The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember needs a revert

(XBOX)Dingo KARNIJ

Her damage is actually less than it was previously, because it's now mandatory to run Overextended (+90% ability range, -60% ability strength) on her to help make up for the ruined range. Her nerf was stupid and hurts new players the most, as they won't have the rare mods (or the endo/credits to upgrade them) to compensate for her only useful ability now being made trash.

Revert pls

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Riddik dingo said:

honestly i had the perfect build for ember/ember p. now with her 4th ability 'fixes' i cant even take on a 35-40 fissure solo. im normally a solo player and this half max distance at 100% even if the damage is doubled it doesnt help.

This is not a good way to support your topic ; "Revert the nerf cause I had a good build and now I can't be good anymore" is actually a really uneffective way to persuade whoever is reading that your opinion is correct. 

I myself think that ember did not need a nerf ; her powers have always scaled pretty badly allowing her to be insanely good in low level missions and "not so useful" in endgame content.
In any case, I just went to the simulacrum and ran a test and world on fire can still melt any level 45 squishies you may find, as for bombards and gunners....you may want to use your weapons....you can solo Axi fissures on any type of warframe and with any weapon implying you build them correctly....so this isn't an excuse either.
I am generally a solo player myself , I love ember as a frame and hope she gets the rework she deserves...but until then...please remember that she is still viable.

This is my build btw :
3I8CfPg.jpg

1 minute ago, HellVOps said:

Awww yes, yet another ember topic......let the salt rain.

I don't get why you find pleasure in it. 
This frame does actually need a rework, people who like her are simply expressing their feedback and this is a good thing cause it shows they care.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Walkampf:

Dude, she literally got +100% dps...

This buff is awesome!

you are straight wrong.

Her 4 only got +100% dmg...but I lost 140% Power strength to my 4 AND my 2. which IS a nerf. fact. 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Elyann:

This is my build btw :

what are you trying to accomplish with it. I see no clear structure except "everything over 100% and melee aura for extra points"

11 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

you are straight wrong.

Her 4 only got +100% dmg...but I lost 140% Power strength to my 4 AND my 2. which IS a nerf. fact. 

what are you trying to accomplish with it. I see no clear structure except "everything over 100% and melee aura for extra points"

It's an all round build, dude, what did you expect ?

My duration and efficiency allow me to keep world on fire up , my 160% range allows me to have a decent range even at 100% charge and my 185% (+50%) strenght allows me to keep melting even high level enemies by taking advantage of the damage buff we got to compensate for the range nerf .
My aura is only there for "extra points" , I didn't have enough time to forma her yet since the rework nor to farm for "meta" arcanes.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

p.s. what are you trying to accomplish with yours instead ? I only see max range and some good efficiency.....but despite the damage buff...you lack strenght.

Edited by Elyann

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Elyann:

It's an all round build, dude, what did you expect ?

I didn't want to insult you. Just asking what your thoughts were about your build. 

My build can pretty much to the same as pre nerf (I never used Firequake).  I justed switched from Strength to Range...but sth feels different. So I am looking for alternatives. Was just curious 

26 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

Awww yes, yet another ember topic......let the salt rain(or water?you know, fire chicken?).

Except DE has left us in the dark about these changes while a lot of people feel that Ember needs more of a look. Only ONE of her abilities scale and all the others fall off even on non-elemental sorties unless you have Arcane Energize or can sacrifice some blue pizzas, both of which shouldn't be needed. 

Ember is just slower in room-clearing even compared to weapons like Ignis or Guandao. And room-clearing is the only thing that her current kit can be good at right now (because, you know, her ult isn't quite as good for CC anymore either due to the terrible range).

vor 22 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

-Her 2 was not changed in any way.

-Her 4 got a 100% dps increase.

Correct me, if I am wrong, but when DE changes a Warframe, then this effects are for all players.

DE does not assign specific formulas to singled out players.

Thus, you are lying, THIS is a fact.

Edited by Walkampf

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Walkampf:

-Her 2 was not changed in any way.

-Her 4 got a 100% dps increase.

yes her 2 wasn't changed and thats the problem...

switching from Strength to Range to compensate the -50% Range let you lose a high dmg multiplier on her 2, which then affects the dmg of your 4 as well.

maths...it's not for everyone

and let's not forget the double energy cost.

I mean I'm fine with her changes. I didn't lose much. I can still play her to around sortie 2. I just got motivated to use different frames

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

so much discontent. i myself dont mind the changes to ember i was always mobile with her anyway. all the salt will vanish if and when DE decides to do a proper revision of enemy scaling. no matter what anyone says. bullet sponge and OHKO are never acceptable ways to FAKE challenge.

I agree with the negative opinions about the recent WoF change.
However, I'm surprised that so many people seem to be fond of the new Fireball, which I find a bit useless.
To kill something in front of you, why would you use Fireball rather than your weapon?
The napalm effect also seems to be very meh.
I'm not saying that people who like Fireball are wrong, on the contrary, but I don't understand how it can be used effectively.

vor 1 Minute schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

yes her 2 wasn't changed and thats the problem...

switching from Strength to Range to compensate the -50% Range let you lose a high dmg multiplier on her 2, which then affects the dmg of your 4 as well.

maths...it's not for everyone

If YOU changed your build, and screwed up in the process, then it's not DEs fault.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/baton-roue

You are just plain not capable of adapting.

Not to mention, if you toggle World on fire on a regular basis, then your former build didn't change in any way.

You are just not capable of hitting a button zwice every few seconds.

I mean, good god, you can even train animals to push a button. Youa re not even as capable as a labrat? lol xD

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I didn't want to insult you. Just asking what your thoughts were about your build. 

My build can pretty much to the same as pre nerf (I never used Firequake).  I justed switched from Strength to Range...but sth feels different. So I am looking for alternatives. Was just curious 

Sorry about it, I took it as an insult and answered back.

Yea, she feels different to play and I myself am looking for alternatives. 
This build allows me to keep world on fire up and kill the squishies ( anything that's not a bombard or a gunner ) around me pretty easily until high levels by taking advantage of the big amounts of damage dealt.
Its range is obviously shorter than pre-nerf world on fire but the ability itself deals stronger personal damage so I kinda use it to create room around me and avoid getting hit thanks to its cc while I kill VIPs  or out of range targets with my weapons ; 
 GG0XcQ6.jpg

(This is the max range it can reach once at 100% ; it's not great but I am okay with it so far )

I think we simply just have to wait for people to understand how to play ember after this nerf ; fireball is still not amazing , accelerant is the same as usual and her 3 is nice but not so nice itself...and everyone is indecided about how to build your frame around world on fire as of now so we can do nothing but to keep experimenting.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Walkampf:

If YOU changed your build, and screwed up in the process, then it's not DEs fault.

You are just plain not capable of adapting.

wth mate?

I did adapt, changed her to be like she was...kinda.

And if I want toggle 4 (like spamming) I can go Limbo. 

You can't reason yourself and then go insulting? Oh my Oh my...

ok so here for the slow one

vor 45 Minuten schrieb Walkampf:

Dude, she literally got +100% dps...

No, she didn't got +100% dps. ONLY her 4 got +100% dmg after the "channeling time".

Since you (or rather me) can't play her like before (press 4 and go do other things like Syndicate medaillons) one has to adapt - like you said.

You can do that by modding her like me and try playing her like before which without a doubt cuts your dmg regarding her 2 didn't receive any buff.

pre nerf:

gfxc7SY.jpg

post nerf:

7SzHXnI.jpg

Like I said. I switched from Strength to Range because I intent to play her like before. If I want another playstyle I can switch to another frame (eg mentioned Limbo)

You just want to defend the changes without reasoning. I don't want any revert if you think thats what I'm after. But dont speak of buff or sth when it clearly IS a nerf. Either her less dmg on her 2, her less Range or her x2 energy cost (which can't be cut down to 0.75). And don't say just toggle her 4...that's not Ember anymore

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

vor 17 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

wth mate?

I did adapt, changed her to be like she was...kinda.

So you screwed up when modding her...

vor 17 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

And if I want toggle 4 (like spamming) I can go Limbo. 

Congratulation, you hit the exact reason, why DE changed the ability. Because they took issue in it's 'set'n'forget' build of the ability!

10 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

So you screwed up when modding her...

Congratulation, you hit the exact reason, why DE changed the ability. Because they took issue in it's 'set'n'forget' build of the ability!

That's the reason why they changed it but it doesn't mean they made a good work by changing it in this way.

Ember needed other changes anyway, her powers need to scale better and she could use some better augments.

vor 30 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

Since you (or rather me) can't play her like before

You are aware, that changing something something is because DE took issue in the way you were able to play her before.

You are not supposed to be able to play her just as before, that is the very reason for the change.

You simply don't get the concept of 'changing something'...