Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console PSA - Invati Sekhara Script

[DE]Megan

17 minutes ago, (PS4)MrRiceFTW said:

"Oh, you messed up DE. Bad move removing them"

"Raids were too buggy. Couldnt get one done"

"I could never find a group"

Okay, I can understand the perspective of 2 and 3, but EVERYONE who attempted the raids ran into these problems. Me too. Real life comes first, no matter what. Everyone ran into these challenges. It was difficult learning how to do them. It was difficult getting good groups. It was difficult getting past bugs or having to restart because of them. Yet I still managed to complete and learn all the raids. Yes, you ran into problems. But the difference here is that you are using that as an excuse because you weren't persistent. Arguments such as "Oh i didn't find it fun, so I gave up" or "oh i have real life stuff to deal with" or "Im a newer player. No way I could have gotten it" just don't work. Literally, everyone ran into these problems. It's those who were persistent to get past these challenges that truly deserve the Sekharas. Not the people who didn't even get a raid done. You can't complain about something you don't deserve. Newer players, yes, I can definitely understand the feeling of not being able to obtain something you really want, but there's so many other cosmetics you can focus on. Ones that are obtainable and look better than some small shoulder pieces. Being a new player also doesn't work as an excuse because... well, why should you be rewarded for something that older players stuck around for? What exactly translates that being a newer player means you deserve an award that so many others should get? I definitely sound like a jerk, and I apologize, but it's literally the truth about this whole situation. 

Nah, don’t sound like a jerk at all. You’re literally explaining the whole reason why it got taken back from people who didn’t do raids pretty well.

9 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Then 'People' need to be raised with better values. Better than keeping an item which doesn't belong to them.

Could bet all my plat none of these crying people are europeans.

Ones continental origins is highly irrelevant... The point was that it was a pretty bad move on their part, as someone who has completed the raids I was looking forward to this "celebratory" emblem to show my completion. Finding out it was just the emblem from LoR with a new lighting effect was a bit disappointing TBH. So when I saw that my brother who hadn't quite gotten to Trials level gear yet, had gotten it as well, I was kinda happy. "Well cool, I guess they gave everyone that one and had another prepared for the "Trials" completers". But that wasn't the case... So my brother and many other new players (players who were JUST given a free Excal skin and an event for a bunch of practically free weapons and a syandana), had an item taken from them. No they may not have "deserved" it, but if you give something away, you don't get to go "Oops I didn't mean to do that, give it back". That's childish and irresponsible, hence, why I was nearly certain that DE would have merely given it out to all players and merely made a new emblem for the reward. Their fault should not cause a players easily avoidable disappointment...

8 hours ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

I have the Skehara for the record. I'm not on the side who had it taken away.

That said, the moral dilemma is more of a PR thing. While DE is honoring their initial claim, they made a big booboo distributing it to everyone and then just taking it back. In some people's eyes, it's kind of a lazy way to admit a blunder, simply undoing something that probably got a lot of people excited to receive. It's effectively an unintentional tease. A lot of people got to see the reward they're never going to get in their inventory only to vanish forever.

DE is completely in their right to do what they did, and they kept their initial promise to those of us who did clear the raid, but it's going to leave a sour taste in people's mouths. Any further action would be seen as a peace offering, or apology for the error. It has less to do with the item itself as it does the unfortunate situation that played out.

I would say they'd do this across all platforms, not just PS4 lol

Change Invati to a "Thank you all for playing during this time period and sorry we had to take raids out before some of you got to try them" gift and add a new gift to be distributed to raid completers, like a modified Jordas sekhara, which this time would be distributed correctly.

Again, they have no obligation to do these things. It's just one of those gestures that would reflect very well on them and their willingness to own up their mistake and make it right for everyone involved.

PS: I'm not looking for a fight/debate with this post. I'm just trying to explain the opposing viewpoint. People overreacting isn't cool either. It is what it is ultimately.

This, thank you for your very rational viewpoint.

I never played the trials so I was pretty surprised when I got the Sekhara. But in the end, I did not want to wear it anyway since I never actually earned it. Now it is gone and that is perfectly fine. I honestly do not see a problem with that. The reason why I got it in the first place was a bug. Nothing else. And that bug was removed.

2 hours ago, (XB1)xBlitzAttackerX said:

Ones continental origins is highly irrelevant... The point was that it was a pretty bad move on their part, as someone who has completed the raids I was looking forward to this "celebratory" emblem to show my completion. Finding out it was just the emblem from LoR with a new lighting effect was a bit disappointing TBH. So when I saw that my brother who hadn't quite gotten to Trials level gear yet, had gotten it as well, I was kinda happy. "Well cool, I guess they gave everyone that one and had another prepared for the "Trials" completers". But that wasn't the case... So my brother and many other new players (players who were JUST given a free Excal skin and an event for a bunch of practically free weapons and a syandana), had an item taken from them. No they may not have "deserved" it, but if you give something away, you don't get to go "Oops I didn't mean to do that, give it back". That's childish and irresponsible, hence, why I was nearly certain that DE would have merely given it out to all players and merely made a new emblem for the reward. Their fault should not cause a players easily avoidable disappointment...

it wasnt a bad move at all. they accidentally gave something to people who didnt deserve it & then took it back. no issue there.

Imo the real mistake is removing the trials in the first place. It shows a utter lack of commitment to endgame.

People hate the plains, complain that they are buggy, and many no longer do it anymore alreafy due to bordem. I assume this means they will remove plains in the future.

Imagine if destiny just up and removed its raids because "not everyone does them"

Bleh, it's cool and whatnot, I don't mind not having it. I couldn't be bothered with trials in my over 700 days as MR 25 - that's fine to reward people who did - BUT how about adding other Sekhara's then that don't look like poop available for everyone in the future?

18 hours ago, (XB1)D3L7A Z7R1K3 said:

This is good, glad to see the people who did not play and trials are having that taken away. I am genuinely happy as the trials were fun (LoR) and the people who did not participate missed out. I was like , "there is NO way 90% of the people in cetus in every instance had completed a raid." sorry if this offends but no hard feelings. :)

The problem with it is that they gave it to everyone and then took it away. They should've just let us keep it because by taking it away it is basically a statement that those who played trials are the most loyal which isn't true at all. It is as if DE said this is what you could've had but you didn't do trials. Trials aren't the only endgame missions and weren't really worth it IMO. DE removed Trials so they could rework them. 

I still can’t believe (some) people are upset over the fact that a regalia not meant for them got taken away.

It was an error in the script, you didn’t complete a raid you didn’t get it. Simple. They fixed it, that’s all.

And before people quote me and mention “they should have given it to them then make something different for raiders” yeah I get it but just be happy they made something for us at all.

11 hours ago, (PS4)MrRiceFTW said:

"Oh, you messed up DE. Bad move removing them"

"Raids were too buggy. Couldnt get one done"

"I could never find a group"

Okay, I can understand the perspective of 2 and 3, but EVERYONE who attempted the raids ran into these problems. Me too. Real life comes first, no matter what. Everyone ran into these challenges. It was difficult learning how to do them. It was difficult getting good groups. It was difficult getting past bugs or having to restart because of them. Yet I still managed to complete and learn all the raids. Yes, you ran into problems. But the difference here is that you are using that as an excuse because you weren't persistent. Arguments such as "Oh i didn't find it fun, so I gave up" or "oh i have real life stuff to deal with" or "Im a newer player. No way I could have gotten it" just don't work. Literally, everyone ran into these problems. It's those who were persistent to get past these challenges that truly deserve the Sekharas. Not the people who didn't even get a raid done. You can't complain about something you don't deserve. Newer players, yes, I can definitely understand the feeling of not being able to obtain something you really want, but there's so many other cosmetics you can focus on. Ones that are obtainable and look better than some small shoulder pieces. Being a new player also doesn't work as an excuse because... well, why should you be rewarded for something that older players stuck around for? What exactly translates that being a newer player means you deserve an award that so many others should get? I definitely sound like a jerk, and I apologize, but it's literally the truth about this whole situation. 

You make a good point but as it was a mistake on DEs part we should've all gotten to keep because just because us older players didn't do a Trial doesn't many we aren't loyal to DE or anything such as that. They should've made it a reward to all Tenno to celebrate the vets loyalty and I don't care if newbies get it because it's just a cosmetic. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

You make a good point but as it was a mistake on DEs part we should've all gotten to keep because just because us older players didn't do a Trial doesn't many we aren't loyal to DE or anything such as that. They should've made it a reward to all Tenno to celebrate the vets loyalty and I don't care if newbies get it because it's just a cosmetic. 

Mistake or not, they did not earn the item. Now, DE could have just made a sigil to represent the closing of trials or something, but people had ample time and opportunity to complete the raid. if they could not, then they do not deserve a sigil promised to players who did. It, as you said before, it is just a cosmetic.That said, we do not think you veterans are unloyal or any some such, we just worked to get this sekhara, some of us actually jumping in a raid because they were promised an exclusive good. If DE did not uphold their promise to keep it exclusive, that would look really bad on DE's part, because then we could not trust anything they say. They have to draw the line somewhere in the sand, lest people enter the raging currents of a stormy ocean to drown. I understand you all are upset. I cannot sympathize in this scenario because I actually made it very close to the mark , but just think about it as DE upholding a promise to the players that showed them support with the trials.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Mistake or not, they did not earn the item. Now, DE could have just made a sigil to represent the closing of trials or something, but people had ample time and opportunity to complete the raid. if they could not, then they do not deserve a sigil promised to players who did. It, as you said before, it is just a cosmetic.That said, we do not think you veterans are unloyal or any some such, we just worked to get this sekhara, some of us actually jumping in a raid because they were promised an exclusive good. If DE did not uphold their promise to keep it exclusive, that would look really bad on DE's part, because then we could not trust anything they say. They have to draw the line somewhere in the sand, lest people enter the raging currents of a stormy ocean to drown. I understand you all are upset. I cannot sympathize in this scenario because I actually made it very close to the mark , but just think about it as DE upholding a promise to the players that showed them support with the trials.

A very fair point because DE does have uphold promises. The real question is when trials return will the Invati Sekhara return or will it be different one and because of the fact that the Invati is exclusive for those who already completed a trial. I'm gonna go ahead and say that DE will make a new one.

1 minute ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

A very fair point because DE does have uphold promises. The real question is when trials return will the Invati Sekhara return or will it be different one and because of the fact that the Invati is exclusive for those who already completed a trial I'm gonna go ahead and say that DE will make a new one.

It will most likely be a new one, though it could be even better of a cosmetic reward.

Just now, (PS4)d-113Sparky-b said:

I have played warframe since it was released on PS4.  I have completed LOR atleast once.  Have spent many hours grinding.  Dealt with the frustration of bugs and pugs lol.  I get a really cool reward and then when i log in this morning its gone...please correct this.

A few others have complained about the same problem so it sure it will get fixed.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)d-113Sparky-b said:

I have played warframe since it was released on PS4.  I have completed LOR atleast once.  Have spent many hours grinding.  Dealt with the frustration of bugs and pugs lol.  I get a really cool reward and then when i log in this morning its gone...please correct this.

Pretty sure Megan said to contact support earlier in this post if you did a trial, and had it taken away.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

I have the Skehara for the record. I'm not on the side who had it taken away.

That said, the moral dilemma is more of a PR thing. While DE is honoring their initial claim, they made a big booboo distributing it to everyone and then just taking it back. In some people's eyes, it's kind of a lazy way to admit a blunder, simply undoing something that probably got a lot of people excited to receive. It's effectively an unintentional tease. A lot of people got to see the reward they're never going to get in their inventory only to vanish forever.

DE is completely in their right to do what they did, and they kept their initial promise to those of us who did clear the raid, but it's going to leave a sour taste in people's mouths. Any further action would be seen as a peace offering, or apology for the error. It has less to do with the item itself as it does the unfortunate situation that played out.

I would say they'd do this across all platforms, not just PS4 lol

Change Invati to a "Thank you all for playing during this time period and sorry we had to take raids out before some of you got to try them" gift and add a new gift to be distributed to raid completers, like a modified Jordas sekhara, which this time would be distributed correctly.

Again, they have no obligation to do these things. It's just one of those gestures that would reflect very well on them and their willingness to own up their mistake and make it right for everyone involved.

PS: I'm not looking for a fight/debate with this post. I'm just trying to explain the opposing viewpoint. People overreacting isn't cool either. It is what it is ultimately.

This^

Archived