The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we gonna get some update on beam weapons soon or we gotta wait for them till the next 3 year?

Fallen_Echo

I know the title may offend some people here, but i know DE's rework tendencies are mostly hit and run styled.

An update here an update there, we are making more changes sure.......boom forgotten for the next years.

We have weapons what produce strange numbers with the ramp-up, weapons what can barely function well with it and a weapon what has an alt fire only capatable of dealing 10% total damage all the time!

Im not here to discuss the changes but if people want to talk about them, feel free to.

I want DE to come down here and make an official statement before they "sweep the issues under the rug", for the void's sake dont turn this into a year long bugfix.

I know that the corpus open world is coming but that doesnt mean that everything else can wait. 

Even the Soon (TM) answers are better than nothing.

zW3PePg.png

Thought i must say some actual answer would be much better than that.

8 minutes ago, Echoes said:

Did I miss something...? I mean, they already reworked some if not all of them.

Or you are saying those reworks are to be the sweep away from an actual problem..?

Big blanket updates always need some touch-ups and refining. One of the issues here is that, while the ramp up is alright for weapons that hit multiple targets like Amprex/Synapse/Ignis, it's a big hit to single target beams, which will take a couple seconds to really dig into each enemy, which adds up over a crowd and makes them far less useful. Varying ramp times across different weapons, tweaking each weapon to be competitive with the others, is what needs to come.

What the OP is saying that the work on Beam Weapons is yet to be complete, but the discrepancy that the sentiment on them is so far and that is far from the truth. Typical perspective fashion shows that if nothing is done we may have to wait a very long time until another balance/rework pass comes to light and we’ll be dealing with an incomplete work for years to come.

Tweaks to the last update may well happen.  Usually we get a few early tweaks and then it settles back into the weekly format.  Some early tweaks did happen and now we are into the weekly stage where an update might happen tonight, tomorrow or even Friday.  If you have any specific issues regarding specific weapons then I suggest you start a thread specifically about that weapon, either in the bug threads or feedback threads as appropriate.

Continues beam / stream weapons who can hit multiple targets dont have much or any problem with "ramp up per target" , but single beam weapons like flux rifle / specter / convectrix / phage suffer greatly from this 

Why not remove "damage ramp up per target" for single beam weapons ? they are handycaped because of this mechanic

50 minutes ago, Echoes said:

Or you are saying those reworks are to be the sweep away from an actual problem..?

just because they changed them doesnt mean theyve been improved

1 hour ago, Echoes said:

We had a lot of reworks lately and the latest patch on the beam weapon created some bizarre changes.

Aoe beams are "fine" but single target ones got hard hits. Meanwhile the multishot beams took the hardest hit of all, especially the conventrix what has an alt-attack what cant ramp-up.

We also have some serious bugs too like:

1. You can consume 1 ammo but deal 0 damage with your beam weapon.
  2. Ragdolled enemies are immune to beam damage
  3. Ramp-up resets instantly