The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a good build for the Opticor that justifies its MR requirement?

Spadical

Question

14 answers to this question

>"justify"

i dont know, could be that Opticor is heck of a weapon dealing massive damage.

here this build does exactly what you want and is not even close to optimized (heavy caliber coult be maxed and hammer shot + Vile accel can be swapped out)
cd872f887f98f340d216ea2bc5ddd4a7.png

A crit build feels like the only useful way to use it, in my experience as an Opticor main. Here's my build:

8X07ZHg.jpg

I usually fire when it's only a 3rd charged, to save time on weaker enemies. It kills the majority of enemies in one shot, but its damage falls off later on, and a riven with +Crit Chance, +Critical Damage, +Damage/Puncture makes it really, really good.

You *can* build it for status, but it's very wasteful as the Opticor fires too slowly and is meant to be a "one shot, one kill" weapon.

Edit: I actually completely forgot about Heavy Caliber. I don't have it, but it's perfect for the Opticor since the accuracy penalty makes practically zero difference to it. Guy above me has the right idea.

Edited by Dawson1917

Serration+150% multishot+Point & Vital+2 elementals and a fire rate mod would be standard.

What isnt justified by MR 14 (just like with the Aklex) Is the low amount of innate polarities (needs at least one more v, if not a v and a - one).

Good god,no offense, but those two builds from 

vor 41 Minuten schrieb Calumniis:

(...)

and

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Dawson1917:

(..)

are definitly awful.

1.Rule when modding weapons: Always use elemental Mods for the faction you are fighting.

2.Rule: Never use Hammershot. This mod is just objectivly weak. There are always better options.

@Spade_Spadey

Opticor is definitly worth it's MR. It's one of the strongest primaries in the whole game. It's no exxageration to call the Opticor Warframes BfG.

-It has innate punchthrough.

-The girth of it's beam makes it super easy to hit a target.

-Hitscan makes hitting even easier.

-When hitting a solid surface it causes 50% AoE Damage. 

-When combining the punch through and the AoE you can hit enemies with both.

It's a monster. and here is a decent build to top it all off, 

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Opticor/t_30_00000002_132-6-5-137-3-10-138-0-5-140-4-5-141-1-5-150-7-10-159-5-5-847-2-5_138-11-141-11-847-9-137-14-140-9-159-9-132-15-150-8/en/2-0-57

1 hour ago, Spade_Spadey said:

I mean, if the Opticor's MR has to be that high, what's a good build that can maximize it's effectiveness to kill bombards and heavy gunners at LVL 85 in 1-3 charged shots without the use of riven mods?

Let me help justify the reason for it being in the highest MR Tier...

In Stage III sorties I use one of three weapons...Tigris P, Arcor, or the Opticor depending on the enemy type

High index?  Arcor or Opticor, and usually the Opticor in combo with a Fatal Rakta Ash P set up.

Been running a lot of Stage 5 Cetus Bounties lately with a duration polarized Mag P build and I'm relying on the Opticor since out of all the top tier weapons, it 's the only one with range and it's natural puncture damage drops everything in one shot once I strip their armor.  

The opticor has some inherent pluses...1 meter punch through, 400 magnetic explosion as base damage before mods, it's an AoE weapon that naturally staggers the target pretty much every time.  

I use so many different builds for the Opticor, I had to build a second one.  And I never use it against infested.  That's just for fighting the Grineer and Corpus (though I prefer the Plasmor for Corpus).   

Everyone uses the same three to 5 mods on this gun, the deliberation is "more crit?"  or "More status chance?" or "Speed trigger?"

It kinda depends on what frame you're using.  Slova's don't need a speed trigger or status proc, crank up the damage and let it rip.  I prefer Fire rate over sheer damage.  If I can put more shots down field in a shorter time span that's more DPS.  

1 hour ago, Dawson1917 said:

A crit build feels like the only useful way to use it, in my experience as an Opticor main. Here's my build:

8X07ZHg.jpg

I usually fire when it's only a 3rd charged, to save time on weaker enemies. It kills the majority of enemies in one shot, but its damage falls off later on, and a riven with +Crit Chance, +Critical Damage, +Damage/Puncture makes it really, really good.

You *can* build it for status, but it's very wasteful as the Opticor fires too slowly and is meant to be a "one shot, one kill" weapon.

Edit: I actually completely forgot about Heavy Caliber. I don't have it, but it's perfect for the Opticor since the accuracy penalty makes practically zero difference to it. Guy above me has the right idea.

For a crit build why dont use this build?

https://goo.gl/c4kuaU

Critical delay simply doesnt offer enough crit chance to make it worth the use and the firerate decrease forces you to use a firerate mod to offset it.

In the above build the charge rate is only a bit slower but you gain punchtrought from shred but you can swap it out for speed trigger too.

For status this one is good for pushing into zones where the crit falls down:

https://goo.gl/2VFGri

The damage are a bit lower but you have a nice status chance combined with punchtrought to apply them to the masses.

22 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Good god,no offense, but those two builds from 

and

are definitly awful.

1.Rule when modding weapons: Always use elemental Mods for the faction you are fighting.

2.Rule: Never use Hammershot. This mod is just objectivly weak. There are always better options.

This pretty much...If you're going to "crit build" an opticor, Critical delay and Hammershot ain't the way to go.  The Opticor is a natural "tweener" weapon.  Base 20% crit and status chances.  You can't treat it like a bow.  If you are going to go crit crazy...Bladed Rounds over hammershot.  https://goo.gl/puQjz7

But you can get the Status close to 65% with dual status mods and the crit to 50%...in the same build.  Which means that every shot is likely to proc or crit, if not both, to the tune of around 20k in damage prior to crit multiplier.    

This right here...for grineer...will get the job done.  https://goo.gl/aEijPX

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Calumniis:

you clearly didnt read my full post then.

I said, that the build you posted is aweful, which you said yourself in your post. SOOO... how about you try to not get ticked off off anything anybody says? I pretty much agree with you and you are angry... lol...

4 hours ago, Calumniis said:

>"justify"

i dont know, could be that Opticor is heck of a weapon dealing massive damage.

here this build does exactly what you want and is not even close to optimized (heavy caliber coult be maxed and hammer shot + Vile accel can be swapped out)
cd872f887f98f340d216ea2bc5ddd4a7.png

Builds that lack elemental damage are subpar...

Most things are fine on it tbh.

I use slash even on mine

wGiMc6B.jpg

Be aware that my riven gives damage/critchance/cold damage, so it's normally replacing cryo rounds with the riven.

Speed is good though, a normal build for it would remove hunters munitions, add vile accelleration, and replace cryo rounds with stormbringer.