Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients too OP

(PSN)ZekeNigma

Why are Sentients harder to kill than cockroaches? I know the Operator is who you're supposed to use to defeat them, but even my Operator suffers PTSD flashbacks from a lasershow after trying to fight them. I don't know what exactly is wrong, but Octavia's Anthem is nigh impossible to complete when you have to do the equivalent of breaking ice with an ice pick that can't even do the job its designed for

• Like 2

Don't even bother with the sentients in Octavia's Anthem. DE disabled all of their drops in the quest, because allowing a reliable way to kill them for their exclusive drops, should you have the skill and gear to fight them without dying, is utter madness in DE's eyes. Making you wait 15 minutes in a Lua survival so *one* can spawn so you can have *one* go at the 2% drop rates, then having to extract and do it all a hundred times more, is MUCH fairer to them :)

You're supposed to run away from them in the quest, and only kill them at the last part. Bring a tanking frame and a weapon like the Opticor and you should be fine, since the sentients in the last part are very weak.

• Like 1

Gara can be very helpfull to stun them and protect your Operator with MV. Using Exca's RB then use the Op is another way to get rid of them quickly.

il y a 3 minutes, Dawson1917 a dit :

Making you wait 15 minutes in a Lua survival so *one* can spawn so you can have *one* go at the 2% drop rates, then having to extract and do it all a hundred times more, is MUCH fairer to them :)

You're exaggerating. Sentients spawn a lot more than that and they never come alone. 

Well the lazers do make me trip balls, but there easy to kill... i normally use Loki with a tigris prime, go stealth get close and poofff they are death... my friend uses Valkyr just to bash them to death. 

But just a tip when they stack resistance go in to the operator.. zap them and go back to your frame...

5 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Gara can be very helpfull to stun them and protect your Operator with MV. Using Exca's RB then use the Op is another way to get rid of them quickly.

You're exaggerating. Sentients spawn a lot more than that and they never come alone. 

They spawn every 5 minutes in groups of n + 1, n being the number of players in the squad

If you say that Sentient cannot be CC'ed then yes, they are OP but you can blind them using excalibur or if you want to go hardcore just use inaros 1st skill, I am so relieved that i finised TWW quest and get my operator to warrior mode and then can kill those sentient by using inaros and tigris prime or just use whatever weapon that have good damage because you CC them which they cannot do anything when they are blinded or anything. I also use Rhino stomp just to make them stop and i can kill one of them and when i kill one of them i got full energy and then i stomp again, which is funny and nice reward for dealing sentient

Update: hardcore means you want to be tankier AF

Edited by yupangestu93

My tip to you sir is to use a high damage melee weapon, a frame that can stun the sentients, and a little mod known as Shattering Impact.

Sentients are immune to status procs, so stripping their armor with corrosive procs is out of the question. Shattering impact is the only way to strip a sentients Armor.

I personally use Excalibur with Exalted blade (don’t use the aug for Exalted blade it’s actually a disadvantage vs sentients) however you can use Valkyr or Wukong if you wanted to.

2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

because that is quite literally what they were build to be by the idiot Corpus who made them.

Excuse me but orokin built them to terraform the tau system and made it to where they can't return hence why they really don't like us at all..... I just realized you were joking I think? I'm not socially adept

Edited by ladymayneth

40 minutes ago, ladymayneth said:

Excuse me but orokin built them to terraform the tau system and made it to where they can't return hence why they really don't like us at all..... I just realized you were joking I think? I'm not socially adept

It'll take too long to explain so:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Detron_Crewman

Read the synthesis entry.

as aforementioned, in the Quest you don't need to Kill them.

but if you want to, Spike Damage Weapons all the way. and Kill them before they group up.
or for weaker Damage Weapons, have a variety of Damage Types across your Weapons. ofc Void Damage resets Resistances which can be helpful if you have not succeeded to Kill them by the time they're resistant to most of your Damage Types.

don't forget to pick up the glowy things they drop on death - they Heal other Sentients if they pick them up instead.

Edited by taiiat

Might I suggest Volts discharge?  It not only stun them but can also interrupt the whirlwind attack of the melee sentient.  And do keep in mind that if you have access to your operator, then void energy strips the acquired resistances and does bonus damage to the sentients.  Additionally it doesn't hurt to have weapon sets with as much damage variety as possible.