Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You are KILLING Destiny (and probably Anthem, preemptively)...

TheRealDestian

Thank you for delivering a brutal reminder to the lootbox-infested dumpster fire that is the "AAA" gaming world that smaller devs with vision and talent can kick the crap out of bloated, shareholder-controlled abominations that can't make the connection between customer satisfaction and higher profits.

Makes me smile every time I see mainstream youtubers and streamers saying, "Yeah, Warframe though..." because WF deserves the recognition and I'm glad it's getting more and more of it.

Edited by TheRealDestian

7 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Destiny killed itself. It could have been the only game of its kind on the market, it would have still commited suicide by stupidity.

Agreed. Destiny's* death was an inside job. Warframe, The Division, Anthem, whatever, none of them had (or would have had) any particular effect on it. 

* Well, Destiny 2. Destiny 1 seems to be doing pretty okay given its age. Which is even more embarrassing for Bungie.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Agreed. Destiny's* death was an inside job. Warframe, The Division, Anthem, whatever, none of them had (or would have had) any particular effect on it. 

* Well, Destiny 2. Destiny 1 seems to be doing pretty okay given its age. Which is even more embarrassing for Bungie.

And the only reason first Destiny was such a success despite having less substance than a rotten tomato, was simply because of Bungie name.

I am excited to try out anthem, but the purchase price for a game that looks an awful lot like this one is kind of prohibitive.  the FTP model that DE has really makes it much more accessible to everyone to at least try this game out.  

Bungie destroyed themselves by serving Activision (who I will often correlate to the Reaper in Mass Effect 1, Sovereign) and kicking out all the good persons, and making increasingly bad decisions. They are already dead in all form but name in my book, and it was then that the Tenno struck, telling anyone who spoke of or played Destiny to go try Warframe; a logical tactic which wasn't always successful because of how the microtransactions are presented first over blueprints

As for Anthem? I only see a pile of decent assets, a Section 8 ripoff, and a Destiny's worth of history for that (already dead; Anthem's assets will inevitably be gutted for Source Filmmaker usage, as should be the case with Destiny 2 in due time).

The future, if the 'AAA' industry wants to survive at all, is to go free-to-play. They're already gating content in a free-to-play manner anyway so they have no rights to deny the notion of artificially overblowing their populations for the sake of :corpus: Corpus Grofit.

In the end, I still await the day I will claim Ballas' sword, and Umbra, and use them together as intended.

Here's a question, has anyone heard of the AAA referencing Warframe? I've seen a lot of them reference each other, ie. CoD referencing Battlefield or Ubisoft referencing Bungie, but I haven't seen any of them mentioning Warframe. I wonder if they really still don't notice Warframe and what DE has accomplished, or they are purposely avoiding it, to justify their own practices of gouging customers and "turning players into payers" rhetoric.

Edited by Ryme

warframe is a godly game compared to any paid game ive played, i have played a lot mmos that clarify themselves as free to play but ends up pay to win, whats so good about it is the game itself and how much care the devs put into it, they are truly passionate people. i love this game one thing i see this game is lacking in a bit is endgame but trust me they will fix it very soon. 
PS : they are wiping the sh*t out of triiple A gaming companies atm

Edited by ZirkonX

Nah they killed them selfs with bad practices

░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓░░░░░░░ 
░░▓▓▓▓▒░░▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓░░░░░
░▓▓▓▓▒░░▓▓▓▒▄▓░▒▄▄▄▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▒░░▒▀▀▀▀▒░▄░▄▒▓▓░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▀▒▀▒▓▒▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░▄▀▀▀▄▓▒▓░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░░▒▒▓▀▄▄▄▄▓▒▒▒▓
░▓█▀▄▒▓▒▒░░░▒▒░░▀▀▀▒▒▒▒░
░░▓█▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░
░░░▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▓▓░
░░░░░▓▓▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓░
░░░░░░▓▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓░░

f1NxiJA.png

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Spartan Roks said:

I'm hoping that anthem actually doesn't become garbage (as it's a pretty cool concept) (and also we're waiting another year due to delay), but most likely it will, and then it will be killed by warframe.

I'm hoping Anthem doesn't fail just because I want to see the next Dragon Age.

5 minutes ago, Ryme said:

Here's a question, has anyone heard of the AAA referencing Warframe? I've seen a lot of them reference each other, ie. CoD referencing Battlefield or Ubisoft referencing Bungie, but I haven't seen any of them mentioning Warframe. I wonder if they really still don't notice Warframe and what DE has accomplished, or they are purposely avoiding it, to justify their own practices of gouging customers and "turning players into payers" rhetoric.

They avoid refrencing it because Warframe and DE are sticking it to the system with a rare tactic called "DON'T BE A $&*^ TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!" They refuse to acknowledge its success because it does everything big publishers don't do out of greed.

Warframe didn't really have to try anything to overshadow it, it's the opposite really. Destiny didn't try. It was just boring. It's skill system was simplified like Overwatch (probably cuz they wanted easy balancing in PvP and try to Esports it) where you basically only have two skills with zzz Cooldowns, no unique aspects between guns and Melee combat so limited it pretty much didn't exist. It also had cringy PG storytelling with dull, ugly in a boring way, hard to take seriously villains. There was no depth to keep me interested and I was literally falling asleep trying to keep going during free trial.

14 minutes ago, Ryme said:

Oh they are very aware of Warframe and have been for awhile now.  They just can't reference Warframe or DE without possibly shooting themselves in the foot.  

18 minutes ago, Ryme said:

When did you last hear a AAA developer mentioning any indie game? Warframe is not special in that regard. Like the rest of the indie industry, it is mostly ignored.