Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes to Alerts

(PSN)EpICFreeDoMZz

Alerts are a great way of getting items early game and I feel that they scale well to mid game when youre starting to work towards  earning more frames but by the time you get to end game where the only thin you want or need are credits, endo, rare materials (ie nitain extract) and void traces, all of the alerts bar the rare resources are pointless. Therefore I want to propose 2 changes to make. 

1) I want to see the credit alerts to increase in value. Currently the most I think I ever see is about 10k credits and lowest was 1 credit (it was an April fools alert but still the lowest I've seen). I want to change it so 10k would be the lowest amount available and it could go all the way up to 100k-200k. This means that there's a new more fun way to farm credits other than just index and It also won't make it so newer players have millions of credits because the higher level ones would be locked around the higher level planets. 

2) I would like to see the value of void trace alerts increased. Currently you can only get 20 from an alert which is nothing. It doesn't even upgrade a relic to Exceptional as that's 25 traces. Instead I'd like to see there be multiple of these alerts where the amount of traces received changes. You could instead have it drop 20 or 25 being the lowest all the way up to 150 being the highest. This helps everyone as you would then always be able to get at least one upgrade on your relics then from them. It also helps those people who can never farm radiant as they can never get any endless void fissures to go live when they spawn.

Anyway those were my two suggestions. If you have any feedback or improvements I'd love to hear them. Thanks for reading.

What about items like Gallium, Orokin Cells, Neurodes, etc? Those alerts only offer a single hit of the resource, which seems silly given how readily most of those resources now drop. In year one, you could run a dozen missions, just in the hopes of one Neurode to complete a build. The alerts made sense then, but they are no longer relevant. 

Why not have the amount of said resource scale to the level of the mission? A level 5-10 Earth mission could allow a new player a chance at 1-2 of a rarer resource. While the higher the mission tier, the more quantity offered to match.

This could be really beneficial to players in the earlier stages of the game, allowing them access to resources from planets they may not have unlocked yet. As opposed to a single Orokin Cell being offered on Saturn or beyond, where those items already drop regularly, and a newer player may not be able to go without a taxi.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)EpICFreeDoMZz said:

also won't make it so newer players have millions of credits because the higher level ones would be locked around the higher level planets. 

Do people not taxi each other on PS? New players will just ask for someone to take them to a mission, get 100k credits. The only way to stop it is with a mastery lock, and let’s not do that. We did used to have periodic “Treasure ship” alerts, these had something like 50-100k credits as the reward. Not sure what happened to those...

Most credit rewards are just so low they are pointless, but DE is yet to even acknowledge that.

Edited by krc473

Hey, I still do the oxium alerts. Well, as long as they aren't Defense, Survival, Defection missions.  I might start doing Defense and Survival though as I think they lowered the time to 5 waves/5 minutes.  I used to do a bunch of the Neurodes ones (only short missions like Capture or Exterminate) as a guaranteed Neurodes that didn't have a search involved or Lua attached was worth it... At least before PoE. 

However, I can agree that most of the Alerts are just plain silly new or old players alike.  Many alerts have decent new player stuff, but are on planets well beyond their reach.  Conversely, there are plenty of not worth it rewards alerts no matter where you are in the game.

However, for whatever reason, no matter how silly the reward is there always seems to be a full squad when I say, "What the hek, sounds like a fun mission.  I don't care about the rewards."  Which could be other players thinking the same thing, but then again; I like archwing too.  Which is mostly of those alerts for fun I do.

7 minutes ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

Hey, I still do the oxium alerts. Well, as long as they aren't Defense, Survival, Defection missions.  I might start doing Defense and Survival though as I think they lowered the time to 5 waves/5 minutes. 

They lowered it for invasions, not alerts 

8 hours ago, krc473 said:

Do people not taxi each other on PS? New players will just ask for someone to take them to a mission, get 100k credits. The only way to stop it is with a mastery lock, and let’s not do that. We did used to have periodic “Treasure ship” alerts, these had something like 50-100k credits as the reward. Not sure what happened to those...

Most credit rewards are just so low they are pointless, but DE is yet to even acknowledge that.

I was just about to ask about the treasure ship alerts.  Only got to do like 2 or 3 of them then they disappeared.  What happened to them?  I liked them they were fun.

3 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

I was just about to ask about the treasure ship alerts.  Only got to do like 2 or 3 of them then they disappeared.  What happened to them?  I liked them they were fun.

There was something about the credit economy being "more balanced" so they removed them. I think that basically means "we gave you the Index".

But, the treasure ship alerts are gone now.