to reduce the amount of currency in circulation, as well as to prevent monopolies from occurring for any item. Heck, DE could even throw in the rule that you can only have a maximum of 5 trades listed in the AH at any given point, preventing overcluttering of the AH. Lastly, the AH will have to physically hold the item being sold so that the player cannot trade it through other means, thus further reducing clutter by preventing people from posting a sale in the AH falsely or posting it and then selling it somewhere else just so that their offer takes up space. Once the trade is completed through the AH, the AH automatically deposits the amount into the seller's account minus the tariff, sending that player a manifesto of the transaction through in-game mail.

This would solve all the issues with trading in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

How are you going to monopolize the game when you still have a daily limit on trades? A monopolization only actually works when you don't have a limit on how many trades you can do per day.

i'm sure you can figure out how game manipulation is done, regardless of any limits incurred. those people just don't or atleast avoid getting caught doing those things with layers and layers of failsafes.
i imagine you probably already know what i'm talking about, and it need not be said out in the open.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

This system promotes hyperinflation

and untaxed auto Trading(Auction House)... promotes hyper deflation, if we're going to be fair and equal in both directions.

Am 25.2.2018 um 09:47 schrieb Fenwyn:

And I would spend so much more money if it weren't such a bother to even find what I wanted to spend it on.

I completely agree.

So far, I have tried to avoid interacting with people who are not my friends or clan members. Tonight, I changed my mind and got myself some platinum because I really wanted Oberon Prime Systems. Well, what can I say?! I was quickly reminded why I did not want to interact with most people in the first place.

Partially, I am to blame. I was enough of a noob to believe that pressing X would open a shop where I can just click on the item I want for a fixed price (if you need an idea of how trading could work, this would be one way to actually do it). Instead I get a standard trade window and still have to talk to some random person. So after a long day of work I first have to spend lots of time to find the item that I want and then I have to find the fine line between not being completely scammed and not receiving "LOL noob" or some passive-aggressive remark as a response to my offer. And it feels like the margin between those two scenarios is like 1 or 2 platinum. Certainly not my idea of fun. So I grabbed my 1.000 platinum, logged out and now I'm being salty on the forums. 1/10, won't try again. 

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)Boomstickman98 a dit :

this has been refuted multiple times, in addition to actually showing how having an AH would be beneficial. As the way things are now, progressively less and less people are buying items from other players in the trade chat, and that is because those who are selling the items are constantly raising the prices to ludicrous amounts. this is going to send the game economy into a recession unless something is done about it. This system promotes hyperinflation by allowing players to set their own standard of prices, which then forces people to buy more platinum from DE so they can buy that godroll riven, only to make the actual worth of platinum become diminished because there is now more premium currency circulating around the playerbase. Even taking into account how newer players will also most likely buy extra slots and the like to make their gameplay faster, the amount of platinum circulating is still astronomically large.

I am sorry, but so long as DE does three simple things, then the AH would be extremely beneficial for an economy. The three things are: impose a platinum tariff on sold goods of about 5-10% of the gross platinum in transit from buyer to seller, setting a minimum of what you can offer an item at in the AH, such as a minimum of say 100 platinum for Legendary Cores, and setting a maximum on how high the request can go to about 500-600 platinum. This is to both create a cost sink so that the game will be able to reduce the amount of currency in circulation, as well as to prevent monopolies from occurring for any item. Heck, DE could even throw in the rule that you can only have a maximum of 5 trades listed in the AH at any given point, preventing overcluttering of the AH. Lastly, the AH will have to physically hold the item being sold so that the player cannot trade it through other means, thus further reducing clutter by preventing people from posting a sale in the AH falsely or posting it and then selling it somewhere else just so that their offer takes up space. Once the trade is completed through the AH, the AH automatically deposits the amount into the seller's account minus the tariff, sending that player a manifesto of the transaction through in-game mail.

This would solve all the issues with trading in my opinion.

That's your problem right here, you've been repeating yourself a lot but ultimately it boils down to one thing: you don't want to buy from DE and you don't want to buy from other players, all this because you don't want to pay the current prices for things. Well I can reassure you, not everyone is in that situation, don't worry. The game is doing good enough with or without the glorious 10 plat you'd like to pay for the newest Prime set.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Once the trade is completed through the AH, the AH automatically deposits the amount into the seller's account minus the tariff, sending that player a manifesto of the transaction through in-game mail.

So, your idea is that we have to pay platinum to sell items through the auction house? That will just make all the prices go up. A set worth 1000 plat will increase in price so people can still get to keep 1000 plat. Meaning anyone not selling through the auction house can sell for 1000 plats and keep it all. So, basically, you want a system to encourage using trade chat? Sounds great!

A plat tariff will not work. It will only make items more expensive.

On a side note: DE should not be setting prices in a player driven market. (If you want to pay their prices, buy from their markets)

The problem with trading in this game, in its current state, is the same that Path of Exile has: Price fixers, scammers, and people putting up fake prices and trying to make you offer more for the same item.

I've never been a fan of peer-to-peer trading because of the tedium caused by the people I listed. They're the result of a bad trading system with no automation, and we'd all be better off with some sort of auction house like in Guild Wars 2 or Runescape.

Edited by Pizzarugi

11 minutes ago, sixmille said:

That's your problem right here, you've been repeating yourself a lot but ultimately it boils down to one thing: you don't want to buy from DE and you don't want to buy from other players, all this because you don't want to pay the current prices for things. Well I can reassure you, not everyone is in that situation, don't worry. The game is doing good enough with or without the glorious 10 plat you'd like to pay for the newest Prime set.

The problem is that people want alternatives! We don't want to have to be stuck for hours on end trying to trade one thing! I wouldn't mind paying DE if I actually had the money to do so! People should not be punished if they cannot afford to buy it directly from DE. Not everybody in the world is rich or makes a living wage. I would appreciate it if you would not act as though you are high and mighty, bullying people who disagree with you. Finally, please stop posting here if you cannot contribute to a discussion beyond mocking anybody who disagrees with your world views.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

So, your idea is that we have to pay platinum to sell items through the auction house? That will just make all the prices go up. A set worth 1000 plat will increase in price so people can still get to keep 1000 plat. Meaning anyone not selling through the auction house can sell for 1000 plats and keep it all. So, basically, you want a system to encourage using trade chat? Sounds great!

A plat tariff will not work. It will only make items more expensive.

On a side note: DE should not be setting prices in a player driven market. (If you want to pay their prices, buy from their markets)

That is why I mentioned a maximum amount of around 600 plat! DE would not be setting prices outside of setting a lower and higher caps. A market is bound to fail without regulation. The point of the AH is not to take over the trade chat, it is only to give an alternative that does not require outsourcing to third party sites.

12 hours ago, Loswaith said:

This is ridiculous

Yeah it's not like I've done it before.

19 hours ago, Kaminariss said:

why AH in game would not be any different from online site

Yeah it's not like an in-game feature endorsed by the dev would be far more likely to be used than third party.

19 hours ago, Kaminariss said:

I am neutral in this case

Pointlessly flaming.  Got it.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

that is true, which is why I had stated that there should be a tax. That is perfectly fine by me if there is a tax.

I'd rather spend a ton of credits to trade, based on MR, rather than real money. People shouldn't be forced to pay out of pocket just to avoid price fixers and scammers.

Edited by Pizzarugi

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

I'd rather spend a ton of credits to trade, based on MR, rather than real money. People shouldn't be forced to pay out of pocket just to avoid price fixers and scammers.

While I agree with you here, we also need to find a cost sink for the platinum inflation pretty soon.I would honestly prefer a credit tax to be fair, but I want to be certain to address every possible avenue for dealing with the problem.

8 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

Yeah.  Cause you don't give a crap about new free players.

I am sorry, but where exactly did I say that, huh? I am trying to figure out every way we could possibly do this. Heck, we could make the tax become based on the item itself, like having rare drops like arcanes and legendary cores be based on platinum while the mods/sculptures/lenses have a tax on credits instead. That could work. That would also subtly address that new players need to look for ways to earn platinum in-game too.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

I am sorry, but where exactly did I say that, huh? I am trying to figure out every way we could possibly do this. Heck, we could make the tax become based on the item itself, like having rare drops like arcanes and legendary cores be based on platinum while the mods/sculptures/lenses have a tax on credits instead. That could work. That would also subtly address that new players need to look for ways to earn platinum in-game too.

And it likely can't be done while retaining an environment with near the level of accessibility to free players.  There's a reason Path of Exile also doesn't have an auction house.  There's a reason Diablo 3 removed their auction house.  What exactly does a tax accomplish aside from hurting free players who rely on trading to reach the level of paid players?

8 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

And it likely can't be done while retaining an environment with near the level of accessibility to free players.  There's a reason Path of Exile also doesn't have an auction house.  There's a reason Diablo 3 removed their auction house.  What exactly does a tax accomplish aside from hurting free players who rely on trading to reach the level of paid players?

It is there as a way to prevent people from gaming the system. Tax systems are already in place in the game anyway, so there really is no difference so long as we make all the trades taxed on credits. You think that would be acceptable? The taxation works exactly like how it does now, just giving players a way to more easily digest the possible amount of trades. thoughts? Hey, I am willing to work with you and find a happy medium. We just should have an easier way to do this so that people don't have to give up their limited time just trying to get one trade through.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

It is there as a way to prevent people from gaming the system. Tax systems are already in place in the game anyway, so there really is no difference so long as we make all the trades taxed on credits. You think that would be acceptable? The taxation works exactly like how it does now, just giving players a way to more easily digest the possible amount of trades. thoughts? Hey, I am willing to work with you and find a happy medium. We just should have an easier way to do this so that people don't have to give up their limited time just trying to get one trade through.

And it hinders free players far more than paid.  Also new players far more than experienced.  My thoughts are you're so obsessed with the idea of added convenience you'll blind yourself to the unavoidable repercussions of said convenience.

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)Boomstickman98 a dit :

The problem is that people want alternatives! We don't want to have to be stuck for hours on end trying to trade one thing! I wouldn't mind paying DE if I actually had the money to do so! People should not be punished if they cannot afford to buy it directly from DE. Not everybody in the world is rich or makes a living wage. I would appreciate it if you would not act as though you are high and mighty, bullying people who disagree with you. Finally, please stop posting here if you cannot contribute to a discussion beyond mocking anybody who disagrees with your world views.

First I post what I want where I want, when I want, as long as it's respecting the forum rules. Then, I'm merely stating that all your arguments are irrelevant because they're not aimed at convenience or anything you claim, you just want cheaper prime sets. That's your real motive, the rest is just crap to obfuscate this. I explained several times why it's not going to happen though so I'm not repeating myself. If you can't afford Prime Access then you can always farm, it's not that time consuming if you know what you're doing.

Edited by sixmille